Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M help!  (Read 1707 times)
G00DD4YS1R
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »

Hello everyone!

I don't know if I am posting in the right forum (I am trying to get some help with custom skins I got on Project M) but I have downloaded and put in new skins for some of the characters but whenver I try to load some (not all of them just a few) (ie one of the link skins) it will go to stage select, but after I choose a stage, the game will freeze? Anyone know how to fix this? Also if I am in the wrong forum if someone could redirect me that would be great!

Thanks!!

Spex130
Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:51:25 PM »

In PM, the moveset files and animations make take up a lot of the character's actual data partition loaded while the character is actually fighting. Data is shared between the current costume, the PSA, and the MotionEtc. If these altogether are larger than the character's filesize limit, the game freezes when you select a stage.

Odds are, it's probably this. A lot of models are unoptimized though, so if that's happening you MIGHT be able to tristrip it and get it to work using Brawlbox .71.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »

In PM, the moveset files and animations make take up a lot of the character's actual data partition loaded while the character is actually fighting. Data is shared between the current costume, the PSA, and the MotionEtc. If these altogether are larger than the character's filesize limit, the game freezes when you select a stage.

Moveset/Costume size and PSA size are seperate.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:38:27 PM »

Wait, what's the difference between PSA and Moveset?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:42:23 PM »

Oh, meant motion, not moveset.
    Welp.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 10:57:12 PM »

Oh, I see. Maybe they found more info while I wasn't looking.

In any case, just think of it as that Project M has a harder limit on how big costumes can be. But as always, if it's smaller than the original files, then it should be fine.

And if it isn't, I have no idea what I'm talking about and you can just ignore me, lol.

G00DD4YS1R
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:30 PM »

So is there a certain file size limit to costumes that I show be aware about? Thank you for the fast replies too btw Smiley

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 12:39:56 AM »

Well, kinda. Like I said, rule of thumb, try not to get stuff bigger than the original costumes. We kinda know that if it's too big it'll freeze, but so far as I know no one really knows the hard limits. There was once a collab to try and figure them out, but I don't think they knew then what we know now.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 12:46:52 AM »

Well, kinda. Like I said, rule of thumb, try not to get stuff bigger than the original costumes. We kinda know that if it's too big it'll freeze, but so far as I know no one really knows the hard limits. There was once a collab to try and figure them out, but I don't think they knew then what we know now.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66478.msg1233889#msg1233889

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: