Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M Crashes and Infinitely Loads After Replacing Character Portraits  (Read 2336 times)
Sakari
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 20, 2015, 06:02:43 PM »

I was hoping someone could help or at least identify the problem I'm having. I began to replace some character models from the Patt's Edition version of PM as I liked one or two of the characters and wanted them in and, after I'd replaced all the models I made sure to test them all and they all worked perfectly fine. After deciding, hey, it's kind of annoying counting through each costume to find a specific character model, I decided I wanted to replace the portraits as well. So as I was doing that, I replaced Mario's character portraits so some of the corresponding pictures, and, at first, it seemed to work except when I decided to pull up three Mario's on the character select screen, it crashed, but before that, I could play matches. After I tested it again to see if that itself was the problem, it worked fine, but then as I went to the stage select screen, after I picked my stage, it started to infinitely load.

It didn't freeze, because in the past when it did there would be a blank noise coming from the TV of whatever note the song was on or sound effect and it would draw out infinitely, and I couldn't restart it, but I could restart it when it infinitely loads, so it doesn't actually freeze.

There's also another issue that I have that's unrelated, but I cannot open SSS editor and I've read a few posts about it but nothing I do seems to work, so, it would be appreciated to have some help with that as well.

*UPDATE*

I might have found the cause of the problem which is completely unrelated. I decided to head over to the Update tab when you first start up Project M to see if there were any updates, and, there was. So I hit yes and I decided to download it as it was one of the programming files or something, and, before it finished downloading it said the internet wasn't working (because I have a horrible connection and the wifi doesn't reach well), and then it proceeded to crash because of it. So I'm thinking it might have changed/removed one or more files around and that's caused problems with how the game loads and runs. I believe it was the Updater but I honestly do not remember. Regardless, when I get time, I will save the files and what not and I will redownload project M then replace them with those files and see if I still have this problem.

I know it's a little weird to update something that no one's read, but, even so. Just in case it works and solves the problem, I will promptly take down this forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a disclaimer; I wasn't trying to like market it as my own sort of version of PM, I just felt like it needed a few changes here and there to spice up the game play.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only program that I used to change the character models and portraits around were Character Costume Manager from the Brawl Manager collection of files, as well as later on editing the portrait for in battle with Paint to refit it and make a new image for it.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:16:25 PM by Sakari » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: