Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help in fixing GBC's and Dot's Bass.exe costume (size, textures)  (Read 2024 times)
sorcerice
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 01, 2014, 11:31:00 PM »

The files:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26336

Hello, I've been messing around with GBC and Dot's awesome Bass.exe costume, mainly because this costume does not work in Project M straight out of the zip file (both in Dolphin as well as the Wii).

I finally got it to work by importing the model as a .DAE and importing it into 3DS Max, and then re-exporting it. Now I can enter a battle without the game freezing. However, I noticed that the costume was too large, and I'd like some help in reducing Bass.exe's size to match that of Ganondorf's. There is also a problem with the textures on his hands and face. Here are some pics of my problem:

Costume too large

Face and glove textures are off

Looking at the .pac file, I saw that the texture pack had this "zerodull" file:

I'm not sure how to fix this problem, because I'm not that great with texture files. I've also looked around for some answers on changing the size of a costume while still keeping the skeleton in proportion, but I've found no answer. Anything I tried had no effect on the costume, and I don't really want this to happen, either:

Can someone help me out, please? This an an amazing costume, but it has a few flaws  Grin

EDIT: Okay so I replaced the zerodull with a PNG file that was a bright green to see what all the file affected. Evidently the zerodull file colors the gloves, and I just need to color them in with the right color. Also notice how Bass's face looks completely normal in BrawlBox preview, but looks terrible in Dolphin/Wii.

However, this leaves me with the now stranger question why Bass's face is messed up in-game, as BrawlBox seems to think that nothing is wrong with his face, but Dolphin and my Wii does. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:31:34 AM by sorcerice » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 08:51:36 AM »

Disable the texture in the preview in BrawlBox; if the gloves are still there, but in different colors, then that means that you should be able to turn what you already turned green into pure alpha, and then the colors will be correct without doing much.

sorcerice
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:15:49 AM »

With that last test I've gotten the gloves to work perfectly fine now, as I just need to put in a white texture for his gloves (zerodull).
    But notice how his face looks totally fine in BrawlBox preview. It does not look like that in Project M. Something's different between BrawlBox and Dolphin/Wii

Right now my problems are his face textures and his size.

For his face, running another test I learned that the way Bass's eyes and face are placed have been altered. Each eye has 4 copies of the BassEyeFS texture, and each half of the face uses the megamanxface texture, but doesn't mirror it. Here's an example:

And here are the BassEyeFS and megamanxface textures I put in hoping to fix the problem:

Notice how one side of Bass's face is going in the right direction, but the other side needs to be reversed (his left cheek has lips on it). There is also deformation in the face texture, as well (the purple isn't supposed to take up that much of his face).

So the problem for the face is now a question of changing how the textures are applied to the eyes and face. I'd like to use the default textures, if possible. Here are the defaults:
    BassEye (Bass's normal eyes that don't show up)

BassEyeFS (Bass's Final Smash eyes; notice how the FS eyes show up on the normal Bass)

megamanxface (notice how the original texture has the whole face, and teeth textures, as well)

I am also still looking for help on modding for size. Does anyone know how to shrink Bass? Again, thanks in advance Smiley
    « Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:33:16 AM by sorcerice » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: