The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Look through the PSA file and if you see anything with the word "article" in any of the commands, then porting won't work. Of course, it's possible to remake the PSA without articles being uses, but it's a time consuming process.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some characters draw more from their module file than others, and using a new module could have drastic effects on the way the PSA works.

Quote from: Persona-Aya on October 11, 2014, 12:38:12 PM
So if I understand this right, so long as a PSA isn't dependent on a specific feature of a character, they'll work over any character?

Is there a way to find out whether a character has any of those dependencies from Brawlbox? Never really messed around with making, editing or looking at the content of a PSA file before, so if you can see it on Brawlbox or something else, what should I be looking out for?


Quote from: batman64 on October 11, 2014, 01:42:38 PM
Look through the PSA file and if you see anything with the word "article" in any of the commands, then porting won't work. Of course, it's possible to remake the PSA without articles being uses, but it's a time consuming process.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some characters draw more from their module file than others, and using a new module could have drastic effects on the way the PSA works.

article alone wont cut it since lets say if you look at CF himself he wont have any articles besides his car for FS and yet he uses floating points for  all of his specials so if you ported CF over marth noone of his specials would work  since marth rel has no info on what to do with those floating points.

That said the hcars that usualy work over marth and such are chars of pure fake codding that odnt use any articles or floating points and even then more glitches might appear since the module might have stuff that will conflict with the fighter moveset due to random stuff like char slides all the way across the stage on a simple dash attack and so on.

This method isnt recomended unless you know what you are doing and that the char has no articles or floating points and you know how to fix the slides teleports and such that sometimes arent even fixable.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Vortoxo on October 09, 2014, 06:49:08 PM
Megaman works over Lucas.

I tried cloning Lucas with the MM over Ness, and my game crashed...

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

Ah okay then - I didn't think it'd be just so simple like that. I may just leave them alone as I'm not that knowledgeable about everything. Thanks a lot though :kdance:
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: SUPAHSAWNIK99 on October 12, 2014, 02:32:04 AM
I tried cloning Lucas with the MM over Ness, and my game crashed...

I believe you use everything for ness(fighterconfig, slotconfig, etc....) but the only Lucas thing you use is the lucas rel. i'm not sure so it'd probably be best if you downloaded nebulon's pack and took megaman from there or there might be a megaman brawlex  on the vault.....
Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

I'm probably late to the party, but is the BrawlEx Clone tool gonna be updated? For example where you can clone Toon Link? I was gonna clone TL for the Simon Belmont PSA I found a couple days ago but the clone tool didn't have a option for TL so could anyone help me out on this like give me some advice or something?

Quote from: Cyprus on October 12, 2014, 06:29:24 PM
I'm probably late to the party, but is the BrawlEx Clone tool gonna be updated? For example where you can clone Toon Link? I was gonna clone TL for the Simon Belmont PSA I found a couple days ago but the clone tool didn't have a option for TL so could anyone help me out on this like give me some advice or something?
not all chars have brawlex rels to clone yet so some chars cant be clonned yet.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So I guess I have to either make them or wait for the next update huh?

I need a Clone Tool, the link is dead and the other version doesn't work :(

Quote from: Cyprus on October 12, 2014, 07:45:16 PM
So I guess I have to either make them or wait for the next update huh?
There is a Toon Link Rel, It's currently only available in the unstable build, But it can be used with the older clone engine. But actually the Simon Belmont PSA I believe was actually made for Link and works over Toon Link due to them having the sam.e kind of articles. So, Try using a Link clone for Simon Belmont

this thread looks "dead" without phantomwings support -_-

Quote from: shadowXtreme on October 15, 2014, 02:42:24 PM
this thread looks "dead" without phantomwings support -_-

He'll be back. :) I gurantee you he just doesn't want to come back without having a few things finished. The last time he came back he had a V2 clone engine and a few modules and he actually wanted to complete another module before he posted but he came anyway.

He functions more like Santa Claus and less like..... Whatever provides presents monthly...
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on October 15, 2014, 03:10:30 PM
He functions more like Santa Claus and less like..... Whatever provides presents monthly...
That is a beautiful analogy. :vyse:

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on October 15, 2014, 03:21:40 PM
That is a beautiful analogy. :vyse:

I know. I should earn God Kitten for that.

Really though, it's not dead. Someone on the inside would've told us here.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Also, I love it when questions get completely ignored and then buried deep within the thread...

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on September 16, 2014, 05:24:20 PM
Alright guys... I'm having some issues that I have never encountered before... I have documented them in this picture montage along with other info, but first:

What is wrong:
1. The css icon looks like Random even thought I'm pretty sure I have done everything right.
2. The CSP shows up, but the name says Random.
3. Just some other things to clean it up:
    -How do I either get rid of the franchise icons for everyone, or how do I change from the pokeball to a dragonball?
    -The name on the results screen; How do I change it?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.