Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: WHY can't we have two, perfect, different movesets for one character?  (Read 4481 times)
dingo
Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 09:20:24 PM »

^Listen to him. I don't go on smashboards. Ever.

Lockstin
    Hyper Kitten

Im the bird your bird could smell like.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »

Adding a character is impossible. Brawl is made that it can only have a certain number of characters. All the playable characters, Giga-Bowser, Warioman and the Alloys. No other character slots can be made.
    Wait what no.

Phantom Wings (a guy on Smash Boards, also the guy who made the FPC) has been experimenting with it for a while, and succeeded in creating an alternate character slot for Link so he could do Link vs. Zero. Sadly, the game froze when he performed certain actions, and he still has a lot of work to do. So it's not impossible, just extremely hard to do and impractical until PW releases his findings.

there we go, thats what i wanted to hear out of this post, cant wait for that day, thats what i was thinking, using code to assign a PSA to 1 texture of a character, rather than a whole character.  however, once this gets done, sd card are gonna be a lot fuller, someone should make it so you can use an sd card bigger than 3 GB.

i dont like smashboards, cant u just give the link to something on smashboards when u mention it?
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:30:13 PM by Lockstin » Logged

renegade109
    Mega Kitten

^main char^ for a game project I nvr finished :P

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »

Issac Newton said that just bc something is possible doesn't mean it's practical... By the looks of it, someone would actually have to program (yes, actually program) in a new thing to call up say sonic's resources twice and store under a different file name with a clone model, psa, textures, css, csp, etc. And we'd be able to edit each one independently.

...or something along those lines :p
    Well, we can already create new Character Select Boxes with Phantom Wings' CSS Modifier 2.0 (which you can find on Smash Boards), so all we'd need to do at this point is create a custom .rel file to work with it and create extra data, as well as anything else PW says is needed for it to work.

yeah, u'd think... that's what I've been trying to get at but apparently it's not that simple Tongue

on a side note check out my new sig, lol

Computers will ALWAYS do what you TELL them to do, but RARELY what you WANT them to do! - My personal saying

gamer, swimmer, computer guy, trumpeteer, game programmer

pokelover980
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »

Adding a character is impossible. Brawl is made that it can only have a certain number of characters. All the playable characters, Giga-Bowser, Warioman and the Alloys. No other character slots can be made.

Wait what no.

Phantom Wings (a guy on Smash Boards, also the guy who made the FPC) has been experimenting with it for a while, and succeeded in creating an alternate character slot for Link so he could do Link vs. Zero. Sadly, the game froze when he performed certain actions, and he still has a lot of work to do. So it's not impossible, just extremely hard to do and impractical until PW releases his findings.

there we go, thats what i wanted to hear out of this post, cant wait for that day, thats what i was thinking, using code to assign a PSA to 1 texture of a character, rather than a whole character.  however, once this gets done, sd card are gonna be a lot fuller, someone should make it so you can use an sd card bigger than 3 GB.

i dont like smashboards, cant u just give the link to something on smashboards when u mention it?

Yeah, I'll just give the links as soon as SmashBoards comes back online (it's broken right now, it should be fixed in a few minutes).

EDIT: I have links now. Here is PW with Clone Engine progress: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266633
    CSS Organizer 2.0: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268772
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:05:28 AM by pokelover980 » Logged

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: