Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ~New Updates! The Generically Epic Competitive Build P:M 3.02! Help Wanted~  (Read 3011 times)
Generically Epic
Hyper Kitten

Playing Project M is my passion in life.

View Profile Awards
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:21:23 PM »

Short version: this is a build of p:m that is built towards tournament play. Need someone to make battle portraits. http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1vh1kc/the_generically_epic_competitive_build_for_302/ is more checked and updated.

Dropbox link: www.dropbox.com/s/10wxns9t5cqnwct/upload2-1-14.rar

Pictures of textures, courtesy of Convour: http://imgur.com/a/xH0Bw#0 Pictures of stages, thanks to Convour: http://imgur.com/a/htkZ9#0

Change list of stages: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B82VjxvoxnMHd1pPNkd5M1E3RVk/edit

Change list of music: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82VjxvoxnMHWmkycEJGUHpsbEk/edit?usp=sharing

Background: Hey, it's generically epic here. I am a competitive smash player. Anyways, I've played a few local smash tournaments and I've won them. I'm a Mario cosplayer (Box of Props Mario) due to my smash addiction. I actually was the first to suggest and get in Mario's fire ball catch taunt. :3 Anyways, so I have a build that myself and MuhEasyBeat (JosephJoestar on brawlvault) made. I was the manager. I was in charge of collecting textures, choosing stages, and making sure everything was viable. JJ was the brains. He was in charge of putting everything on the SD card. He made and put on custom music, edited the stages, including slightly editing stages to make them viable, putting in portraits, and generally did most of the technical work. Convour took pictures for us and organized them nicely. Cheesy Thank you, Convour! This build was made in mind for a competitive player. This build has some personalized music, textures, and stages unavailable on brawl vault. This build is in a beta, we currently are waiting on HopeForANewDay to release his other work to further finalize the build. Stage portraits should be done soon, but due to the transfer to 3.01, they were lost. Sometimes new textures will be added in further additions.

The goals of this competitive build were as follows:

Music:

Add in some awesome music
Add music that fits the stage (sometimes it's hacked)
Add in remixes (Space Jam mixed with star wolf on lylat cruise)
Take songs from the series and add them in
Take songs unavailable from brawlvault and put them in ourselves

Textures

Replace textures with cannon outfits, such as ice mario, assault falco, phazon suit samus.
Find better team textures (especially for pokemon)
Using the highest quality textures
Keep them tournament legal
Personally edit a few textures to make them better, knuckles sonic, pirate chu, etc.
Make them a similar color to the color they replace
Keep them the "Same" character
    Mega Pokemon allowed, clones allowed, them dressing as other characters from their series allowed, etc.

Stages

To generally leave the first page alone, except for aesthetics and music.
To replace all banned stages (except for training stage)
Trying to keep the banned stages as close to the original, while fixing them competitively
If the stage was unfixable, something competitive from the same series was added.
If nothing could be done, then it was replaced by something from the smash series, ig grab the trophy stage.
Stages with portraits and HopeForANewDay 's stages were prioritized.

Where do you come in? Well, as of now we need someone who can help us look professional and organized. This includes:

Take pictures of the textures and stages.  (done! Cheesy thanks to Convour)
Videos of it would work, especially with music.
Portraits: battle, stage, icon, etc. Anything that involves a picture, we need help. BP especially.
Making a good forum post that is worded nicely, looks neat, has pictures/video, and a change list
Help finalize the build, check for quality, including stages and competitive play.

If you need to send the previous build for 3.00, I can send it. It has stage portraits, a couple character portraits, stage name changed, most music names changed. However, not all the stages and characters are up to date. If you want to combine your build or contribute, feel free to.

I'd personally recommend having a backup of your build or a backup of the original P:M file ready in case there is something you don't like on the build so you can easily edit it.

MuhEasyBeat has compiled a change list of textures and stages below and Convour took pictures. _^
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:57:55 PM by Generically Epic » Logged

Generically Epic: A lucky moment that could happen to anyone.  For example: Making a hole in one, landing an Falcon Pawnch, finding 20 bucks, etc.

LC-DDM
Not your average sprite!
Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 07:22:47 AM »

What... the hell are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure P:M is already built with competitiveness in mind as it is.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Generically Epic
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 12:40:17 PM »

What... the hell are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure P:M is already built with competitiveness in mind as it is.
    What's confusing about it...? I got rid of banned stages, put in some better textures, and added cool music.

Generically Epic: A lucky moment that could happen to anyone.  For example: Making a hole in one, landing an Falcon Pawnch, finding 20 bucks, etc.

Generically Epic
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »

Here's the most updated stuff: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1vh1kc/the_generically_epic_competitive_build_for_302/

Generically Epic
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 07:00:06 PM »

updated the build with portraits!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: