The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: jedycus on February 02, 2015, 01:05:33 AM
I came across during the video when Sammi Husky starts using the SD card for Dolphin then I totally got lost of what I am supposed to do for the wii, can someone tell me what to do starting from SD card? Can Homebrew work as of 2015 also?

Your asking this in the wrong thread. Use google there should be things to help you there.

Quote from: Persona-Aya on February 03, 2015, 01:36:14 AM
Any word from Sammi Husky about a possible update to the Brawl Clone Tool? I completely forgot what to do to put clones in, as it's been a long time since I've tried it, so I'm wondering whether I should relearn how to do it manually or wait for the clone tool

There are tutorials on the download page. Note you no longer need to add to the code for the roster.

Quote from: brawlboy22 on February 03, 2015, 03:27:01 AM
There are tutorials on the download page. Note you no longer need to add to the code for the roster.

Thanks. I know about the tutorials - that's how I learned the process in the first place, before I found the clone tool. Looks like I'll be revisiting them soon. Just quickly, what do you mean I don't have to add to the code for the roster? Does that mean I don't have to touch the GCT file again? Is that handled by the CSSRoster.dat file?
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: Persona-Aya on February 03, 2015, 09:45:39 PM
Thanks. I know about the tutorials - that's how I learned the process in the first place, before I found the clone tool. Looks like I'll be revisiting them soon. Just quickly, what do you mean I don't have to add to the code for the roster? Does that mean I don't have to touch the GCT file again? Is that handled by the CSSRoster.dat file?

Yep :) exactly what im saying. PM me if your still having problems.

I've asked this a little back, but has somebody tested Classic or All-Star modes without freezing at the end?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on February 04, 2015, 02:25:06 AM
I've asked this a little back, but has somebody tested Classic or All-Star modes without freezing at the end?

I suppose nobody's gonna try, so we'll never know. Just like nobody knows even to this day why playing as Alloys crashes the game in Multi-Man Brawl when it tries to load the 25th spawn.

Quote from: Tiberious on February 04, 2015, 09:11:58 AM
I suppose nobody's gonna try, so we'll never know. Just like nobody knows even to this day why playing as Alloys crashes the game in Multi-Man Brawl when it tries to load the 25th spawn.

I ran through All-Star and was fine. I can't do classic because I don't have stock icons.

Is there a way for all of the characters to load generic stock icons? I reached a file number limit within the CSS that prevented me from successfully making stocks  for all of my characters possible.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

February 07, 2015, 03:04:08 PM #7821 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:05:42 PM by People42
Hello everyone!
This mod for Brawl it's all that I need... but I'm having some problems.
I play vBrawl with BrawlEX on my PC with Dolphin, launching the mod with GeckoOS.
I added some characters, like Little Mac over Cap. Falcon and others, but their custom moveset are corrupted.
Example: I've Little Mac custom standard moves (A+up,A+down etc.) but Cap. Falcon special moves (B+up,B+down etc.) and Final Brawl. I copied all the needed files in the right folder and I'm sure of that. Is that an emulation problem?

Little Mac PSA: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206665
Sorry for my eventually bad english, I'm learning it

Quote from: People42 on February 07, 2015, 03:04:08 PM
Hello everyone!
This mod for Brawl it's all that I need... but I'm having some problems.
I play vBrawl with BrawlEX on my PC with Dolphin, launching the mod with GeckoOS.
I added some characters, like Little Mac over Cap. Falcon and others, but their custom moveset are corrupted.
Example: I've Little Mac custom standard moves (A+up,A+down etc.) but Cap. Falcon special moves (B+up,B+down etc.) and Final Brawl. I copied all the needed files in the right folder and I'm sure of that. Is that an emulation problem?

Little Mac PSA: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206665

Are you sure you have all of the needed files?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Excluding costumes from 00 to 05, I also have fitLittleMac.pac, motionetc and final.
The remaining files are from the Cap.,(fitdarkcaptain.pac, etc) but I renamed al the files to LittleMac
Sorry for my eventually bad english, I'm learning it

Quote from: People42 on February 08, 2015, 07:55:18 AM
Excluding costumes from 00 to 05, I also have fitLittleMac.pac, motionetc and final.
The remaining files are from the Cap.,(fitdarkcaptain.pac, etc) but I renamed al the files to LittleMac

The moveset you're using is in beta, and isn't 100% complete. Are you sure those moves have been finished and aren't work in progress? I think your best bet would be to try the moveset over falcon regularly and see how it plays.

This has probably been answered millions of times, but does this work with Project M 3.5? Specifically the hackless version?

Not with Project M  3.5 it uses a different clone engine

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on February 12, 2015, 09:50:46 PM
This may be a relatively new issue to some, but it has me stumped, so I'm gonna need all the actual help I can get. When I start a match as Kirby, the game hard freezes when I attempt to move him with the Control Stick.
-There is no pf directory for Kirby; I left him alone, he has no models, no PSA, nothing. None of his config files have been added to my BrawlEx folder either.
-No other character causes the game to freeze when I attempt to control them.
-I have no way of getting a log from Dolphin to see what causes the crash, considering Dolphin is pretty slow on my computer.
-I don't believe any codes are conflicting with Kirby's functioning.
What could be the issue? Not being able to use Kirby is a bummer and puts a damper on my Ex build.

Is his modified .rel file in your module folder?

If it isn't there, then that might be the issue.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on February 12, 2015, 11:52:30 PM
If I have to add all of the files within the BrawlEx 2.0 folder onto my SD card, naturally the .rel file would go with it. So yes, of course the .rel is on my card.

Check all of your files again.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Hmmm I have a question. I'm hacking my friend's Wii (He can't do it himself) and I'm giving him my EXACT BrawlEx files would there be a way for us to play online since we have all the same files?