[LOCKED] (Old thread) Project M D.I.Y. (A Project M + BrawlEx Template)

Started by TheGamerKidTy, October 05, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Do you think I should add Beta versions of Project M D.I.Y. that includes the beta build of BrawlEx?

Yes
No
I don't care
Quote from: thieftheodore on October 31, 2014, 03:55:37 PM
can't wait for the next update that will fixed the issues
on another note, do this pack compatible with adding cosmetics for clone character with brawlex clone tool ?

Hi thief.

Development is going great on the update. It should even be done by today. Would you like me to private message you when the update is complete?

Anyways, yes, it is compatible with adding cosmetics with the clone tool. However, I do not recommend using it because the clone tool is VERY glitchy sometimes. If I were you, I'd use the traditional method. If you are going to use the clone tool, I'd recommend downloading the latest version from here

October 31, 2014, 09:09:23 PM #16 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:23:09 PM by Junior64570
This is awesome! :D
I've been looking for a CLEAN SLATE for who knows how long.
I have a few questions, some of which you might want to put in the F.A.Q:
-Does this come with the custom announcer calls? (E.X. Dedede, Mewtwo, Roy)
-Is there SFX for Mewtwo and Roy?
-What is the "[Official]" in the thread name?

And one more question that's VERY important...
...In a PM. XD

Post Merge: October 31, 2014, 09:23:09 PM

Oh, one more thing:
On the hackless version, there's a folder called "apps" on the root.
What for? I've never experienced anything with this folder, and even on regular P:M Hackless.

...help?

November 01, 2014, 01:55:07 AM #17 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 01:56:47 AM by TheGamerKidTy
Quote from: Junior64570 on October 31, 2014, 09:09:23 PM
This is awesome! :D

Thank you!

Quote from: Junior64570 on October 31, 2014, 09:09:23 PM
-Does this come with the custom announcer calls? (E.X. Dedede, Mewtwo, Roy)
-Is there SFX for Mewtwo and Roy?
-What is the "[Official]" in the thread name?

Yes

Yes

The Official was just to signify that this is the actual page for Project M DIY (along with the Smashboards page) But I see where people could get confused. (Also the Project M team might be thinking I'm advertising it as an official Project M version. So I removed it from the title)

Quote from: Junior64570 on October 31, 2014, 09:09:23 PM
On the hackless version, there's a folder called "apps" on the root.
What for? I've never experienced anything with this folder, and even on regular P:M Hackless.

That's just something that came with the launcher upon hitting the "update" button on the launcher.

Apps folder is removed in the update


Post Merge: November 01, 2014, 01:56:47 AM

The 1.2 bugfix update is out now! Upgrade now to fix bugs in previous version!

A few more questions (also should be in FAQ)
-Does this have Input Assist?
-Does this have Stock Control?
If not, does Handicap function properly? (I tested it in P:M Unbound, and it didn't, so I use it as a scoreboard)

Quote from: Junior64570 on November 02, 2014, 01:23:15 AM
A few more questions (also should be in FAQ)
-Does this have Input Assist?
-Does this have Stock Control?
If not, does Handicap function properly? (I tested it in P:M Unbound, and it didn't, so I use it as a scoreboard)

Input Assist: Yep

Stock Control: Yep


You know, you could just test these things out, right? XD

Post Merge: November 02, 2014, 05:42:10 PM

Yup... another update...

1.3 Bugfix update is out now! Please redownload your favorite version(s) to get the update!

Project M 3.5 Trailer

This update looks cool and all, but all I could think about is how long it's going to take for me to update Project M DIY!! :laugh:

Anyways, thanks for all your support guys! I really do appreciate it!


Your friend,
-Ty

Quote from: TheGamerKidTy on November 12, 2014, 07:51:01 PM
Project M 3.5 Trailer

This update looks cool and all, but all I could think about is how long it's going to take for me to update Project M DIY!! :laugh:

Anyways, thanks for all your support guys! I really do appreciate it!


Your friend,
-Ty

do you also plan to incorporating brawlex v2.0.0.x in your next update ?

Quote from: thieftheodore on November 15, 2014, 10:41:54 AM
do you also plan to incorporating brawlex v2.0.0.x in your next update ?

No. Just because its an unstable build and that would make this even more buggy then it is. However, you CAN use the Beta modules from the 2.0.0 build with the 1.2.0.0 build's config templates and stuff. So if you wanna do that, that's fine

Edit: Now that I think about it, I guess I COULD make a Beta build of Project M DIY...

Quote from: TheGamerKidTy on November 15, 2014, 02:19:50 PM
Edit: Now that I think about it, I guess I COULD make a Beta build of Project M DIY...
that's a neat idea


how far are you guys in decrypting the 3.5 codeset? i remember having to help a bit with that before. we needed to remove all aspects of the clone engine prior to getting BeX to work. i'm looking forward to this. i personally dislike the 3.5 physics but meh thats me lol. i'll just have to do with them if i want the extra modes. most of the modes i'm making i'm trying to make compatible with all versions of smash. so it will make testing so much easier in 3.5 with BeX

Sorry for the late response, I was tied up with personal stuff this past week, so I didn't have much free time. And it seemed like everytime I DID have a chance, the website was down.


As for the question: I don't decrypt the codeset myself.

A guy by the name of the jasgx from the Smash Boards(*) makes the codes. He was nice enough to lend me his codes for the project. He is working on making a new codeset right now and I'm currently waiting for him to lend them to me. Hopefully, that will be soon. But until then, this update is at a stand still.

Question. also will it have Stamina Stock? instant download if it does. love the new stamina modes. makes fun battles.
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


Thank you so much for making this!.

I've been going through the video tutorials to add a character and it's all going pretty well till the guy wants me to open up /pf/info/info.brress (to add character names and mark) and that's missing. I don't want to add his stock file because I'm assuming it might screw with PM.

I was wondering if you moved it somewhere like the selchar_en?

Quote from: Downfall360 on December 05, 2014, 08:26:54 PM
Thank you so much for making this!.

I've been going through the video tutorials to add a character and it's all going pretty well till the guy wants me to open up /pf/info/info.brress (to add character names and mark) and that's missing. I don't want to add his stock file because I'm assuming it might screw with PM.

I was wondering if you moved it somewhere like the selchar_en?

Yes, I noticed that as well. I'm not sure if the file is actually needed, though.

I'll add the files in 2.0, but I can't develop the new version until my friend jasgx from the Smashboards finishes his PM 3.5 codes.