Shulk PSA - Continued progress on V1.5

Started by Erico9001, February 11, 2014, 11:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Erico9001 on March 26, 2014, 01:22:02 AM
Oh, and I'm really busy with school again :-[. Scholarship stuff is due friday and I have a physics midterm extending from tomorrow to thursday.
I know that feeling very well, haha. Don't sweat it, we'll be here.  :kdance:
Something remixed this way comes...

Quote from: SilverBaretta on March 26, 2014, 01:53:47 AM
I know that feeling very well, haha. Don't sweat it, we'll be here.  :kdance:
Thanks. I''m just going to post a picture of what's done and then hit the book.

I still want to edit the texture with gimp a little more, translate the graphic up the sword so that it comes out just above the circle part, and put a sword glow behind it, but you get the idea.

And yeah so I'll put the announcer voice in the download tomorrow.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Quote from: Erico9001 on March 26, 2014, 02:00:20 AM
Thanks. I''m just going to post a picture of what's done and then hit the book.

I still want to edit the texture with gimp a little more, translate the graphic up the sword so that it comes out just above the circle part, and put a sword glow behind it, but you get the idea.

And yeah so I'll put the announcer voice in the download tomorrow.
HOLY [censored] THAT LOOKS FREAKIN AMAZING! :happy:

March 27, 2014, 12:00:59 AM #93 Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:03:24 AM by Erico9001
Quote from: SolarGamer4774 on March 26, 2014, 03:17:12 PM
HOLY [censored] THAT LOOKS FREAKIN AMAZING! :happy:
;D


Also, the sound effect has him saying "Monado... Buster!!" in coordination with the attack. So, as it's starting he says monado and as he does his swing he says buster.

And instead of putting the announcer sound effect in the zip file, I'm just going to make the wav a download. You can use sawndz or super sawndz to instert it in.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/275120798/Shulk%20announcer3.wav

It goes in the "characall" section which is located just above all of the numbers at the bottom. In ntsc version it's group id 223 and Ike's sound effect is Audio[21].
Group ID: 223, Collection ID: 799, WAV ID: 33.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Oh man, I really like how this is turning out :D

You already know my opinion :P


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Erico9001 on March 27, 2014, 12:00:59 AM
;D


Also, the sound effect has him saying "Monado... Buster!!" in coordination with the attack. So, as it's starting he says monado and as he does his swing he says buster.

And instead of putting the announcer sound effect in the zip file, I'm just going to make the wav a download. You can use sawndz or super sawndz to instert it in.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/275120798/Shulk%20announcer3.wav

It goes in the "characall" section which is located just above all of the numbers at the bottom. In ntsc version it's group id 223 and Ike's sound effect is Audio[21].
Group ID: 223, Collection ID: 799, WAV ID: 33.
Man I'm dying to use that Final Smash, can please include it in the download?  :kdance:

Just curious, do you think you could include just the .wavs for Shulk's attacks and stuff eventually? I want to use him with BrawlEx and give him his own soundbank.

Quote from: SolarGamer4774 on March 27, 2014, 02:48:50 AM
Man I'm dying to use that Final Smash, can please include it in the download?  :kdance:
I know it's killing you – it would kill me too if I was in your position – but please hold on a little longer; v1 is coming out soon!
All that needs work is monado eater. :vyse:
Oh and there's a couple of hitboxes but those are quick fixes

Quote from: Not Kratos on March 27, 2014, 09:39:45 PM
Just curious, do you think you could include just the .wavs for Shulk's attacks and stuff eventually? I want to use him with BrawlEx and give him his own soundbank.
Yes.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'


If you need any help with closing out Shulk and decloning, shoot me a PM.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Liking the progress. When everything else is done send it to me for balancing and I'll get everything perfecto.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

March 29, 2014, 03:03:53 AM #102 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:27:44 AM by Erico9001
I didn't like how the character portraits didn't line up and had some transparency issues so I redid them. Turned out pretty nicely. I was trying to upload a gif but I kept getting difficulties  :notimp:
^Putting this in the download along with the shulk announcer voice.

Also made some of his animations flow into the new stance he has

EDIT: Also turned these into InfFace.brres files (the faces at the bottom of the screen in the game)
Hosernaut is working on Shulk stock icons

Post Merge: March 31, 2014, 02:17:52 AM

Monado Eater has a longer reach now/looks better/has less lag now.

And the monado III is now semi-transparent
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

April 03, 2014, 10:45:04 PM #103 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:28:06 AM by Erico9001
Right, so it turns out I had a lot of work to do still. Fixed several glitches involving monado purge and monado eater. In order to fix one with monado eater I made it an attack that does not have a hold (works better this way anyways). Also, I altered current and created new animations to make his movements more fluid.

I just finished some new falling and jump animations and am working on new walk/run animations.

Post Merge: April 04, 2014, 05:23:18 AM

Great, now that's all done. His own fall and running animations makes him unique. He walks with his two hands on the sword still and as he progresses into a run he gets that form he uses in-game (cutscenes) where the Monado is at his side and to back as he is running. I've been thinking about changing the winning animation that has Ike's aether attack to something else. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do for this?

The other thing I might be changing is the dash attack, but I already have an idea for this.

Tomorrow's a day off for me so he very well may be finished tomorrow (but you know, things come up).
(note to self, still need to do air dodge)
Before I release him I'll want to have someone try him out on their wii first so that I'll know if I screwed things up with the external graphics again.

edit: Oh yeah, and kienamaru I still need you to check out balancing. I don't think anything is terribly op at the moment but the balancing is not fine tuned.
¸´............Êrîçô>9000............`¸
'‹,¸¸,«^*^›,,¸¸,,‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Quote from: Erico9001 on April 03, 2014, 10:45:04 PM
Right, so it turns out I had a lot of work to do still. Fixed several glitches involving monado purge and monado eater. In order to fix one with monado eater I made it an attack that does not have a hold (works better this way anyways). Also, I altered current and created new animations to make his movements more fluid.

I just finished some new falling and jump animations and am working on new walk/run animations.

Post Merge: April 04, 2014, 05:23:18 AM

Great, now that's all done. His own fall and running animations makes him unique. He walks with his two hands on the sword still and as he progresses into a run he gets that form he uses in-game (cutscenes) where the Monado is at his side and to back as he is running. I've been thinking about changing the winning animation that has Ike's aether attack to something else. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do for this?

The other thing I might be changing is the dash attack, but I already have an idea for this.

Tomorrow's a day off for me so he very well may be finished tomorrow (but you know, things come up).
(note to self, still need to do air dodge)
Before I release him I'll want to have someone try him out on their wii first so that I'll know if I screwed things up with the external graphics again.

edit: Oh yeah, and kienamaru I still need you to check out balancing. I don't think anything is terribly op at the moment but the balancing is not fine tuned.
I can try him out if you would like.