BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

When I click the update thing it downloads and update and makes the directory "currentfolder"/v0.74 which then contains all the files I already had in the "currentfolder" + the update it download, which I can install again if I want and if I hit the update thing again it repeats this infinitely.

When using the newest version all of my LZ77/ExtendedLZ77 compressed archives are displayed as uncompressed even though they actually are compressed.

Thanks for all the bug reports guys. We will have bugs being fixed and released soon. I highly suggest people register the issues here as well https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/issues

This is the official bug tracker, and will also be used for suggestions and enhancements. When submitting a bug report, please give as much information as you can. If possible, also include a download link to any trouble files your dealing with. That is optional though.

Yup, bugs acknowledged. Ideally we'll have all of these fixed for v0.74b.

Quote from: Ridley on December 28, 2014, 03:22:07 PM
I can't open new version at all. It just closes itself before it even shows up. How to fix that?

Do you have .NET 4.5.1? We had to upgrade it for the updater to work.
You could also try running it in compatibility mode or by launching it a different way (like instead of clicking the exe, instead try assigning the new BB to an extension like brres and launching it like that) just to see if that works.

Quote from: Bakuryu on December 28, 2014, 04:44:20 PM
When I click the update thing it downloads and update and makes the directory "currentfolder"/v0.74 which then contains all the files I already had in the "currentfolder" + the update it download, which I can install again if I want and if I hit the update thing again it repeats this infinitely.

There isn't an update at the moment, so that's probs why it's looping infinitely.

What's your OS? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Do you have .NET 4.5.1? What's your computer's locale (language)? Also, right click the exe, go to Properties->Details and double check that it says BrawlBox v0.74 and all that, just in case.

For now, you can just turn off automatic updates under Tools->Settings->"Check for updates on startup"

Quote from: Ashley and Red on December 26, 2014, 11:26:44 PM
Also, when importing aimations from Marios Sports Mix, they show up as "CHR0" instead of their names, and as 0 frame animations

Can you send me the raw files before you open or import or whatevs so I can test them?

Quote from: Ashley and Red on December 26, 2014, 10:11:03 PM
I can't save the settings in Windows 8, only if I run the program as administrator :/

There's nothing I can do about that. Every version of BrawlBox can't edit the registry on Windows 8 without admin privileges. The least I could do was put a helpful message.

oh i forgot to mention this bug... if a material/mesh is using more than 1 texture, and u hide the first texture, no other texture shows, which just becomes a texture-less model in model viewer.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 29, 2014, 08:00:57 AMDo you have .NET 4.5.1? We had to upgrade it for the updater to work.
You could also try running it in compatibility mode or by launching it a different way (like instead of clicking the exe, instead try assigning the new BB to an extension like brres and launching it like that) just to see if that works.
I have only 4.1 and wouldn't it report that i need new version?
This one didn't worked either.

Alright, I'll add my issue to your github page too just for consistency's sake.

December 29, 2014, 05:50:19 PM #412 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:03:34 PM by Ashley and Red
@BlackJax, with raw files you mean the animations?

Post Merge: December 29, 2014, 06:03:34 PM

Here is a pic of the error, to illustrate it

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Is there a way to make it so semi-transparencies can be added without crashing BB? Not really a request, more like wondering for convenience.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 30, 2014, 01:10:41 AM
Is there a way to make it so semi-transparencies can be added without crashing BB? Not really a request, more like wondering for convenience.

I need this too, my last import had semitransparent hair, but didn't work

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 30, 2014, 01:10:41 AM
Is there a way to make it so semi-transparencies can be added without crashing BB? Not really a request, more like wondering for convenience.

What specifically? You can't set the blend mode?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 30, 2014, 01:24:33 AM
What specifically? You can't set the blend mode?

I ripped the mat and shader from a semi-transparent texture on Ike, and tried to set it on my fairy's wings. BrawlBox crashes when I hit save.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 30, 2014, 01:30:00 AM
I ripped the mat and shader from a semi-transparent texture on Ike, and tried to set it on my fairy's wings. BrawlBox crashes when I hit save.

So you can't replace materials and shaders?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 30, 2014, 02:05:57 AM
So you can't replace materials and shaders?

Yes, I can. Just not semi-transparent ones. And sometimes normals get messed up.

Um... wait, I should actually TRY in 0.74. :>.>palm:

idk what ppl r talking about... i was able to replace materials that uses transparenct for hairs, and it works fine for me. did u guys make sure to auto-fix the alpha blend and xlumaterial in the material data?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady