Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Common5.pac problem  (Read 896 times)
the98pika
Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 26, 2014, 07:59:18 PM »

I'm trying to replace the CSPs,SSPs,etc but no matter what, they always freeze.
    They are the correct format and correct size and I'm replacing them correctly where they go and it still freezes.
    I tried Common5.pac from the resources, and tried saving the files in the latest version of brawlbox and then the 68b version (on different files). Is brawlbox corrupting the files or something?
    I also use Riivolution and no codes are on it. And I also tried removing the useless motionetc.pac's that are in the common5.pac file. Any help would be really great thank you!

-

Erico9001
    Expert Kitten

Hmm... What do I say...

• Awards Fiery Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »

When you try to go into character select do you get a quiet-ish buzz noise? If so, the file is too large.

I had this issue too. To check out what was going on, I saved the same common5.pac file several times under different names and found that they had different file sizes. What I gather from this is that brawlbox's compression of the sc_selcharacter_en is not perfect.

What I did to resolve the issue is I took two random character portraits (I chose the squirtle highlighted versions of pokemon trainer but this does not matter) and right clicked them and hit re-encode. I changed the file pictures' formats from cl8 to cmpr which cut their sizes from 21088B to 10304B while still looking decent enough for me to not notice a difference. I had tried changing just one but that did not cut enough of the file size for me.

Hope this helps!
    « Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:49:22 PM by Erico9001 » Logged

¸´…………Êrîçô>9000…………`¸
    '‹,¸¸,«^*^›„¸¸„‹^*^»,¸¸,‹'

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: