Where do I put these files that I just downloaded on my SD Card?

Started by dododo_1, September 02, 2014, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I have an SD card with riivolution, gecko, and homebrew channel. I just downloaded this pack (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203792) But I have no idea where to put it in my SD card or if I need to download any other programs to get this to work. Please help! Thank you so much!

Look at this guide. It will show where to put all the files for every type of hack.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

That did not help me. I have a couple other hacked games (Mario kart and New super Mario Bros) So I don't want to mess those up. Where do I put this file of things I just downloaded?

In that case, make a backup of all you have on your SD, and depending on whatever you have downloaded, put it all on the SD card's root.

Then, just boot it through Gecko. Should work fine.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I have MKWii mods and brawl mods on the same SD, it doesn't matter at all.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Ok I put all the files from the pack I downloaded onto my SD card root and launched Gecko. It says that the game patches are applied but when it opens the game nothing is changed. Do I need to download something else? Do I need a Code Manager and File Patch Code or something?

your sd card file placement needs to be correct, my suggestion is to use riivolution instead, its more easier to set up, so look for the mod launcher(type it in on google) it will tell you everything you need if you cant set it up pm me and ill help you

setup for gecko

root of your sd card/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/whoever the fighter is
you will also need the code manager and ocarina

He already has Gecko, so it would actually be a downgrade to switch to Riivo
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: dododo_1 on September 03, 2014, 03:09:14 AM
Ok I put all the files from the pack I downloaded onto my SD card root and launched Gecko. It says that the game patches are applied but when it opens the game nothing is changed. Do I need to download something else? Do I need a Code Manager and File Patch Code or something?
Quote from: FOREVER365 on September 03, 2014, 08:45:05 AM
your sd card file placement needs to be correct, my suggestion is to use riivolution instead, its more easier to set up, so look for the mod launcher(type it in on google) it will tell you everything you need if you cant set it up pm me and ill help you

setup for gecko

root of your sd card/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/whoever the fighter is
you will also need the code manager and ocarina
If he looked at the tutorial link I sent him it should have gave him the codes and setup and everything.
Sigh, did you actually read the tutorial or look at it and say this is not what I want?
Beginner mistake #1: Assuming they already knew what people tell them.
Beginner mistake #2: If #1 is false, thinking received help will automatically fix their problem.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: Anarchy Panty (Br3) on September 03, 2014, 08:48:02 AM
He already has Gecko, so it would actually be a downgrade to switch to Riivo

well gecko isnt much of an upgrade....unless you know what your doing...gecko is more about codes which he obv doesnt know how to do...i think riivo is more user friendly.  started with gecko nd i couldnt get it to work lol

Quote from: Shinobu Nyan! on September 03, 2014, 06:05:58 PM
If he looked at the tutorial link I sent him it should have gave him the codes and setup and everything.
Sigh, did you actually read the tutorial or look at it and say this is not what I want?
Beginner mistake #1: Assuming they already knew what people tell them.
Beginner mistake #2: If #1 is false, thinking received help will automatically fix their problem.

sadly but true, and most people have no idea where it is, people are too lazy these days to read a guide to get them what they want.... but ehh. some people do try but its too "complicsted" idk i cant talk im nowhere near a beginner anymore but reading guides that people make with their hard earned time and people come asking on the forum for things that are simple instruction.

I did read the guide he sent me. I am not a hacker or whatever so it was very confusing to me, so that is why I came on to the help forum. To get help, not be ridiculed of not putting any effort in to trying to figure this stuff out, because I have certainly tried. I tried downloading the Code manager but nothing was on it when I tried to open the actual code manager. I don't know where to put the files from the pack that I downloaded on my SD card or if I need to download something to put them somewhere else, and I don't want to mess up the other files I already have on the SD card.

Post Merge: September 04, 2014, 05:48:58 PM

And I also tried putting all the files from the pack I downloaded onto the root of my SD card, then opening it with Gecko, but that did not work.

We're not ridiculing you intentionally. When seeking help providing as much detail as possible makes it easier to help people. Let's start over, tell us how your sd card is currently set up. Also I'm gonna link you to a helpful youtube channel that helped me start out. (here)
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Ok I am going to list what I have. On the Root of my SD Card:
4.3 (The pack that I downloaded for Brawl. I will post contents of that too)
applications
apps (in this folder I have Gecko1931 and homebrew Browser)
boot.elf
bootmii
ctgpr (Mario Kart Hack)
NewerSMBW (New Super Mario Bros hack)
private
riivolution
save
text


In the 4.3 Brawl pack I downloaded I have:
boot.elf
bootmii
codes (It comes with lots of codes in a Real codes.txt which I don't understand and RSBE01.gct)
config.dat
credits.txt
DCIM
gameconfig.txt
installer.log
MISC
private (This folder looks like it has most of the Content)

I do not have Code Manager or a File Patch Code (I do not know what these are really.) I tried to download Code Manager from the Resources page but after I downloaded it, nothing was on it when I clicked on Code Manager.exe

Put the codes folder, config.dat, gameconfig.txt, and the private folder in the root of your sd card.

Open Gecko in the Homebrew Channel and launch the game.

I just tried that, and It did not work for me. It said that codes were found and gecko was applying them, but then I opened the game and it was just like normal. Could it be maybe because I have custom stages? should I delete these custom made stages?