[LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)

Started by TheGamerKidTy, October 05, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?

Yes
No
I don't care


PROJECT M D.I.Y. IS NOW OFFICIALLY CONTINUED BY SIKURA
YOU CAN FIND THE NEW THREAD HERE








[original thread]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FAQ
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Downloads
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hackless
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Installation
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Changelog
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


[IMPORTANT!!] Bugs
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Want to support the project?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Credits
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.





BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, PLEASE READ THE FAQ
Thank You

Really no comments? I assume that it is an update to project ex, I guess I will have to try it out later, but atm I am a bit tied up hopefully it works out fine.

Quote from: Dragoon Fighter on October 05, 2014, 06:20:08 AM
Really no comments? I assume that it is an update to project ex, I guess I will have to try it out later, but atm I am a bit tied up hopefully it works out fine.


Actually, I made this from the ground up. But yes, basically it is.

I'm confused. You didn't say what's different at all... like what have you changed? How many characters? Plus, there ARE some that work well at the moment, like mine ;) . I added 14 characters and removed the CSS flicker that makes the CSS look glitchy. Here's the link:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69628.0

I'm on the verge of perfecting mine... once I'm done giving 10 costumes to every character in the game that is.

October 07, 2014, 10:06:04 PM #4 Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:35:06 PM by TheGamerKidTy
Quote from: kanjaroo on October 07, 2014, 06:55:00 PM
I'm confused. You didn't say what's different at all... like what have you changed? How many characters? Plus, there ARE some that work well at the moment, like mine ;) . I added 14 characters and removed the CSS flicker that makes the CSS look glitchy. Here's the link:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69628.0

I'm on the verge of perfecting mine... once I'm done giving 10 costumes to every character in the game that is.

If you had read the Info/About, you would have known that this is a clean slate for people to work off of and add their own clones. I didn't add any characters or stages or music (Thus why I said Project M + BrawlEx TEMPLATE). This is just purely Project M modified to use the BrawlEx clone engine. Nothing more, nothing less. If you have any more questions about this pack, please see the FAQ  ;)

(And by the way, I meant ones that work well as a template for others. Not saying yours isn't good or anything, great in fact, but do you think your pack will work as well if I were to add, oh I dunno, 5 characters on top of all of the characters you have? Exactly.)

(Also, If this came off as rude, sorry. I was just trying to explain the best I could)

What characters does this build have? and how do i add more if its mixed with PM?

Thank you for this, I hated organizing folders. You made the job easier :D

October 13, 2014, 04:09:50 PM #7 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:11:28 PM by TheGamerKidTy
Quote from: imcoolfool on October 13, 2014, 03:18:21 PM
Thank you for this, I hated organizing folders. You made the job easier :D

No problem! Glad to see people are enjoying Project M D.I.Y.!

Quote from: JesucristoCROW on October 13, 2014, 08:27:53 AM
What characters does this build have? and how do i add more if its mixed with PM?

This comes with no characters besides the ones already in Project M. As for adding more characters, It should be the same process. However, the BrawlEx Clone Tool is very glitchy with this, so you have to use the traditional method (If you have any more questions, please see the FAQ)

great work so far, but could you include brawlex css expansion in the next update please ?

Quote from: thieftheodore on October 27, 2014, 09:33:05 PM
great work so far, but could you include brawlex css expansion in the next update please ?

Umm... it is already

Quote from: TheGamerKidTy on October 27, 2014, 10:16:46 PM
Umm... it is already
oh.. is that so ? but in the current build (hacked and hackless both with no stage expansion) i can only manage to add maximum 8 clone character, the 9th clone character onwards won't appear in the css  unless i manually add brawlex css expansion files.


sorry for my poor english

Quote from: thieftheodore on October 28, 2014, 02:09:40 PM
oh.. is that so ? but in the current build (hacked and hackless both with no stage expansion) i can only manage to add maximum 8 clone character, the 9th clone character onwards won't appear in the css  unless i manually add brawlex css expansion files.

sorry for my poor english

That's quite alright my friend,

Do you happen to be using the BrawlEx clone tool? The BrawlEx clone tool is unfortunately incompatible with Project M DIY. But it isn't that hard to add clones without the clone tool. The video tutorial is at the bottom of the installation Spoiler.

To add clones to my CSS roster, I go to the BrawlEx folder in my pf folder and open CSSRoster.dat with the BrawlEx Config Utility. (v1.3) Then, up near the top of the Config Util window, you want to press the up arrow next to the number in the white box. (After increasing the number, be sure to click the scroll bar next to all the fighters. If you use the scroll wheel after clicking one of the little arrows, it will either add of take away a lot of fighters, and that ain't good.) Scroll down to the bottom of the list and find where it says 29 Random. Click on it a few times, and change it to your clones ID. Then, change the 00 Mario RIGHT below where Random used to be, change that to 29.

Please tell me if you need anymore assistance
-Ty

Quote from: TheGamerKidTy on October 28, 2014, 09:03:58 PM
That's quite alright my friend,

Do you happen to be using the BrawlEx clone tool? The BrawlEx clone tool is unfortunately incompatible with Project M DIY. But it isn't that hard to add clones without the clone tool. The video tutorial is at the bottom of the installation Spoiler.

To add clones to my CSS roster, I go to the BrawlEx folder in my pf folder and open CSSRoster.dat with the BrawlEx Config Utility. (v1.3) Then, up near the top of the Config Util window, you want to press the up arrow next to the number in the white box. (After increasing the number, be sure to click the scroll bar next to all the fighters. If you use the scroll wheel after clicking one of the little arrows, it will either add of take away a lot of fighters, and that ain't good.) Scroll down to the bottom of the list and find where it says 29 Random. Click on it a few times, and change it to your clones ID. Then, change the 00 Mario RIGHT below where Random used to be, change that to 29.

Please tell me if you need anymore assistance
-Ty
nope i didn't use brawlex clone tool to add clone character, I add them with the traditional method and still only 9 (sorry I miscounted it before) clone character appear on the css.

here's the screenshot without brawlex css expansion
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


and here's with brawlex css expansion
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: thieftheodore on October 29, 2014, 12:11:38 AM-snip

Oh, I'm sorry. I misread your message. Ok, I'll work on that. Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll have an bugfix update hopefully out soon. Stay tuned!

Quote from: TheGamerKidTy on October 29, 2014, 01:22:40 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I misread your message. Ok, I'll work on that. Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll have an bugfix update hopefully out soon. Stay tuned!
can't wait for the next update that will fixed the issues
on another note, do this pack compatible with adding cosmetics for clone character with brawlex clone tool ?