Shulk PSA - Continued progress on V1.5

Started by Erico9001, February 11, 2014, 11:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Maybe include both? Shulk himself has 3 different models in the download.

March 12, 2014, 02:12:23 PM #76 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:25:46 PM by SolarShulk4774
Quote from: Not Kratos on March 12, 2014, 10:37:18 AM
Maybe include both? Shulk himself has 3 different models in the download.
That would be great, but I don't think the creator liked my idea anyways. I would like to play with my idea but no matter how I tried I couldn't get the hang of PSA'ing, in the first place.

Hmmmm, if Erico is willing to do it I was thinking this:
- Erico's Idea (First Download of course)
- My Idea(if he is willing to accept it)
- My Idea Non-Heal version (if he is willing to accept it.)

And there would be the 3 versions in the download. Everyone seemed to like both ideas, so if he doesn't agree, it would be a bummer. :-\

Hey Erico, why not make a Poll and ask people if they want your version,my version, or both? That would be good. Just a suggestion, so don't go haywire on me. :P

Quote from: Erico9001 on March 12, 2014, 04:39:05 AM
Yeah I was being a little rude lol.

Would this be a good winning theme though? (at 3:32)
http://youtu.be/gQnY7L8ucCk?t=3m32s

I was also thinking about from the middle of 3:08 to the way beginning of 3:16 in the main theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNR-wsFAfiU

The first feels more victorious but then the main theme is just... awesome. Meh.
I could edit both of them with audacity so they sound natural so it's really just about which is a better fit.
That's some good stuff!

Quote from: SolarShulk4774 on March 12, 2014, 02:12:23 PM
That would be great, but I don't think the creator liked my idea anyways. I would like to play with my idea but no matter how I tried I couldn't get the hang of PSA'ing, in the first place.

Hmmmm, if Erico is willing to do it I was thinking this:
- Erico's Idea (First Download of course)
- My Idea(if he is willing to accept it)
- My Idea Non-Heal version (if he is willing to accept it.)

And there would be the 3 downloads for him. Everyone seemed to like both ideas, so if he doesn't agree, it would be a bummer. :-\

Hey Erico, why not make a Poll and ask people if they want your version,my version, or both? That would be good. Just a suggestion, so don't go haywire on me. :P
I was referring to the victory themes, not the moveset. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote from: Not Kratos on March 12, 2014, 02:25:26 PM
I was referring to the victory themes, not the moveset. Sorry for the confusion.
Oh....I look stupid now. :P

Quote from: Not Kratos on March 12, 2014, 10:37:18 AM
Maybe include both? Shulk himself has 3 different models in the download.
Yeah good point.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Right, so mac users may have been downloading the file, finding that the .pac folder was missing. It started with a period which apparently keeps the folder hidden on macs. I renamed it to "Moveset files."

Also the annoying graphics that were added with the update so that Shulk works on the Wii have been taken care of.

I realize this thread is becoming harder to look through for new people so I'm adding an 'updates' section on the first post.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Yay! Now I can actually use this! Just curious, when can we expect updates to the moveset?

March 17, 2014, 04:46:18 AM #82 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:00:19 AM by Erico9001
Hmm. Well, today I did a lot of work on the final smash. I feel like if I work on it tomorrow I could finish that. From there, I'll be doing a fix on Monado eater to prevent people from being hit by it multiple times. Shouldn't take too long I think. Then, Shulk needs to be decloned some more and balanced a little. Oh yeah and I need to fix up the timing of the hitbox for monado purge a little.

Other than the possible issue with voices being too quiet which solargamer mentioned (can someone confirm this?), I don't think there's anything else left.

So for a date.... maybe like the end of this week?

EDIT: Ah, right, I was also thinking of doing a kirby hat. I'll need to learn how to use 3ds max to get the monado's model in the kirby file. I guess that could possibly take some time.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

March 21, 2014, 01:51:04 AM #83 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:39:26 AM by Erico9001
Finished a new in air downwards attack!! ;D

JK, here's the real reason I'm so excited (though I'm not kidding about the attack air low if you're wondering)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Quote from: Erico9001 on March 21, 2014, 01:51:04 AM
Finished a new in air downwards attack!! ;D

JK, here's the real reason I'm so excited (though I'm not kidding about the attack air low if you're wondering)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It seems... rather anti climatic...

I don't know what you could do. Maybe a flashier animation or something, but something needs to be done about it.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Erico9001 on March 21, 2014, 01:51:04 AM
Finished a new in air downwards attack!! ;D

JK, here's the real reason I'm so excited (though I'm not kidding about the attack air low if you're wondering)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Think it would look better with Monado 2 :P

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 21, 2014, 02:46:00 AM
It seems... rather anti climatic...

I don't know what you could do. Maybe a flashier animation or something, but something needs to be done about it.

Right... my brother had told me the same thing. I was excited because the graphic of the beam actually looks a lot better now. TBH, I need and appreciate these outside opinions because from working on the move I lose the capability to make an initial impression of it.

Anyways, while I think it's probably a bit more intense when used in the game because of the sound effects and non-slowed movements (due to the video capture program I use), it still needs more.

I'm just going to list down my ideas

~ Speed up the start up of the move.
(Aside from making it look less like he's just standing there, speeding up the animation at the start would also help the beam to look more full since it's constructed from a sword glow graphic.)
~ Smoke graphics
~ Maybe some other sorts of graphics, like the quick, flashing light graphic that happens when you charge up an attack.
~ He could shake while charging up the move in order to make it appear is if he is putting a lot of power into it.
~ If needed, make the body flash a color (blue) on top of all of this.
~ Also improve the sound effects (there's not enough oomph to them)
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Constructed an announcer voice for Shulk and made Monado Buster look/sound better.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Quote from: Erico9001 on March 23, 2014, 09:37:59 PM
Constructed an announcer voice for Shulk and made Monado Buster look/sound better.
Looks like your putting alot of effort into this. May I ask if all this is included in the download as well?

March 26, 2014, 01:22:02 AM #89 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:23:40 AM by Erico9001
Quote from: SolarGamer4774 on March 24, 2014, 02:09:47 AM
Looks like your putting alot of effort into this. May I ask if all this is included in the download as well?
I can put the announcer voice in but it turns out I'm doing work on Monado Buster again. I found a nice graphic for the beam that I'm using instead of the extended sword glow - making it look very professional.

Post Merge: March 26, 2014, 01:23:40 AM

Oh, and I'm really busy with school again :-[. Scholarship stuff is due friday and I have a physics midterm extending from tomorrow to thursday.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'