BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: D 3 /\/\ 0 |\| on June 27, 2014, 10:44:51 PM
as what i said in the past to u when BJ was doing it... to have those show up, u have to code in shaders and the such into the model viewer, and thats gonna take a looong time to code and get it working properly.
I do remember you saying that.

I'mtesting this today, I'll see if I can break it.

I got .73 to crash, after a very long, and tedious process of replacing shaders, materials, and changing visibility bones... When I went to save, it crashed. Time to do it all over again... Yay...

Would you happen to know what the crash said?

"BrawlBox encountered an error that cause it to crash. Gathering more information on the problem. This may take a few minutes to complete..."

And then I got the "Unhandled exception has occured in you application..." error before the app closed itself.

June 28, 2014, 03:08:17 PM #185 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:47:24 PM by libertyernie
Did it say what the unhandled exception was / where it occured?

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I think I'll release 0.73a tonight. Right now I'm re-working some things with the stage module converter (the thing you use on stage .rels), but I'll save that for later.

I don't know. It closed before I could read it. And it occured when I went to save using the file-save.

June 28, 2014, 11:11:13 PM #187 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:12:09 PM by libertyernie
I posted v0.73a.
Let me know if there are any new bugs I introduced - if I find something easy enough to fix in the next couple days I might do a bugfix release.

i think it should be called 73b cause 73 is like 73a.. cause it was the initial release ._.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: D 3 /\/\ 0 |\| on June 28, 2014, 11:44:46 PM
i think it should be called 73b cause 73 is like 73a.. cause it was the initial release ._.
maybe it was initially 73x... who knows, not like there are any unforgivable rules about naming versions... hell, people tend to go 1.1,1.2,1.2.1,1.2.5,1.3,2 LOL

Collision problems since 0.71:
There are some problems merging two collision strands sometimes, I merged them a couple of times, but if you move them, they get separated. If you want me to pm them to you so you can check yourself what I said, do tell.


I didn't realize BrawlBox went 0.xx -> 0.xxb. Maybe I should have checked :P
Oh well, I'll get to 0.73b next time.

Quote from: Scout on June 29, 2014, 04:45:24 PM
Collision problems since 0.71:
There are some problems merging two collision strands sometimes, I merged them a couple of times, but if you move them, they get separated. If you want me to pm them to you so you can check yourself what I said, do tell.
I didn't even realize you could merge collision strands. How do you do it?

June 29, 2014, 04:56:04 PM #192 Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:58:14 PM by Scout
Quote from: libertyernie on June 29, 2014, 04:47:55 PM
I didn't even realize you could merge collision strands. How do you do it?

Click and drag to make a cube between two strands in which their ends are very, very close to each other, then select "merge" to merge them both.

Also you can "split" two strands, just select one strand's end if its merged with another and select "split", it separates it from the other. Its useful to make platforms if you find some unnecessary collisions that you would not like to delete, or to simple delete extra collisions you don't need.

Selecting more than two strands and clicking "merge" will make a single strand instead.


@libertyernie There is a bug where you try to edit an mdl0 model with no objects like nodeIndex.mdl0 or static.mdl0 & then when you try to export it you get an error saying that "Object reference is not set to an instance of an object". Can you fix that bug please?