Lusamine - Edwguard F SSBB Mods

Started by Edwguard Flows, March 24, 2015, 02:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Lunoz on July 19, 2015, 12:51:50 PM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's done... if there's no need to make changes.

Good work!!! The Onett HD stage looks great. You're going to upload this stage??

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on July 19, 2015, 02:59:40 PM
i think the bug animations are perfect
they are not too distracting
my only complain would be the two pillars looking to blocky, just from previews
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


but its just a minor issue, you dont have to change it

The animation have been improved. Now looks more realistic, you can try this stage tomorrow!!
I don't know what do you mean with "blocky" xD


Quote from: Program on July 19, 2015, 07:20:11 PM
So, Nintendo decided to use the exact same UV mapping for the old stage as the new one if I understood correctly... Lazy Nintendo!

I wanted an opinion on something that has to do with Yoshi 64. Do we like the new floor texture? I wanted it to look really clean and geometrical, however, I want to make sure I don't lose the "feel" that the original had.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Oh men, this HD textures are amazing!! This chain looks very good. I like this blue floor texture
but maybe is too "clean"... I don't know. Anyway, good work!

Quote from: Edwguard Flows on July 19, 2015, 11:20:15 PM
Good work!!! The Onett HD stage looks great. You're going to upload this stage??

Thank you very much and yes, I'm going to upload it. I just need to make a NTSC version, because I'm PAL. The NTSC version of the Onett stage has a higher filesize for some reason.

Quote from: Program on July 19, 2015, 07:20:11 PM
So, Nintendo decided to use the exact same UV mapping for the old stage as the new one if I understood correctly... Lazy Nintendo!

Yeah, they're just resized.

July 20, 2015, 10:30:56 AM #47 Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:03:00 PM by Edwguard Flows
Quote from: Lunoz on July 20, 2015, 07:57:27 AM
Thank you very much and yes, I'm going to upload it. I just need to make a NTSC version, because I'm PAL. The NTSC version of the Onett stage has a higher filesize for some reason.

I'm PAL too, but I work with the NTSC version directly. I hear that the Project M team were working in a Pal version but until then ...

Post Merge: July 20, 2015, 07:03:00 PM


Quote from: Edwguard Flows on July 20, 2015, 10:30:56 AM
I'm PAL too, but I work with the NTSC version directly. I hear that the Project M team were working in a Pal version but until then ...

That's probably going to take a while. Because they don't know how PAL's coding works or something...

Onett HD is uploaded!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209112

Great stage! I just tried it and It's awesome, I love the Kihunters they're awesome. It's a little busy, however, that's probably because the past three weeks I've almost exclusively been playing Yoshi 64 (it's a pretty calm and mundane stage).

P.S. I almost forgot that also liked the metal technique you used. I always just use a SpecMap, so I'll have to try using projection sometime.

Quote from: Lunoz on July 20, 2015, 11:02:32 PM
That's probably going to take a while. Because they don't know how PAL's coding works or something...

Onett HD is uploaded!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209112

Great!! If you prefer, I could add your stage in the first page with the others remastered stages...

Quote from: Program on July 20, 2015, 11:50:36 PM
Great stage! I just tried it and It's awesome, I love the Kihunters they're awesome. It's a little busy, however, that's probably because the past three weeks I've almost exclusively been playing Yoshi 64 (it's a pretty calm and mundane stage).

P.S. I almost forgot that also liked the metal technique you used. I always just use a SpecMap, so I'll have to try using projection sometime.

Thank you!! This stage has taken me a lot of time... but now it's released!! This metal projection is soo cool and difficult to apply xD

I'm loving Ultimate Brinstar, and I'd say it's probably just that recent experience that Program had that's making him think it looks busy. Could you make SSS images for it? The drab old Brinstar doesn't give a very fair preview of the stage now.

Brinstar certainly looks better than before. So, there is no reason to use the original one. Would be nice to see someone remake n64 Brinstar, but it would require pretty much throwing out and replacing everything from the stage.

Quote from: Edwguard Flows on July 21, 2015, 02:31:26 AM
Great!! If you prefer, I could add your stage in the first page with the others remastered stages...

Thanks and sure!

Quote from: PseudoTypical on July 21, 2015, 02:46:23 AM
I'm loving Ultimate Brinstar, and I'd say it's probably just that recent experience that Program had that's making him think it looks busy. Could you make SSS images for it? The drab old Brinstar doesn't give a very fair preview of the stage now.

Hahaha, thanks!! I thought this stage deserved more quality. It looked like a old beta stage, without a lights and shadows system and with poor textures and materials. I have forgotten do the SSS images. Well this doesn't be a problem, I will do it soon.

Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 21, 2015, 03:14:28 AM
Brinstar certainly looks better than before. So, there is no reason to use the original one. Would be nice to see someone remake n64 Brinstar, but it would require pretty much throwing out and replacing everything from the stage.

Yeah!! Now the stage looks decent. After months of work, I could finish it. I did my best!!
The N64 Planet Zebes needs a complete remastering , including new polygons and materials. I try to replace the acid with my acid material from ultimate brinstar and it isn't bad at all.

I thought about making Summit HD after Onett HD... hmm
I'm so going to use that Brinstar HD (aka Ultimate Brinstar), aswell as Saffron City HD and Yoshi's Island 64 HD. They're great looking!

So, I made these really quickly in case somebody wants to use them. They're not great, however, they'll do until someone else makes so better ones.


Quote from: Program on July 21, 2015, 10:22:47 PM
So, I made these really quickly in case somebody wants to use them. They're not great, however, they'll do until someone else makes so better ones.



Thank you Program. I just finish the SSS and I uploaded both images with the stages in the rar archive. Anyway, also they can use yours pic too.

No problem, they only took a second to make. I just posted them in case you didn't have time to make yours for a while.
So, I thought it would be cool to make a version of Yoshi 64 over Smashville or Shadow Moses. That way I could have different times of day, however, when I went to change the stage lighting it crashes the stage. I've changed stage lighting on other stages just fine, but this one crashes every time for no reason. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? If so let me know.

July 22, 2015, 05:06:04 AM #59 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:14:45 AM by Lunoz
Quote from: Program on July 22, 2015, 01:39:33 AM
So, I thought it would be cool to make a version of Yoshi 64 over Smashville or Shadow Moses. That way I could have different times of day, however, when I went to change the stage lighting it crashes the stage. I've changed stage lighting on other stages just fine, but this one crashes every time for no reason. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? If so let me know.

It could perhaps be due to the filesize limit..? This will probably be pretty off-topic but I made a hack over Snake.
Quote from: Lunoz on July 21, 2015, 04:51:43 PMI tried to fix them.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The legs still look a little sharp in some animations but w/e. I'm fine with that.

When I renamed a bone.. it crashed, but I fixed it when I tried to resize some textures. You should maybe try that too.

Edit; Otherwise it could be that the stage doesn't work over Smashville or Shadow Moses (if you tried it over one of them).