Unofficial Project M Ridley PSA - Version 2.1 released.

Started by R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞, September 16, 2014, 08:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What do you think of this hack (v1.9)?

Great!
17 (77.3%)
Good.
1 (4.5%)
Could have been better, but its ok.
0 (0%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Horrible!
0 (0%)
Too big.
1 (4.5%)
OPNERFNOWOMG
0 (0%)
What was the question again?
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

I'm not sure about that, as I've never managed to hit Pit's MotionEtc file size limit, but I'm assuming it's quite high.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 22, 2014, 05:17:26 PM
I'm not sure about that, as I've never managed to hit Pit's MotionEtc file size limit, but I'm assuming it's quite high.
Then he will be used as a base. He may be even better as a base than Lucario was.

Haven't updated this thread for a while. Since it is a progress update, i guess i can do it even after 3 weeks of this thread being inactive. A lot of stuff has been done (enough for serious matches without items and not on stages with walls): all throws, ledge animations, get hit animations, taunts, etc. Oh, and since title is no longer accurate since it uses nothing from Carnage's Ridley, i changed it to what it is now. Soon, a video will be uploaded showing what should have been in SSB4 and would bring enough hype for Reggie's body being unable to handle it.
Have few screenshots:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Last one is something exclusive to stamina mode - once he is KOed, he will start exploding like in 2D Metroid games until he lands on the floor.

I encountered 2 very signifficant issues, with one of them being just graphical one (but it makes the whole thing painful to look at) and other crashes the game. First one makes Ridley look like those wireframes in SSBM, but with discolered body parts. Second one occurs on 2nd match and above and crashes the game on result screen. I don't know how to fix those.

so hyped
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Now this thread will be updated as often as smashboards one.
New ground side B:

It is easier to punish since it has higher start up and he doesn't goes that far, but it can be used for combo set ups now instead of just a way to quickly go into the air or get away from opponent. And i finally found a way to get rid of those gifs' framerate issues, so, now they look better.

Maybe you could make it similar to Meta Knight's Side Special, in which you can angle the move as it progresses.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 20, 2015, 04:14:00 PM
Maybe you could make it similar to Meta Knight's Side Special, in which you can angle the move as it progresses.
Is it even possible without using Meta Knight?

Yes. All you need to do is use a few If Compare commands that dictate where the control stick is pressed And use momentum commands to move up and down, based on the control stick moving up or down.. If you like, I can tinker around with it for you.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 20, 2015, 04:44:31 PM
Yes. All you need to do is use a few If Compare commands that dictate where the control stick is pressed And use momentum commands to move up and down, based on the control stick moving up or down.. If you like, I can tinker around with it for you.
Ok. Will it actually rotate him or he will just move up and down? If it won't, then it will look weird.

With the coding and animation edits I have, he'll be able to rotate up and down, but there will be a few animation edits. I'll experiment with a few things to see if I can get desired results.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 20, 2015, 09:52:18 PM
With the coding and animation edits I have, he'll be able to rotate up and down, but there will be a few animation edits. I'll experiment with a few things to see if I can get desired results.
Then i will send the files.




January 22, 2015, 03:18:42 PM #74 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:24:49 PM by KingJigglypuff
Only 47 animations left until first release! Have this video by one of the testers from Smashboards:
The villain Project M needs.