The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So I just add the code to a gct (and add file patch since its not riivo) and run gecko?

Quote from: yoshi535 on September 24, 2014, 09:29:10 PM
So I just add the code to a gct (and add file patch since its not riivo) and run gecko?
Yes.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Just makes sure it's not the ACTUAL Gecko OS, as it won't work then.
Gecko loads the game-coded IOS, which in Brawl's case is IOS36. IOS36 had no SDHC support at all. You'll need to use a different loader. Any other loader that loads a different IOS should work. pmloader and minimalauncher are good for this.

I have a question. What happens if you give one character in a transforming set an extra costume, but don't give the rest of the characters in that set that extra costume as well and then try to transform.
Would the game freeze when you transform into the other character, or would it simply load their default costume?
I ask because when you modify a character's CSSSlotConfig to load, say, costume 07, but you don't set the FighterConfig to also load costume 07, the game loads their default costume instead.


Quote from: LolBrawl on September 25, 2014, 03:42:18 PM
I really need help. Does this work for Pal? If not, is there a port to Pal? Otherwise, hjow do I do it on a Pal wii? This stuff looks amazing, so please help

BrawlEx does not support PAL at this time, if I recall correctly. You're gonna have to wait for it to eventually be ported.

The only way to get BrawlEx working at this time is to have an NTSC copy of Brawl.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: LolBrawl on September 25, 2014, 04:39:41 PM
Ah, ok, can I buy an NTSC Copy of Brawl and run it on my pal wii? I remember that there was a force NTSC option in gecko but that may have just been for display. So, is there any way to get it with a pal wii? Can I get an NTSC version of the game on pal wii?
I'm not sure about that.

The only thing I can think of is downloading an NTSC ISO and loading it via USB Loader, but you're gonna have to find that yourself, as it's against the rules to ask/give links to ISOs.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Hey does anyone have the link to the conflicting graphics tutorial?


Quote from: KingOfChaos on September 24, 2014, 08:55:24 PM
If you're using Project M, then yes, the launcher is needed. But if people read the quote in the thread's OP, then you'll know you won't need the Launcher.
No, but he's using a 4GB SDHC card to load his mods, therefore he needs a compatible loader that supports SDHC loading or can load brawl with an appropriate choice of cios for SDHC loading.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on September 25, 2014, 08:20:56 PM
No, but he's using a 4GB SDHC card to load his mods, therefore he needs a compatible loader that supports SDHC loading or can load brawl with an appropriate choice of cios for SDHC loading.
i use a 8GB SDHC card and the project m launcher will support SDHC and all you need is the SDHC Extension 1.1 code and it will load  the hacks

Quote from: Leon Exodio on September 25, 2014, 08:26:28 PM
  i use a 8GB SDHC card and the project m launcher will support SDHC and all you need is the SDHC Extension 1.1 code and it will load  the hacks


The code qill not work with the level expansion code however, which I feel is important to note aince I know that my build isn't the only EX build that uses the level expansion and custom music loader. At least to my knowledge those 2 things don't work with the sdhc expansion code.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on September 25, 2014, 08:33:41 PM
The code qill not work with the level expansion code however, which I feel is important to note aince I know that my build isn't the only EX build that uses the level expansion and custom music loader. At least to my knowledge those 2 things don't work with the sdhc expansion code.
yes it does i use the stage expansion code and it does work

Quote from: Leon Exodio on September 25, 2014, 08:37:00 PM
yes it does i use the stage expansion code and it does work

!!! Are you sure? I was recently informed it doesn't... Well... Okay then. That's great news :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: KingOfChaos on September 25, 2014, 08:17:19 PM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66856.0

This will make you waste a lot of time and has flaws.

SonicBrawler made a video tutorial about that a while back.
I haven't tested it, but seems better as it replaces another's GFX instead of sharing an ef_file with the original character.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Leon Exodio on September 25, 2014, 08:37:00 PM
yes it does i use the stage expansion code and it does work
I can confirm this as well. Dantarion's Alternate Stage Loader is incompatible with Ex, but not Phantomwings stage expansion stuff.