Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ColladaTool Help  (Read 804 times)
Shuv
Intermediate Kitten

The mourners play a melody.

View Profile Awards
« on: February 11, 2015, 10:16:52 AM »

Hello, so I'm making a game right now and I need to have animated character models in the .FBX format. Alongside the .FBX converter by Autodesk, I found a supposed solution for this here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60183.0

My plan was to follow the guide there, and to convert the ending result, which is a .DAE file with a select number of animations, into a .FBX. The problem seems to be that although I don't get any errors, I checked the model in 3 ways and still no signs of any animations, not even in the .DAE file, so I don't believe it's the converter's fault.

What I did was:
1. Downloaded FitFox00.pac and FitFox00.pcs.
2. Opened FitFox00.pac (and tried this whole thing again with .pcs) in BrawlBox. and exported the model in ModelData[0] to a .DAE called FitFox00.dae.
3. Opened FitFoxMotionEtc.pac and exported a few animations.
4. Opened ColladaTool and added all the .Chr0 animations into the que.
5. Added them all to FitFox00.dae.

After I finished everything it said 'Done!' just like in the tutorial!  Undecided
There may be something I'm missing? It seems like people have figured this out before. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would really like to figure this out soon.

Edit: I tried this entire process multiple times, but this last time I tried using BrawlBox 0.68c which is the version used in the tutorial. When I imported the model into 3DS Max this time, instead of seeing the T pose with no animations, 3DS max crashed?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:45:09 AM by Shuv » Logged

Bruh.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: