Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to turn a flat picture downloaded off of goggle images into a 3d model  (Read 3713 times)
DustinS88
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:09:19 PM »

I been looking around for weeks trying to figure out how to turn a simple image into 3d.  I can't find side or back pictures.  I have downloaded quite a few different programs and I looked all over youtube.  I'm trying to turn Schnuffel into a 3d to put on my game.  If someone can tell me how if it's possible without side and back pictures or if someone can make one and let me know that would be great thanks in advanced.

Erico9001
Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• Awards Fiery Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:11:11 AM »

With 2d photos you can only give the illusion that it is 3d... you can never do anything actually 3d unless the third dimension is actually there. Perhaps look for images that appear 3d? It's harder to notice if an image is 2d if it is farther away, so 2d images are often used in the backgrounds of stages. For example, Onett has some 2d houses in its background and Jungle Japes has a totally 2d background I think. The Xenoblade Chronicles stage has a sky that appears to be 3d but is really just a curved 2d image. You may want to preview some of these stages in brawlbox to help you. Otherwise, I can't help you since creating new 3d models is beyond my skill level.

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸
    '‹,¸¸,«^*^›„¸¸„‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:17:54 PM »

I have a friend who showed me a program to make some parts of the images in 3d... However, it's quite limited... I'll ask if he still have it...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

DustinS88
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 02:38:25 PM »

ok that sounds good

Post Merge: February 20, 2014, 06:31:07 PM
    Does anyone know a good youtube channel to follow along too everyone i seen wasn't talkin about what i wanted them too.  or if someone can let me know how to make pcs and pac files from scratch
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:31:07 PM by DustinS88 » Logged

Kaaoeyi
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »

I have a friend who showed me a program to make some parts of the images in 3d... However, it's quite limited... I'll ask if he still have it...
    do you mean 123d catch? I think since brawlbox 71 has tristripper, the high poly thing is no longer a problem (probably).

DustinS88
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »

When I try to download 123d i always get a message that says the installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: c:\users\dustin\appdata\roaming\microsoft\installer\{574d2803-2a36-45d4-9a9b-dda3e6bad213} the installation cannot continue. log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.  I am logged in as the administrator and when i open that file location nothing is there

Kaaoeyi
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 03:30:37 AM »

That's strange. Apparently there's a web app for 123d catch on the website, you can try using that if the installer is still giving you problems.

DustinS88
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »

I figured it out i had to create another admin on my computer and install it there and took the shortcut onto my normal profile

Post Merge: February 25, 2014, 12:19:15 PM
    i do want to know how to open a simple image off the internet to use for 123d catch the only imports that i can use is .3dp and .rzi and it wont and it wont let me go to create new capture and i tried importing images and it just crashes.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:19:15 PM by DustinS88 » Logged

Kaaoeyi
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »

I not exactly sure how 123d catch works, but I think you take several pictures of the model and it can replicate it into a 3d model. About the problems and crashing, is it any different from the web app?

DustinS88
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 05:32:46 PM »

i didn't try the web app my internet is too slow i did get it on my computer though but i downloaded it on my ipad and have a couple features for it im just having problems gettin it on my computer which im in the process of downloading icloud on my computer which i never used that before

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: