Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please help me add costumes with the BrawlEx Clone Engine  (Read 3371 times)
MrDarthGogeta1
Mega Kitten

Hue

View Profile Awards
« on: November 09, 2014, 01:05:40 PM »

Hi, guys.

I use the BrawlEx Clone engine. I notice when I use the config utility, I can add a costume slot. When I try to add the cosmetics (The CSP, the BP, etc.) after editing Mario's Fighter00.dat (his Fighter Configuration file), the seventh costume wouldn't show. I wonder what I'm doing wrong, but I guess I'll have to start from scratch first.

What exactly do I have to do to get an extra costume to show up? If you can, please help. I want to add a costume to Kirby, as well.

[ñ]

TheGamerKidTy
Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 02:20:58 PM »

I had this same problem. Luckily, someone on the Smashboards helped me out.
    And you don't need to start from scratch

1. Go to your BrawlEx Config Templates and take out the CSSSlot config files for all the characters you want to add costumes for and put them in your CSSSlotConfig folder inside your BrawlEx folder

2. Rename all the files you just copied to remove the name of the character
    Example: Rename "CSSSlot00 [Mario]" to "CSSSlot00"

3. Open up your CSSSlot files in HxD (or some other Hex Editor)

4. Here's where things get tricky..  On the third line down in HxD (or whatever your using) is all the costume color ids and costume file ids and can continue until the end of the fourth line down.

At first, Mario's costume/color ids will look like this:
    Code:
    00 00 09 06 01 03 02 04 08 05 03 02 0C 00

But we need to add your additional costume to the list of IDs. Since it's hard to explain which ones are the color ids and which ones are the costume ids, I made a chart using the power of COLOR!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
    00 00 09 06 01 03 02 04 08 05 03 02 0C 00
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Red= Color ID   Blue= Costume File ID
    Yellow= ALWAYS remember to put that "0C 00" at the end of all the costume/color IDs or else the game will crash

So the Color IDs come first and the Costume file IDs come 2nd. (And then 0C 00 at the end)

So you need to choose a color ID. You CAN use a color id that is already in use, nor does it matter what color you decide to use.

Here is the list of all the color IDs (by Moydow)
    00 - Red

01 - Blue

02 - Yellow

03 - Green

04 - Purple

05 - Light blue

06 - Pink

07 - Brown

08 - Black

09 - White

0A - Orange

0B - Grey

Just put the color id over the 0C

Now comes the Costume ID,

Just simply put the number that you put in the name of your costume file as the Costume ID.
    Put the Costume ID right next to the color ID on the right.

Finally, just add a 0C 00 right after where your new ids are and you should have something like this:
    Code:
    00 00 09 06 01 03 02 04 08 05 03 02 0B 07 0C 00

Save the file and you should be good.

Make sure that the costume ID you added to the CSSSlot file is enabled in the Fighter Config file for that character (If they don't have a fighter file in the Fighter Config folder at the moment, add it like you did with the CSSSlot files)

I know by the time I post this someone would have already posted a solution before me, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Sorry if this was overly complicated. I couldn't think how to explain some things very well.
    If you need anymore help with this, just check out this page or message me.

-Ty

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: