Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom SSS problem unsure how to fix.  (Read 1373 times)
WintersAssassin
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 26, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »

Starter stuff
Basically a while ago I had all the fixings, PSA characters, Cloud and whatnot, but my SD ran out of memory so I got rid of my rather large brawl hack folder, I decided a short time ago to selvage what I had left, mainly the Wiird codes and try again donating a whole 8GB to SSBB hacking. So I reset the folders I wanted to get the stages first. (Fourside and Mushroom Kingdom 64 yes!) so I set up the codes I had, placed the generic wifi .rel files in the Module folder. And grab me some stages naming them STGCustom#(1-9).pac. I excitedly turn on my Brawl stuff it says the codes are active... then something odd happens...

First I have Brawl + so I'm used to the Lucas buffer icon coming up, it didn't but I ignore it and go to the stages, new ones are there so I choose the first one which was battlefield 64. Frozen. So I desparately tried all I could think of, I updatified Brawl +, Checked all the codes, tried Phantom Wings sample, everything froze and the brawl + icon never showed up. Though the characters are clearly +'ed.

What should I do, I've tried nearly everything... do imported stages only work on Bootleg brawl Copies? Or maybe my Wii is refusing to load SD files via Wiird codes... I did mod it a bit to play Monster Hunter Tri....

DocStrange
Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:44:25 PM »

Are you just using the Brawl+ codeset and Phantom Wings' code? Also, the modules for PW's code are supposed to be named st_custom.rel, not wifi.rel. Are you placing Battlefield 64, Mushroom Kingdom, and Fourside over the custom stages and using the modules provided by Phantom Wings? Because those only work for stages based on Wi Fi Waiting Room, which I think only Fourside is. For the rest of them you'll have to download the modules for the stages those are supposed to go over and modify them to go over WFWR using a hex editor.

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 02:33:47 PM »

I thought it might be the .rel files so I tried just using  the example folder completely, it didn't work either, it seems my Wii doesn't want to load any files along with the coding. It doesn't load the brawl + buffer band (The thing with Lucas) in the intro, aside from that though it works fine...

I'll try the .rels one more time though just to be sure...

EDIT OKay it was the SDHC card I just swapped the files it works now ^^
    « Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:03:49 PM by WintersAssassin » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: