Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Use Psa and sounds on another character  (Read 3840 times)
Mudkip97
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:09:26 PM »

Is it possible to use psa and sound clips on another character. For example instead of using Wolf i use it on ROB?

Shinobu Nyan!
Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:45:49 PM »

Sounds yes, PSA's no.
    Use Swandz to replace the sounds of the characters.
    PSA's are unique to each character as it calls articles, graphics, and sound effects from their files.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Mudkip97
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 06:10:38 AM »

Sounds yes, PSA's no.
    Use Swandz to replace the sounds of the characters.
    PSA's are unique to each character as it calls articles, graphics, and sound effects from their files.

So it's not possible to so like when you do it with stages when you add modules.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:28:05 AM »

So it's not possible to so like when you do it with stages when you add modules.
    It is. Grab a character (for example a Ike PSA), add a .rel which makes him go to Olimar (Idk how to do .rels, but search around the Vault, you'll find some...), place the .rel in the "pf/module" folder (it must be named ft_pikmin.rel), put ALL Ike's costumes you need in the pf/fighter/pikmin folder, the PSA files, and you're done!
    Easy.

EDIT : Not all the characters are portable via .rel files for now... But a lot of them are... Again, check the Vault and even the forums to get what you need...
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:29:07 AM by Saber(Akeno) » Logged

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Mudkip97
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 08:48:55 AM »

It is. Grab a character (for example a Ike PSA), add a .rel which makes him go to Olimar (Idk how to do .rels, but search around the Vault, you'll find some...), place the .rel in the "pf/module" folder (it must be named ft_pikmin.rel), put ALL Ike's costumes you need in the pf/fighter/pikmin folder, the PSA files, and you're done!
    Easy.

EDIT : Not all the characters are portable via .rel files for now... But a lot of them are... Again, check the Vault and even the forums to get what you need...

Thanks that helps a lot and as for the sounds will it be able to replace the exact number of wave sounds needed for that character? What i mean by that is for example ike has 50 while olimar has 62?

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »

Thanks that helps a lot and as for the sounds will it be able to replace the exact number of wave sounds needed for that character? What i mean by that is for example ike has 50 while olimar has 62?
    Actually, Ike's soundbank is supposed to play instead of Olimar's one... It happens that sometimes it doesn't (especially if you do Ike vs Ike .rel port over Olimar). Or you can use the codes to make sure that Olimar has Ike soundbank (I think that code is in the Cloud over Olimar PSA in the vault...)

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Mudkip97
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 08:56:46 AM »

Actually, Ike's soundbank is supposed to play instead of Olimar's one... It happens that sometimes it doesn't (especially if you do Ike vs Ike .rel port over Olimar). Or you can use the codes to make sure that Olimar has Ike soundbank (I think that code is in the Cloud over Olimar PSA in the vault...)

Let's say I wanna keep Ike's sounbank but when i use a Ike mod over Olimar I wanna use a modified Olimar soundbank is it possible?

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 09:05:22 AM »

Let's say I wanna keep Ike's sounbank but when i use a Ike mod over Olimar I wanna use a modified Olimar soundbank is it possible?
    You'll have to go through something tedious... If what you said is have the ported Ike with Olimar sounds and to modify Olimar's sounds with Ike's ones.
    You'll have to put EVERY sounds from Olimar into the Ike PSA... ALL of THEM Im srs here

Mudkip97
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 09:08:50 AM »

You'll have to go through something tedious... If what you said is have the ported Ike with Olimar sounds and to modify Olimar's sounds with Ike's ones.
    You'll have to put EVERY sounds from Olimar into the Ike PSA... ALL of THEM Im srs here

But would Ike keep his sounds? And doesn't every soundbank have the same amount of wave sounds?

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »

But would Ike keep his sounds? And doesn't every soundbank have the same amount of wave sounds?
    The original Ike, yes. For the soundbank, I don't know... You would have to use SuperSawnd to check this out.

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »

Easy.

That's how you put a character over another one. That's different then say, a bowser psa working with peach.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 05:16:35 AM »

That's how you put a character over another one. That's different then say, a bowser psa working with peach.
    That works the same way for a PSA... You just need the .rel corresponding of the character he originally is over...

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 08:17:25 AM »

*Thinks about that statement.
    That does seem logical, hmm I should check back on the rel stuff. My info is outdated. Tongue

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: