Project ReMiX (Alpha Download now Included)

Started by kanjaroo, July 20, 2014, 01:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: kanjaroo on July 24, 2014, 11:22:59 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/036ymaaizyt1noi/sd.zip

Thanks dude your a life saver, expect videos on my channel soon! (TheRealDylanator) (Same avatar.) (If you cant find me look up SSBF Trailer, on youtube, thats my only video, I'm sure the one I'm doing for you will be better!)

Thanks man. I'm pretty busy as of late but once that video goes up, I'm gonna make some major revisions to this topic. Do me one solid favor and send me a screenshot of the CSS so I can take down the blurred iPhone pic in the op.

Next, I'm gonna be adding a costume section to the op soon- a preview thing where people can see what the 10 costumes look like for the characters by showing all 10 CSP's under a spoiler.

Still, my major concern with this project getting further developed is the PSA aspect- when it comes down to it- that's the whole reason I started this project. While adding lots of cosmetics to Project M is nice looking and all, my main focus is ADDING CHARACTERS to Project M by making BrawlVault PSA's fit into Project M mechanically. I want it to be more than a pack. I really need support from prominent PSA makers to make this project worth continuing. Idk, maybe I should just post this in a different section of the forums?

Quote from: kanjaroo on July 26, 2014, 12:09:20 AM
Thanks man. I'm pretty busy as of late but once that video goes up, I'm gonna make some major revisions to this topic. Do me one solid favor and send me a screenshot of the CSS so I can take down the blurred iPhone pic in the op.

Next, I'm gonna be adding a costume section to the op soon- a preview thing where people can see what the 10 costumes look like for the characters by showing all 10 CSP's under a spoiler.

Still, my major concern with this project getting further developed is the PSA aspect- when it comes down to it- that's the whole reason I started this project. While adding lots of cosmetics to Project M is nice looking and all, my main focus is ADDING CHARACTERS to Project M by making BrawlVault PSA's fit into Project M mechanically. I want it to be more than a pack. I really need support from prominent PSA makers to make this project worth continuing. Idk, maybe I should just post this in a different section of the forums?

I know one PSA that will work well, (I'm using it in SSBF) Metal Mario, made by Chaotix, its over Mario and when it is updated it will get more attacks and be more suited for PM.

Well, I decided to make a thread to focus on PSA adjustments.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69774.msg1285769#new

As for the Metal Mario PSA, I'll try it out when I have the chance. Like I said in the op though, I'm limited to focusing on 14 characters now. If a PSA's worse than all of the 14 I've already started on, I won't work on it cuz its not priority. That being said, the Gray Fox PSA is unfinished so I've been debating replacing it. I'll add Metal Mario to the Possible Newcomer list and if he trumps the others also in line, I MAY replace Gray Fox with him.

I made an Alpha v1.1 for BrawlVault! I've started working on PSA to modify the new characters to a Project M standard- so if someone can handle the cosmetic aspect for me OR if the forums could make a list of which costumes soft-freeze when stage-loading, I can get on with making the new characters better!

I replaced Grey Fo with Knuckles in this build. Knuckles' side smash might be op but his other attributes make him seem like a great character to add.

Oh and for all you guys downloading I just remembered that I didn't change Blaziken back to P:M Captain Falcon. My friend sucks at Smash so much so he kinda forced me to replace Captain Falcon with Blaziken so he can have more fun lol. I forgot to get rid of that, but I'm sure any of you guys can handle that as well. (Its not the cosmetics just the fighter files).

Anyway, if you're a new viewer of the thread and interested in this project, speak up! Still got no partners :(

I'll be updating when I can.

About the video's, I am having trouble recording dolphin without lag (I use fraps, its free :P)

Until I find out how to record laglessly I cannot make video's for this.

August 24, 2014, 04:48:02 PM #21 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:46:28 PM by kanjaroo
Okayyyy so I'm gonna upload the pack to BraulVault after I make a credits.txt. Its going to take a couple hours.

Til then, here's the pack link by itself:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko70u4ly19q9w85/pf.rar?dl=0

Post Merge: August 24, 2014, 09:46:28 PM

Alright now its on the vault

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205827

Okay. I want to help with character matchup balancing.

It's one thing to make a character individually balanced, but they need to be balanced with the rest of the cast as well.

So yeah. I can also grab in-game pics.

Quick Update: My sd card got corrupted last week so I haven't done much. Now that I have a new one though, I've been making editing PSAs for P:M. However, I don't know how to edit PSAs with BrawlBo. If someone could PM me that that would be nice. I've been using PSA but I need to learn BrawlBo for editing now.

Also, if someone could make a list of costume data, that would be a HUGE help. I don't have time to use my wii for a good amount of time these days so this would be awesome. Just a list of all the costume mishaps. Freezes and loading the wrong costumes. With a list, fiing the mistakes will be lots easier on me.

Quote from: kanjaroo on September 05, 2014, 09:33:06 PM
Also, if someone could make a list of costume data, that would be a HUGE help. I don't have time to use my wii for a good amount of time these days so this would be awesome. Just a list of all the costume mishaps. Freezes and loading the wrong costumes. With a list, fiing the mistakes will be lots easier on me.

If by this, you mean what costumes go to which portrait and what not, there's the file placement guide.

September 06, 2014, 03:04:23 AM #25 Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:06:16 PM by kanjaroo
Well, no. The fact that I've used BrawlEx to give every character 10 costumes makes that guide less than useful. The order of texture files will be naturally in line with the order of portrait files on completion- this is already the case for a good number of characters. I just need to mark down the current mistakes that make this untrue in this beta. But, because this will be naturally different, I need all the costumes to be tested and recorded manually. I could do it myself but it'll take time.

Post Merge: September 06, 2014, 09:06:16 PM

Update: completely forgot to add version 1.1 to op. Now its there.

Nother update: I re-uploaded the project to Mega. Also, I added a new HD picture to the OP so everyone can basque in its glory. I'm also currently working with someone on perfecting the costumes so epect version 1.2 (with less freezing costumes) in the future!!!

September 16, 2014, 02:57:32 AM #27 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:56:15 PM by sloppymonk
Add Aang from last airbender and crash banditcoot. I'd have a blast playing those two.

Post Merge: September 16, 2014, 11:56:15 PM

Is it intentional for shadow to have sonic sfx's instead of shadows sfx's?

Quote from: sloppymonk on September 16, 2014, 02:57:32 AM
Add Aang from last airbender and crash banditcoot. I'd have a blast playing those two.

Post Merge: September 16, 2014, 11:56:15 PM

Is it intentional for shadow to have sonic sfx's instead of shadows sfx's?

There aren't many clones with unique sf yet. Clones outside of Project M, anyway. Clone sound effects are linked to the original characters they were designed from. People have made sf for characters like Shadow, but someone needs to take the time to re-code Shadow's sf over a boss character- like tabuu, rayquaza, etc. Otherwise, Sonic and Shadow share the same sf- either they both sound like Sonic or they both sound like Shadow.

There's also another technique where someone can divide Sonic's sound bank in half and attribute half of his sounds to Sonic and half to Shadow.

Regardless, it IS possible, but I'm not focused on that right now. I want the game to play like a charm- no freezes- first. Once I've done that, I'll try to get support from other hackers too, assuming it gets popular like I hope it to, and then we can work out the cosmetics to make the game seem like Project M dlc. Right now, I'm almost done working out the costumes so that NONE freeze. After that, perfecting the clone movesets. Last, cosmetics like battle portraits, sf, etc.

September 17, 2014, 03:25:52 PM #29 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:54:56 PM by Ǥɪғᴛᴇᴅ
I'm trying it, meow.
Let's hope it's better than Project M, where it doesn't have the lag before attacks.
Looks pretty interesting. I also have a bunch of my own PSA's I could put in, too. And costumes.

If not, I could always put in codes to take it out....

Post Merge: September 17, 2014, 07:54:56 PM

Yeah, Same issue Project M had.

Wisp Freezes.
Vegeta sounds like Wolf.
Shadow like Sonic.
Raptor like Wolf.

Then again, it IS a Beta.

I'd suggest you take out Wisp.
It's always had a freezing problem, with me.
Even when I used it with my BrawlDX.