Give BrawlEx Characters SFX Tutorial

Started by shock44, February 22, 2014, 11:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

just wondering, could this also work for example..
if I edit the FitMario.pac so he wont use half of his sounds and leave the other half of his sounds for an ex Mario character? (of course editing the fit file so it will just use the other half)

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 26, 2014, 01:27:05 AM
good news guys,
ive worked on a version of my alternate sound loader
and now you dont have to use button combinations, the folders get swapped whenever u choose a character with a ceritain ID
ill post more info once its ready for releasse

How is it so far?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.


Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 07, 2014, 09:11:18 AM
sorry
havent been to active on it
i have it all layed out on my head though

Ok :(

Well, I'll still wait for it. :)
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Kyouma on March 07, 2014, 12:23:45 AM
just wondering, could this also work for example..
if I edit the FitMario.pac so he wont use half of his sounds and leave the other half of his sounds for an ex Mario character? (of course editing the fit file so it will just use the other half)
I think that could work out, to have two characters share the same sound bank, but use different sounds for each other.

March 12, 2014, 08:48:52 PM #35 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:49:58 PM by ShinF
I think I know the answer to this, but I want to be sure before I try it. I know that generally, we replace sounds with sounds that are shorter or at most equal to the original. But, is that strictly necessary if we replace other clips with empty sounds to keep the file size low? I ask because there are some enemies (like Primids and the ROB enemies in SSE) that have a large number of SFX, but they're all really short. Too short for voice clips. But if we replaced a lot of them with empty clips, we could increase the length of the ones we use, right?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: shock44 on March 08, 2014, 06:52:32 AM
I think that could work out, to have two characters share the same sound bank, but use different sounds for each other.
It worked!
Momiji vs Link


the filesize actually decreased, since I nulled the death sounds (I didnt know how to replace those :/)
and yes, this requires psa editing, but it doesnt take you even 20 minutes

Quote from: Kyouma on March 13, 2014, 04:17:44 AM
the filesize actually decreased, since I nulled the death sounds (I didnt know how to replace those :/)
and yes, this requires psa editing, but it doesnt take you even 20 minutes
Great work! So they both are using Link's soundbank then? Did you use just the one where the voices are or did you change any of the sound effect sounds?

I edited 3 things:
-link's soundbank
-fitlink.pac
-fitmomiji.pac

Now Im trying to find out how to set an announcer call for an EX chara so i can finish Momiji and release her

I've been trying this with putting waluigi sounds over ridley, but each time I try to insert the sound in super sawndz it just says that the .wav is too small.

Quote from: Mariohuge9001 on March 23, 2014, 04:43:34 PM
I've been trying this with putting waluigi sounds over ridley, but each time I try to insert the sound in super sawndz it just says that the .wav is too small.

Try doing it using BrawlBox.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 07, 2014, 09:11:18 AM
sorry
havent been to active on it
i have it all layed out on my head though
If this actually works man, I would be so happy. It's so annoying when you have 5 clones of the same person and a sawnd file...they all start sounding like that one person the sound is over...

May 20, 2014, 08:28:29 AM #44 Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:37:54 AM by Boasting Toast
Hey, I just spent a few hours doing this for Shadow over Ridley, and when I test it in game, there's no voices, and most of the attack sounds are missing. Any ideas on why this is happening?

EDIT: Wait, I just made a completely stupid mistake, so that's not an issue anymore, now the problem is that the sound effects are just clicking sounds now o.o

I'll try to replace them with a different program. I've had issues with replacing sounds with Brawl Box in the past.