BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Can't buy Windows 8.1? Go install Debian, you can run BrawlBox via Wine. (Wine compatibility is getting better and better that I can actually use it!)

Anyway, I'll submit a pull request to make sure mcs can compile the source files properly (if there is any problems)

February 20, 2015, 12:03:45 PM #541 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:32:23 PM by DarkPikachu
Quote from: uyjulian on February 20, 2015, 09:24:11 AM
Can't buy Windows 8.1? Go install Debian, you can run BrawlBox via Wine. (Wine compatibility is getting better and better that I can actually use it!)
indeed
just make sure you install the latest wine and not wine 1.6 :P

Quote from: Sammi Husky on February 20, 2015, 05:18:55 AM
but for the sake of not just your sanity

lol thanks, but don't worry about my sanity ;)
I may blow my brains out over MS's stupidity, but at least I push in the right direction :)

Quote from: Sammi Husky on February 20, 2015, 05:18:55 AMIf you're that worried about it, you could always take it upon yourself to be the BBox "XP guru" and handle all the xp related deeds. It is open source afterall. Though i think i remember you saying in the past that you won't use / dedicate time to learning C# or something to that effect.

only if you'll pay me back with working on these with me: ;)
-both versions of UMC (3.0a and 3.0)
-UMC_SIDE (a fully interactive and intuitive IDE for teaching noobs (complete non-coders) to build UMC-scripts)
-UMCSL (my recompilation language for translating executable byte-code between machines and actual code)

yes I know UMC scripts were already designed to be easy to write, but it can only get so easy before I have to start dropping interface support to get any easier.

I already have a fully automated and interruptable state engine like OpenGL's FFP (dual-buffered in 3.0) and my own file system (with pointer support in 3.0)

so UMC_SIDE is built to take care of the learning gap with more features and better intellisense than merging VS2010 with Aptana.
and later on, hope to implement collaborative support.
(I'm a big fan of real-time (synced) development)

EDIT: forgot to mention this :P
Quote from: Sammi Husky on February 20, 2015, 05:18:55 AM(personally) if i absolutely have to choose between supporting XP and bringing the best possible experience to the most users, i will most certainly choose the latter. But again, if i can help it, i won't have to choose at all.

que commercial: Why can't we have both?
XD


hey tbh, that's one reason why I program in python.
it's just as cross-platform as Java ;)

I hate 3rd party libraries, which is one reason I choose PyOpenGL over pyglet.
this means even more low-end cross platform support than using something like .NET aka IronPython
(IronPython sucks, don't ever use it)
^ Python already has a garbage collector, it doesn't need .NET :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

February 20, 2015, 09:28:52 PM #542 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:32:19 PM by iwantgames
I got 1 major bug.

not sure about any other characters but after importing with the latest BB link acts up with in game animations. he looks and acts fine with the animations in BB though. got some pics of the problem

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

other than that problem the new BB is great, love the added viewpoints feature

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Fixed, published a hotfix update

Quote from: iwantgames on February 20, 2015, 09:28:52 PM
the new BB is great, love the added viewpoints feature

Thanks m80

BJ, you are awesome. Now I can make sprites for Super Smash Bros. Feud that face both directions AT THE SAME TIME. Thanks for another feature that'll save me tons of trouble.

You're welcome! Always glad to hear BrawlBox is helping achieve new things faster.

I always have a minor heart attack every time I see a new post right after a release because I'm expecting huge bug reports lol x_x

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 20, 2015, 11:37:54 PM
You're welcome! Always glad to hear BrawlBox is helping achieve new things faster.

I always have a minor heart attack every time I see a new post right after a release because I'm expecting huge bug reports lol x_x

Ah, well we're not ALL looking for bugs all the time haha (no offence bug reporters)

Question: How do you restore the scene after adding a viewport?

yeah, I don't look for bugs. I only notice stuff if it's noticeable.

for viewpoints I just drag the viewpoint off screen. click and drag the visible line, you can still add and/or re-add after that

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Yeah you just drag it so that it's not really visible anymore and it will automatically remove it

February 21, 2015, 12:32:53 AM #549 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:34:34 AM by DarkPikachu
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 20, 2015, 10:58:25 PMNow I can make sprites for Super Smash Bros. Feud

oh good lord, another 2D smash game. >3<
well, I'll give credit if it's good at least :)

I wanna see something in 3D that isn't a brawl mod >3<
lol

I just so happen to be working on something btw using pyglfw with pyopengl ;3
I don't have a good name for it yet, but it'll have everything nintedo seems to be forgetting about that makes smash memorable and overall epic. :)
(with my own twists to promote epicness with fair-play of course)
^ cheapness is bad and you will be punished with a lower score (can hurt your chances of winning the game)

argue with me about competitive play all you want, I wanna see tourneys promote this method ;)

basically, I'm a fan of TAS battles and I try to fight like so :)
(I know what TAS means, but now actually try fighting like that and being epic while doing it)
^ that will get you the highest scores in my game IF you can pull it off :)

Smash TV Announcer: GOOD LUCK! You'll need it!

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 21, 2015, 12:29:08 AM
Yeah you just drag it so that it&#039;s not really visible anymore and it will automatically remove it
oh that's interesting >.>
may not be good though... perhapse a mark for deletion or something would be better ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPikachu on February 21, 2015, 12:32:53 AM

oh good lord, another 2D smash game. >3<
well, I'll give credit if it's good at least :)

I wanna see something in 3D that isn't a brawl mod >3<
lol

I hope that wasn't sarcasm. :P Cuz you know, not everyone is able to code 3D engines. I don't know enough about them. Even the 2D stuff, I'm just picking up and applying logic and common sense. I learned it on my own time due to not being a pro game maker. I'm also tired of game engines that cost an arm and a leg.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 21, 2015, 12:42:28 AMI'm also tired of game engines that cost an arm and a leg.

I don't know about you but UE4 costs $19 and it's pretty easy to use imo
This is off topic though, so go ahead and PM me if you want to talk about it.

Now get the back on topic, you derailers

Saving .brsar is still broken... or was that not part of the latest version? (I just updated because it checked for me, I haven't been reading the forum)

I did not get a chance to look at BRSAR, no. Sorry about that. All the changes are listed in the changelog.

I'll post when I manage to fix it. A fix will probably be in the next update, if it's not too major (which it shouldn't be).

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 21, 2015, 12:42:28 AM
I hope that wasn't sarcasm. :P Cuz you know, not everyone is able to code 3D engines. I don't know enough about them. Even the 2D stuff, I'm just picking up and applying logic and common sense. I learned it on my own time due to not being a pro game maker. I'm also tired of game engines that cost an arm and a leg.
it wasn't :)
I honestly dislike 2D, and tbh, 3D isn't much different from 2D ;)
the only hard part is learning matrices and optionally integrating with GLSL.

and don't worry about learning stuff on your own, I'll be a first hand person to hijack BJ's thread and teach everyone 3D if that's what they want. :3
lol
(I actually have fun helping people like that)

also, screw using a game engine, seriousely :/
it's better if you actually write your own game and structure it w/o an engine.
but to do that, you need to understand object orientation, which can be difficult to learn :/
I can help with that too ;)

hey I'm no pro game developer, and I learned what I know just about on my own as well.
Ian Mallet taught me alot about OpenGL, but I've figured out more than what he's taught.
I built my own transparent GUI widget system entirely with OpenGL's FFP not using the GL-Feedback buffer.

but yea, if you want to learn some cool tricks and such, just ask, and I'll be happy to clarify. ;)
(unlike alot of others who would hardly teach me crap)

basic 3D programming is actually very easy.
it's basically the same thing as placing down blocks in minecraft, except the blocks connect to each other via lines that form faces with texures ;)

Eular's system is extremely easy to understand ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.