Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: complex css question... Although probably noobish :p  (Read 2358 times)
renegade109
Mega Kitten

^main char^ for a game project I nvr finished :P

View Profile Awards
« on: March 25, 2010, 09:09:41 PM »

Ok, so here's the deal: I've no experience with brawlbox nor the faintest clue about how custom css and csp work. All I need is a basic, step-by-step tutorial on how to do the following (if such a tutorial exists)...

1) obviously, I'm going to need to know how to make a custom css and use csp's

2) how to ADD my own psa character (let's use shadow for example) without getting rid of/replacing any other characters. EX: sonic should be able to play against shadow

3) is there a limit to the # of "extra" characters?

So if I want an icon for metal sonic, dark super sonic, and shadow ALL working independently with their own movesets and textures, then W-T-F AM I SUPPOSED TO F-ING DO!?!?!?!? I know it is possible bc I've seen vids of it. Sorry about the foul language but i'm on my itouch and havnt had access to a normal computer, so surfing the web is a PAAAIN!!!!!! I need something more... Condensed, I guess is the word I'm looking for.

Computers will ALWAYS do what you TELL them to do, but RARELY what you WANT them to do! - My personal saying

gamer, swimmer, computer guy, trumpeteer, game programmer

dingo
Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:35 PM »

Each character can only have 1 moveset. A clone engine is being developed to allow multiple movesets for a single character. For now swapping model, moveset and animation kinda works with some characters but the specials won't work with them. I can't help with the css and csp.

renegade109
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 01:09:46 PM »

Well, I know that it is definitely possible to make two separate icons for sonic and shadow bc I've seen it work flawlessly! They both had separate css and csp

Computers will ALWAYS do what you TELL them to do, but RARELY what you WANT them to do! - My personal saying

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »

I believe that's in common5_en.pac. All the portraits are there and you can change any picture for any character to whatever you want. As long as it's the same size and made the right way. There should be a tutorial in the Help section.

renegade109
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »

Ok, I know that but I want to know how to have a css portrait and css icon for both sonic AND shadow at the same time! So sonic can fight shadow and each have different movesets and textures.

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »

1) Search CSS organizer on the forums.

2) Still impossible. You can't add another character witthout replacing one.

3) For the CSS organizer, there are 50 (Or 51?) character boxes. Only 35 are used. Even if you duplicate Sonic, you still wouldn't be able to have two different movesets since they're still both inder the same name applying to the same character.

If you've seen a Sonic vs. Shadow video out there with them both using two different movesets, that's because they used the Alternate File Loader code, not because they've made Sonic independently have two movesets.

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

renegade109
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 05:04:15 PM »

Ok, here's where I saw the css (forget which vid, can't view on itouch): http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/my-latest-hacks/

if you still think it's bc of the alt file loader code then plz post it and explain how to use it :p

I hate to ask all this but it's just EXTREMELY annoying to navigate with the itouch... I prefer the classic mouse and keyboard lol

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 05:26:41 PM »

Ok, here's where I saw the css (forget which vid, can't view on itouch): http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/my-latest-hacks/

if you still think it's bc of the alt file loader code then plz post it and explain how to use it :p

I hate to ask all this but it's just EXTREMELY annoying to navigate with the itouch... I prefer the classic mouse and keyboard lol

It's possible to do what he did with the CSS, but to have two different movesets on a character is still impossible.

I don't know how to use the Alternate File Loader, so I can't help you with that.

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

renegade109
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 06:56:09 PM »

Ok ok, thanx anyways... for the record, many of the things that we can do with brawl today many people also said would be completely impossible. The truth is we will never know what is possible until someone finds out.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: