BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sweet. This is something i personally have been wanting for a while now, so here it is. Now, the collisions will be rendered and color coded depending on their type. This will help ease how much you have to guess or keep track of when designing levels, leaving more to the creative spirit rather then "was that a wall or a ceiling? dang better check *click*"

Original: Floors
Green: Walls
Red: Ceilings
white: No type


Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 23, 2014, 10:55:14 PM
Sweet. This is something i personally have been wanting for a while now, so here it is. Now, the collisions will be rendered and color coded depending on their type. This will help ease how much you have to guess or keep track of when designing levels, leaving more to the creative spirit rather then "was that a wall or a ceiling? dang better check *click*"

Original: Floors
Green: Walls
Red: Ceilings
white: No type


Slick! :)

Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 23, 2014, 10:55:14 PM
Sweet. This is something i personally have been wanting for a while now, so here it is. Now, the collisions will be rendered and color coded depending on their type. This will help ease how much you have to guess or keep track of when designing levels, leaving more to the creative spirit rather then "was that a wall or a ceiling? dang better check *click*"

Original: Floors
Green: Walls
Red: Ceilings
white: No type
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hell yeah! Nice one Sammi. With all of these nice features, I might have to start making some stages I have been thinking of.


Here's a good question. You know those item spawn bones, right? I know each spawn "line" consists of two bones. Was wondering if you'd be able to make lines for the item spawn points. It'll help a lot of people.

July 28, 2014, 01:16:05 AM #244 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:47:45 AM by Sammi Husky
Quote from: sluigi123 on July 26, 2014, 07:29:50 PM
Here's a good question. You know those item spawn bones, right? I know each spawn "line" consists of two bones. Was wondering if you'd be able to make lines for the item spawn points. It'll help a lot of people.

I have just finished that actually. Still a bit ugly though. In any case, i've changed the UI so that the boundaries button is replaced by a dropdown, where you can individually toggle each overlay. (Boundaries, spawn/respawn, and item fields). Other then that, i've also added a little combo box to select your tool type. (Rotation, Translation, Scale). This makes things a bit more fluid, and also allows you to switch your tool while still selecting a bone. The only other things to mention are that the ledgegrabs have their respective collision link Highlighted purple (however you can't see it in this picture), and that dropthrough platforms are rendered yellow.

The UI as of right now, looks like this. The colors of overlays and other things may still be tweaked and such in the future. (especially the item fields, which are currently pretty yuck)


Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 28, 2014, 01:16:05 AM
I have just finished that actually. Still a bit ugly though. In any case, i've changed the UI so that the boundaries button is replaced by a dropdown, where you can individually toggle each overlay. (Boundaries, spawn/respawn, and item fields). Other then that, i've also added a little combo box to select your tool type. (Rotation, Translation, Scale). This makes things a bit more fluid, and also allows you to switch your tool while still selecting a bone. The only other things to mention are that the ledgegrabs have their respective collision link Highlighted purple (however you can't see it in this picture), and that dropthrough platforms are rendered yellow.

The UI as of right now, looks like this. The colors of overlays and other things may still be tweaked and such in the future. (especially the item fields, which are currently pretty yuck)



Already working on it, even before I even asked... LOL
I'm seeing so much progress, that I think the next update should be 0.74, IMO.


Quote from: sluigi123 on July 28, 2014, 04:07:38 AM
Already working on it, even before I even asked... LOL
I'm seeing so much progress, that I think the next update should be 0.74, IMO.


naaah im fine with 73b.. there's like nothing new really.. if it was the shader viewer, then yes, i'd understand if it was 74
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

shader viewer should be version 69 again, just cause of sexiness

Maybe I'll let Sammi choose the version number this time, since last time I put an "a" instead of a "b" ;)

I throw this together quickly.

https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/pull/5

Install Mono MDK, then change directory to brawltools directory, then put "xbuild ./BrawlTools\ 2.sln" to compile. It will actually compile properly!

Quote from: uyjulian on July 28, 2014, 03:38:58 PM
I throw this together quickly.

https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/pull/5

Install Mono MDK, then change directory to brawltools directory, then put "xbuild ./BrawlTools\ 2.sln" to compile. It will actually compile properly!

Good stuff! Mono + Mac support right? awesome. i'll go ahead an merge this.

Quote from: libertyernie on July 28, 2014, 02:29:11 PM
Maybe I'll let Sammi choose the version number this time, since last time I put an "a" instead of a "b" ;)

We could just use a "b" this time i think :) Unless i get shaders working, but that's quite a bit of work lol

July 28, 2014, 06:54:47 PM #251 Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:45:41 AM by uyjulian
Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 28, 2014, 06:50:48 PM
Good stuff! Mono + Mac support right? awesome. i'll go ahead an merge this.

We could just use a "b" this time i think :) Unless i get shaders working, but that's quite a bit of work lol
Actually, Mac support isn't working properly, keep on getting NREs. (Linux still works)
However I can compile with Mono compiler now.

Post Merge: July 30, 2014, 05:29:40 AM

https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/pull/7
WOO, it finally works!!!
No MASSIVE wine required anymore, just install mono then type "mono ./BrawlBox.exe" and there you have it!
Also, Mac works now!
Now time to work on the audio...

Alrighty, with that done there is one less thing to do. So, I've still been working on various features and improvements, however for the most part i think i'm out of changes to put in this version. I'm saving really major changes for the next one, that is if i can pull them off.

Are there any other changes being worked on at the moment?

Quote from: Sammi Husky on August 03, 2014, 03:48:36 AM
Alrighty, with that done there is one less thing to do. So, I've still been working on various features and improvements, however for the most part i think i'm out of changes to put in this version. I'm saving really major changes for the next one, that is if i can pull them off.

Are there any other changes being worked on at the moment?
I am working on OpenAL support (through OpenTK) so that you can play audio files without using Wine (just use Mono). However, I have put that on hitaus, because I am really confused about https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/blob/master/BrawlLib/System/Audio/AudioBuffer.cs#L92 , https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/blob/master/BrawlLib/System/Audio/AudioBuffer.cs#L93 , https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/blob/master/BrawlLib/System/Audio/wAudioBuffer.cs#L62 , and https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/blob/master/BrawlLib/System/Audio/wAudioBuffer.cs#L91 . There's very few documentation about Lock and Unlock, and isn't DirectSound8 very outdated anyway?

Quote from: Sammi Husky on July 28, 2014, 01:16:05 AM
I have just finished that actually. Still a bit ugly though. In any case, i've changed the UI so that the boundaries button is replaced by a dropdown, where you can individually toggle each overlay. (Boundaries, spawn/respawn, and item fields). Other then that, i've also added a little combo box to select your tool type. (Rotation, Translation, Scale). This makes things a bit more fluid, and also allows you to switch your tool while still selecting a bone. The only other things to mention are that the ledgegrabs have their respective collision link Highlighted purple (however you can't see it in this picture), and that dropthrough platforms are rendered yellow.

The UI as of right now, looks like this. The colors of overlays and other things may still be tweaked and such in the future. (especially the item fields, which are currently pretty yuck)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


http://youtu.be/J8xoJg0N598