Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?
Yes
No
I don't care

Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: [LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)  (Read 101992 times)
Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #165 on: April 09, 2015, 11:32:50 AM »

I use hackless StackSmash (PM Launcher) with a 2gb SD card that is loaded onto an unhacked Wii U in vWii mode, and as for the CSS, I used Ondo's 3.5 CSS (saves space for better CSPs) which I made compatible with BrawlEx. I think there might be codes missing for stamina, since the files are essentially the same and have the Stamina Mode text. I think the freezes might be due to the results screen and stock icons, I make sure my clones have EVERY cosmetic they might need so there's no crashes. And so I can play Classic mode, too.
    the only codes i removed were the CSS and file patch codes, then altered the air dodge since it was causing freezes. i kinda wonder if some of the things happening are due to the common 2 file. i use a modified PM 3.5 menu myself for testing so the cosmetics for everything should be in there, but aren't.  hmm i was thinking about result crashes as well, tho it doesn't make sense. sometimes it works fine but crashes other times. they should use the generic characters cosmetics anyway since i havent edited them yet. i havent tested it on the consol yet i might try it after work. seems only ones getting freezes are me and hochin. i'm also planning on modifying the full set as well now i know exactly wich codes need to be removed. shouldn't be terribly difficult.

SparkyWaffles
    Newbie Kitten

"Now, let's go play together..."

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #166 on: April 09, 2015, 08:20:13 PM »

Using the GCT, I have successfully added Brawlex to Project M! I had to separate certain characters and rearrange the CSS myself, but it's pretty much working well. However, I'm having a few problems cloning Mewtwo and Roy. These are the results I got by cloning Lucario/Marth and replacing their fighter files with Project M's:

-Neither Mewtwo nor Roy have their custom sound effects; they both are completely silent.
    -Mewtwo's shadow balls are invisible.
    -When trying to do Mewtwo's rapid jab, he instead stands in a "T" position and does nothing else. This was fixed by setting Has RapidJab to "true" and the Jab Count to "2" within his FighterConfig

I think the above might have to do with the fighter modules, since Lucario doesn't share what Mewtwo had above, but it'd be helpful to know how to fix this.

I'm also missing the extra skins that PM adds, but I might know how to remedy that...
    Note: I'm using Homebrew Channel on console.

Edit: Might be helpful to state that wavedashing, debug mode and the PM visuals work fine!
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:03:52 PM by SparkyWaffles » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2015, 12:48:11 AM »

Using the GCT, I have successfully added Brawlex to Project M! I had to separate certain characters and rearrange the CSS myself, but it's pretty much working well. However, I'm having a few problems cloning Mewtwo and Roy. These are the results I got by cloning Lucario/Marth and replacing their fighter files with Project M's:

-Neither Mewtwo nor Roy have their custom sound effects; they both are completely silent.
    -Mewtwo's shadow balls are invisible.
    -When trying to do Mewtwo's rapid jab, he instead stands in a "T" position and does nothing else. This was fixed by setting Has RapidJab to "true" and the Jab Count to "2" within his FighterConfig

I think the above might have to do with the fighter modules, since Lucario doesn't share what Mewtwo had above, but it'd be helpful to know how to fix this.

I'm also missing the extra skins that PM adds, but I might know how to remedy that...
    Note: I'm using Homebrew Channel on console.

Edit: Might be helpful to state that wavedashing, debug mode and the PM visuals work fine!

update the mewtwo .rel/configs it should go away. that was an issue with an old lucario clone, i believe its fixed now. custom sounds you will need to find someone who knows more about it but i'm pretty sure thats done with the config files and a hex editor, by default they share a sound bank with lucario and roy.

the only thing changed/added were the codes in the GCT.  so extra costumes, cosmetics, sounds etc will not work with the gct alone, you will need to add those. i'm happy to hear its working well tho. another thing you may need to add via config are things like "samus has crawl" tho i left that code in there.

i'm willing to help if anyone has quetions ^^

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #168 on: April 10, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »

Hey everyone! Sorry for all the inactivity. I have been working on a secret hacking project unrelated to Project M DIY which I will hopefully have more info on soon.

I signed up for email notifications but I haven't been receiving them so I'm sorry I missed so many posts. I will continue to work on Project M DIY for as long as I can!

Oh... and Sikura and SmashAmass, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like you to PM me the GCT codes from now on. Many people have been getting anxious for an update and trying to make their own unofficial updates. I'd perfer if people wouldn't do this just for the fact that it usually requires us to support them with these "updates."

Like always, I appreciate all your guys' support and help. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

-Ty

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2015, 06:08:26 PM »

Hey everyone! Sorry for all the inactivity. I have been working on a secret hacking project unrelated to Project M DIY which I will hopefully have more info on soon.

I signed up for email notifications but I haven't been receiving them so I'm sorry I missed so many posts. I will continue to work on Project M DIY for as long as I can!

Oh... and Sikura and SmashAmass, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like you to PM me the GCT codes from now on. Many people have been getting anxious for an update and trying to make their own unofficial updates. I'd perfer if people wouldn't do this just for the fact that it usually requires us to support them with these "updates."

Like always, I appreciate all your guys' support and help. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

-Ty

The GCT is pretty much finished. i've been testing it for the last few days with no major glitches (except stamina mode, tho i think there is a resource file, (common 2? maybe 3?) that has certain things replaced for special modes. its like all the codes are there, its just not sure where to look. i'm currently tinkering with the 2 files seeing if i can find it. it may be slow still due to work. tho zig is helping me with it as well.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #170 on: April 11, 2015, 12:23:25 AM »

Hello guys. I came hoping to shed some light on this project regarding the stamina codes. Im not sure if you guys know, but the stamina mode works perfectly.(at least it did for me.) The thing is that the stamina type section is completely removed when you go to the rules section at the top of the css in stamina mode, which You guys have seen already. but you can actually toggle stamina modes by altering the stage choice tab at the very bottom. Choose: type 1(Set knockback with blastzones), Random: type2(set knockback without blastzones), turns: type 3(Normal knockback without blastzones), ordered: type 4(Normal knockback with blastzones), and losers pick: type 5(Normal knockback no blastzones and fixed camera). the problem resides in the common 2 file, which has some menu graphics for the rules section. though im not sure what section of the common 2 tho, as i haven't looked in it at all yet. But it's no problem with the gct tho. Hope this helps!

The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2015, 12:49:24 AM »

Hello guys. I came hoping to shed some light on this project regarding the stamina codes. Im not sure if you guys know, but the stamina mode works perfectly.(at least it did for me.) The thing is that the stamina type section is completely removed when you go to the rules section at the top of the css in stamina mode, which You guys have seen already. but you can actually toggle stamina modes by altering the stage choice tab at the very bottom. Choose: type 1(Set knockback with blastzones), Random: type2(set knockback without blastzones), turns: type 3(Normal knockback without blastzones), ordered: type 4(Normal knockback with blastzones), and losers pick: type 5(Normal knockback no blastzones and fixed camera). the problem resides in the common 2 file, which has some menu graphics for the rules section. though im not sure what section of the common 2 tho, as i haven't looked in it at all yet. But it's no problem with the gct tho. Hope this helps!

ohhh sweet! thank you for that, i figured it should. since there is no exact documentation of what is needed in the common2 file it was just replaced all together. i'll have zig look into it. it should be as simple as exporting and replacing the textures. i'm happy to se it's working.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #172 on: April 11, 2015, 02:21:22 AM »

No prob! i Took a quick peek to check to see, and i mostly seen misc data, but im 100% sure its the common 2. i took a common 2 from an older project m version and it changed to stage choice, then changed to the common 2 file from 3.5 and it became stamina type. The answer has to lie in those misc data's contents. i'll take a look as well.  

Edit: I freaking found it! It's misc data 11! take the misc data 11 from the 3.5 common 2 file and insert it in your common 2 file and it should load up.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:43:53 AM by Ghost Wolf » Logged

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #173 on: April 11, 2015, 10:50:56 AM »

I was just messing around with my build using the new gct, checked if 3.5 squirtle still has issues, and he does, but it's not as bad. For one, no moves crash anymore, which is good. Second, Pokemon Trainer shows up for all three pokemon and when you die, you play as the next pokemon. Charizard's down B is the pokemon switch instead of fly/glide, and GFX for Flare Blitz (side B) is rock smash... The problem is, the three trainer pokemon were heavily modified using codes so they could function in Subspace and normal matches and have different behaviors. Now, we just need to figure out how to apply these affects using BrawlEX.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2015, 12:12:34 PM »

I was just messing around with my build using the new gct, checked if 3.5 squirtle still has issues, and he does, but it's not as bad. For one, no moves crash anymore, which is good. Second, Pokemon Trainer shows up for all three pokemon and when you die, you play as the next pokemon. Charizard's down B is the pokemon switch instead of fly/glide, and GFX for Flare Blitz (side B) is rock smash... The problem is, the three trainer pokemon were heavily modified using codes so they could function in Subspace and normal matches and have different behaviors. Now, we just need to figure out how to apply these affects using BrawlEX.
    the pokemon codes are still in there. sadly i don't really know how to fix that one. you can probably swap it out for another PSA and it would work... the issue with pokemon is they used codes to completely seperate them via rel files. i don't think BrawlEX is set up to read them that way by default. tho things like rock smash and pokemon swapping should be run thru psa. not sure why that's not working.

Edit: ohh i see you said the graphics for side B were messed up, not the attack its self? i know some psa's call on graphics in the common3 (think there was an early sephiroth psa that did that) it could be something along those lines for that issue.

Ghost Wolf
    Expert Kitten

Captain Falcon FTW

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #175 on: April 11, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »

Yep it defiantly the Misc data 11. I took a clean common 2 file and took the Misc data 11 from the PM 3.5 Common 2 and placed it into the clean common 2, and it worked! I also used it with an older version of project D.I.Y and it worked as well. Has it worked for you yet, Sirkura?
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:24:29 PM by Ghost Wolf » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2015, 02:24:12 PM »

Yep it defiantly the Misc data 11. I took a clean common 2 file and took the Misc data 11 from the PM 3.5 Common 2 and placed it into the clean common 2, and it worked! I also used it with an older version of project D.I.Y and it worked as well. Has it worked for you yet, Sirkura?
    i've been at work so havent had the chance to try anything lately. zig has been working on it i believe. i won't have another chance really till tuesday when i'm off. i'll probably just inject misc 11 into the BeX common 2 to save some time.

hmm looks liek the misc11 patch didn't work for us.  have you tried patching it with the brawlEX common2 yet? going to try the newest brawlbox to see if i can ready that data.  strange BB 0.71 can't.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:49:48 PM by Sirkura » Logged

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #177 on: April 11, 2015, 02:43:57 PM »

Welp, I feel like an idiot. When you mentioned .rels for the pokemon, I realized I didn't update ANY of the modules when I updated the movesets because the build I use is a complicated convoluted mess of Project M+ updated to BEX 2.0 with stage expansion from another build with an adapted space-saving CSS... So I just started adding more stuff onto it. I'll try updating the modules, and report back.

EDIT: Had no effect, same exact results... Must have to do with the PSA working in conjunction with other codes, files, etc. I also tried replacing common3.pac, but crashed instantly on CSS... At least the pokemon don't crash, but I'd like if they didn't switch. Also, after exiting a "match" in training mode while playing as Roy (Clone) I got a crash, like the one's you've been experiencing, but this was the first time.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:16:41 PM by DaDuckHuntDog » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2015, 03:58:05 PM »

Welp, I feel like an idiot. When you mentioned .rels for the pokemon, I realized I didn't update ANY of the modules when I updated the movesets because the build I use is a complicated convoluted mess of Project M+ updated to BEX 2.0 with stage expansion from another build with an adapted space-saving CSS... So I just started adding more stuff onto it. I'll try updating the modules, and report back.

EDIT: Had no effect, same exact results... Must have to do with the PSA working in conjunction with other codes, files, etc. I also tried replacing common3.pac, but crashed instantly on CSS... At least the pokemon don't crash, but I'd like if they didn't switch. Also, after exiting a "match" in training mode while playing as Roy (Clone) I got a crash, like the one's you've been experiencing, but this was the first time.

i'm not sure if you will ever be able to get pokemon to work exactly the same, as i said a lot of their coding is in their rel files, they basically have their own codes and somehow mapped it to a new rel for each pokemon if i remember basically increasing the filesize limit for their psa's. BeX doesn't have single pokemon yet. as for roy that should be a cosmetic error. i fixed mine by redoing the configs and readding battle portraits.

also i peeked at common2 with BB .75b the misc11 is actually sora_melee i know a lot fo PM codes hook into that file. i need to further experiment exactly wich section of it i'll need to patch.

SparkyWaffles
    Newbie Kitten

"Now, let's go play together..."

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #179 on: April 11, 2015, 04:06:10 PM »

Many people have been getting anxious for an update and trying to make their own unofficial updates.

lol I hope you're not referring to me!

Anyway, I was about to post more about what I found while testing the GCT but it seems like you guys already beat me to the draw with most of it, especially with Red. He still appears in the background and throws pokeballs when they try to do their down B. I'm using PM's most recent module files, too, so there's probably a different file that removes Red.

Anyway, as far as gameplay goes, I'll just wait until PM:DIY is finished since I'm having trouble fully transferring just PM. I'm making a PSA, so I've really wanted to use PM's debug mode to actually see the hitboxes.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:20:47 PM by SparkyWaffles » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16
    Print
    Jump to: