Pokemon names

Started by chaoswolf, February 24, 2014, 04:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What is with the Pokémons' names in the files?  I am talking about Squirtle, Ivysawr, and Charizard.

Squirtle is Fushigisou, Ivysaur is Venigame, and Charizard is Lizardon. A quick google search or trip to Serebii could have revealed the same.
3DS FC: 3265-5237-3766

Personas:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I meant why are they called that in the file names.

Quote from: Aisuru Senka on February 24, 2014, 04:42:21 PMSquirtle is Fushigisou, Ivysaur is Venigame, and Charizard is Lizardon. A quick google search or trip to Serebii could have revealed the same.
You also forgot Purin for Jigglypuff

Quote from: chaoswolf on February 24, 2014, 05:36:18 PM
I meant why are they called that in the file names.
. . .
Those are the Japanese names of the Pokemon. .-. Pokemon is a creation of Japanese developers. Smash Bros. is a creation of Japanese developers. Put two and two together, and it makes sense for the file names to be Japanese.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Aisuru Senka on February 24, 2014, 04:42:21 PM
Squirtle is Fushigisou, Ivysaur is Venigame, and Charizard is Lizardon. A quick google search or trip to Serebii could have revealed the same.

An even quicker Google search would have shown that Squirtle is Zenigame, and Ivysaur is Fushigisou, not the other way around. You're one for three though.

Quote from: KingEvilpuff on February 24, 2014, 05:57:43 PM
You also forgot Purin for Jigglypuff
. . .
Those are the Japanese names of the Pokemon. .-. Pokemon is a creation of Japanese developers. Smash Bros. is a creation of Japanese developers. Put two and two together, and it makes sense for the file names to be Japanese.
I knew that Purin was the Japanese name for Jigglypuff, but I didn't know about the others.