The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ZeusLink on February 19, 2015, 02:15:06 PM
I was only trying to help. I don't know much about this CSS code stuff and conflicts, but I tried to answer with my own knowledge about BrawlEx.

Thank you. I appreciate any effort from anyone who tries to help me out. I just figured this would be the place to ask regarding possible conflicts - there's nothing worse then getting all the files done correctly and making your own textures and stuff, and then finding out that it won't work due to a conflict.

On my 14th extra stage, and everything's working fine thus far :kdance:
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Is possible to clone Zelda and Sheik? I really want to add Chun-Li and Juri in my pack, but the best movesets that I finded are over Zelda and Sheik.

Links:
Chun-Li: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31543
Juri: forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31982
Sorry for my eventually bad english, I'm learning it

Quote from: People42 on February 21, 2015, 12:44:26 PM
Is possible to clone Zelda and Sheik?
Yes, the .REL comes with v2 of the Clone Engine.
<- I Support MM8BDM!

Is there going to be a updated version of the clone tool by sammi?

will brawlex be able to clone more than fighters? like remove file size on battle portraits, adding sounds without replacing existing ones, or clone items? the last one I want to know because I have a fighter that shoots gooey bombs but the texture is replaced.

February 21, 2015, 07:00:33 PM #7850 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:05:04 PM by KingJigglypuff
Quote from: Sweetie-Bot on February 21, 2015, 06:22:03 PMwill brawlex be able to clone more than fighters?
At the moment, no. But I'm sure PhantomWings will come up with something great.

Quote from: Sweetie-Bot on February 21, 2015, 06:22:03 PMlike remove file size on battle portraits
I do recall PhantomWings working on that.

Quote from: Sweetie-Bot on February 21, 2015, 06:22:03 PMadding sounds without replacing existing ones
I've asked about that before. PhantomWings said that it would either be SFX or stages that he would consider working on.

Quote from: Sweetie-Bot on February 21, 2015, 06:22:03 PMor clone items
No one has looked into that yet.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Sweetie-Bot on February 21, 2015, 06:22:03 PM
will brawlex be able to clone more than fighters? like remove file size on battle portraits, adding sounds without replacing existing ones, or clone items? the last one I want to know because I have a fighter that shoots gooey bombs but the texture is replaced.

If you mean battle portraits as the portraits in the CSS, then Phantom has indeed been working on it. He also did release a beta on it. If you have the BrawlEx folder in your PF folder, and the code on (obviously), then you can make a new folder in the BrawlEx folder for portraits. If this isn't what you meant, I sorry.
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Sweetie-Bot on February 21, 2015, 06:22:03 PM
adding sounds without replacing existing ones...

I completely support this.
Hopefully Phantom Wings updates BrawlEx with this.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff more or less summed things up. The only thing I might add is that I think Sammi-Husky was doing a little bit of investigation into adding items into the game. I think he was waiting for me to get back to him on something before he could continue. I don't remember exactly what it was, so be sure to send me a reminder if you see this.

Anyways, I haven't had a chance to do very much for BrawlEx since the new year. These days, I usually don't have time to get anything done except during holidays - and even then, there's a chance that I won't be able to. Lately, it seems Brawl's hacking scene has reached a pretty good settling point. As much as I'd like to see some of the larger plans realized, it may be a while until you see anything new from me.

While that is a shame to hear, I can't help but also thank you for everything you've already done. Expanding the roster has been a dream of ours for ages and you allowed us to do that. Whatever happens, happens.

sorry pw. I did not mean to sound like a bother. I was merely curious if those features would be possible. you are amazing for simply giving us the clone engine period. so major thanks from me and the entire brawl community

Quote from: Persona-Aya on February 19, 2015, 02:23:32 AM
Sweet! Thanks a bunch!

So can I only have one track for each stage? Or can I put the code in more then once

Eg. Could I do this:
28708ceb 00000040
4A000000 90180F06
14000076 FF0027F0
E0000000 80008000

28708ceb 00000040
4A000000 90180F06
14000076 FF0027F1
E0000000 80008000

I feel like if I tried this it would only load one song, as I wouldn't be able to adjust the appearance rate in the 'My Music' menu, so it would only ever load the first song. I could be completely wrong though.

Contrary to what's been said, yes, it is possible to have an entire tracklist for your custom stage. There are some restrictions, but other than that, it works. You need to use the Tracklist Modifier Code for that. To explain, let's take the code and disect the important parts.


[This part just sets up a different reading location for the tracklist]
0610F9BC 00000014
60000000 60000000
3C80811A 7C601B78
608447E7 00000000
4A000000 81000000
301A46F8 6D755072
1417DF44 7CE03B78
1417DF4C 7C0400AE

[This line defines how many bytes are written for the tracklist]
161A47E8 000000LL

LL is the amount of bytes (the amount of lines multiplied by eight, minus the amount of 00 at the end that aren't used, in hexadecimal)

For example, if there are eight lines of data, then the amount of bytes written is 8 * 8 = 64 bytes, which is 40 in hexadecimal.

[This is the tracklist data that's being written]
00000102 03040607
08090A0B 0C0D0E0E
0E0E0E0F 10111213
14151515 16171819
1A1B1C1D 1E1F2D2D
2D202122 23242526
2728290A 2D2D2D2D
2D2D2D2D 2D2D2D2D
X1X2X3X4 X5X6X7X8
-------- --------

In this case, we're going to add one stage, and give it the tracklist of Temple. So, we'll delete the last two lines (the X1X2... and --- line) and replace it with:

20000000 00000000

This would make the tracklist be nine lines high, which means 8 * 9 = 72 bytes. However, since we padded it at the end with 00 and aren't going to use Battlefield for these non-existent stages, we can simply substract seven from the amount of bytes, making it 65 bytes, or 41, thus LL becomes 41.

[The end of the code]
E0000000 80008000

[Full code]
0610F9BC 00000014
60000000 60000000
3C80811A 7C601B78
608447E7 00000000
4A000000 81000000
301A46F8 6D755072
1417DF44 7CE03B78
1417DF4C 7C0400AE
161A47E8 00000041
00000102 03040607
08090A0B 0C0D0E0E
0E0E0E0F 10111213
14151515 16171819
1A1B1C1D 1E1F2D2D
2D202122 23242526
2728290A 2D2D2D2D
2D2D2D2D 2D2D2D2D
20000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000



Next, we'll need to set the song to be replaced per song. Let's say we took the tracklist of the example, Temple, which has two songs, Great Temple / Temple (2735) and Temple (Melee) (2816). What we now want to do is replace each song with a different one, let's say, 286C and 286D, which I assume are IDs that aren't used, and can be used with the Custom Sound Engine.

Anyway, let's pick the original code, and make some changes:


[This checks if it's on a certain stage]
28708ceb 00000040

[If that's the case, let's go to a certain location for the music]
4A000000 90180F06

What we're going to do now is make a conditional check for each song. If it's a certain song ID, replace it with another.

38000078 00002735
16000078 0000286C
E2000000 00000000


38000078 00002816
16000078 0000286D
E2000000 00000000

[Ends the code]
E0000000 80008000

[Full code]
4A000000 90180F06
38000078 00002735
16000078 0000286C
E2000000 00000000
38000078 00002816
16000078 0000286D
E2000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000


By the way, a more elegant code would be this:


[Full code]
4A000000 90180F06
38000078 00002735
16000078 0000286C
38000079 00002816
16000078 0000286D
E2000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000


Here we can see we skipped the E2000000 00000000. This part basically is an endif part, it ends a conditional branch. We then added one to the 78 of the following line. This basically is an elseif, meaning, it closes the previoius conditional branch and adds a new one.

So yeah, that's how you can make an entire tracklist with new songs. The only downside is that the tracklist will be tied to the original stage that holds said tracklist, meaning all My Music settings will apply on other stages using this tracklist.

Is there an updated clone tool or any way supporting the v2 models so I can clone Toon Link or no?

Quote from: Cyprus on February 23, 2015, 01:28:35 AM
Is there an updated clone tool or any way supporting the v2 models so I can clone Toon Link or no?

You don't need a tool to make your clones.

You can do it manually.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

You can? Huh never knew. So I can just follow a random clone tutorial or that won't work?