Alright then, time to shake off the rust

Started by JBG, March 30, 2010, 08:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

If I'm ever to return to hacking, and it would be vertex, what hacks should I do?

Veran V2
6 (10.3%)
Fi
9 (15.5%)
Majora V3
11 (19%)
Fierce Deity V2
5 (8.6%)
OoS/A Link
8 (13.8%)
Skyward Sword Link
12 (20.7%)
Demise
7 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Quote from: Puraidou Kuran on August 24, 2011, 07:04:24 AM
Why does everyone in the US have that kind of limit.. We don't have a limit on our internet, never have actually.

America, fruit yeah!

Uh, I mean... sorry to hear that.

So y'know what, I'm thinking about trying stage making. Does anyone have any simple suggestiions for me to try?

My advice, make a 2D stage just to get used to making collisions, then do an import from an MDL0-using game. Then, try to start using Stage Builder Blocks (I've got a tutorial for that) and then start animating the stages.

Or you could start with a Builder Block stage right away, but those take a lot more time and patience.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

You want to try out stages? Let me say they're fun as hell to make, but also can be very stressful. Sometimes you run into unexpected problems, but can always be fixed with enough knowledge.

It's good that we have Mewtwo, with his ultimate knowledge on Stages.

Check out ForOhFor's video tutorial, that helped me out a lot.

I personally think the best option would be to make a stage in collaboration with someone that has an MSN or AIM account that they use frequently. That way it would be more like a hands on tutorial/Walkthrough. That's the best learning experience in my opinion.

Quote from: Majora on August 27, 2011, 04:13:31 AM
I personally think the best option would be to make a stage in collaboration with someone that has an MSN or AIM account that they use frequently. That way it would be more like a hands on tutorial/Walkthrough. That's the best learning experience in my opinion.

Make a stage to go with me recent remix?

It will blow your mind.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Majora on August 27, 2011, 04:13:31 AM
I personally think the best option would be to make a stage in collaboration with someone that has an MSN or AIM account that they use frequently. That way it would be more like a hands on tutorial/Walkthrough. That's the best learning experience in my opinion.

Let's do a collab on a Zelda stage then. You can vertex, that's something I never learned.

Spirit Temple?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 27, 2011, 06:29:42 AM
Let's do a collab on a Zelda stage then. You can vertex, that's something I never learned.

Spirit Temple?
A collab between IS, and Black Boo? Wow... This will likely be the best Zelda stage ever. XD

Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 27, 2011, 06:29:42 AMLet's do a collab on a Zelda stage then. You can vertex, that's something I never learned. Spirit Temple?

Hmm...what section are we looking at? Perhaps the section with the statue of the giant snake-woman? I may be able to vertex Zelda into something for that purpose. What about...hmm...Zora's Domain? Or is that too complex?

The Spirit Temple would be AMAZING. I'd say go for that, since it isn't too complex of a spot to make.

Zora's Domain might be difficult since there's so many diferent places in the main room, and it might be tough to recreate....

But who knows. It's your choice. =P

Here's a suggestion for a Zelda Stage, Lon Lon Ranch. ;)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Too open, too plain, and there's actually a lot of crap there that would make it moderately difficult to recreate.

IS, let's go for the Spirit temple I ssay. Perhaps we ought to make a poll.

Minish Woods I say.
Ocarina Of time is nice and all, but I think it's about damn time that we give some other Zelda games some love stage-hack-wise.

Actually Minsih Woods might be an individual project, since I have a good idea for it.