Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regarding PAL hacks/codes PLEASE HELP  (Read 2949 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: April 20, 2010, 03:49:57 AM »

To put a long story simply, I really need help.  I'm from the PAL region and I put some hacks from the NTSC region onto my SD card (these range from character hacks, to menu hacks to sound hakcs).  I'm able to play and load the game using either Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 or Riivolution but right after I play one match on any mode (even training mode) the game freezes and I have to reset my Wii.  I even tried to get the file replacements for Riivolution but I still come up with the same problems (though it does successfully let me play music which is a plus).

Now I'm new to this whole hacking and PSA things but is there any way I can play with these NTSC characters without my Wii freezing?  Also note that whenever I play as any of these hack characters (for the exception of Phoenix Mario for some reason) they have no voice clips and instead whenever they should make a voice sound they just make a rather ominous low pitched echo (this applies to the attack hack PSA characters, the texture hacks work fine).

Tempo_
    Supreme Kitten

You can't be restrained by common sense!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 04:19:03 PM »

I... don't think you should be using NTSC stuff for a PAL Brawl. There's a reason why the Smash community seperates the two.
    For the PSAs, each file calls up SFX at certain points, but the addresses (?) for the SFX are different for NTSC/PAL Brawl.

Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
    Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
    Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
    Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
    All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
    -kazemaru95421

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

???
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »

For the Freeze? Something may be wrong with the results screen. Do you have a custom PAC for it? if so try to remove that from your SD card and see if itll work then.

But all in all PAL Brawl + NTSC files = Bad news

BUGKILLER23
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 12:02:30 PM »

I'm PAL too and sometimes(but really only sometimes) PSA's are freezing when i use them with together with vertex hakcs or on hacked stages that work for PAL(almost every hacked stage model doesnt do that.Exceptions are: pumpkin hill sse stage,subspace vortex, crisis city but mewtwo2000 fixed that one and some others).

I hope riivolution will handle that.A problem could be that youre using too much codes. A few weeks ago i used file replacement 2.1,pokemon switches,camera acces and the new PAL Rumble Falls code at the same time and my game looked like brawl in the youtube video:This happens when you hack too much in Brawl.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »

No worries now, I just decided to go with the secondary option and download the torrent for the NTSC version of Brawl and use USB loader.  So it's all good  Kirby Dance

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: