Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bone Transplants.  (Read 1891 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 01, 2010, 04:42:51 PM »

How/Why will is ever/never be possible. If transplants for small body parts like the hands could be done, more doors would open, but then there is the vertex weights that make it so much more impossible. Character from games like TvC could have poseable finger, meaning the quality-mucking fact they have to switch polygons to change their hands (if at all) could be remedied. Characters like Toad, or others who do not have poseable fingers would be able to have fingers to move, and it would be a great benefit for character hacking.

What are the biggest obstacles? What are the simplest solutions to them (if any), and what could possibly be accomplished now?

Discuss.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 10:00:59 AM »

Nobody wants to discuss this? At all?

That surprises me. Despite what disasters could befall, why wouldn't anyone dare to try exploring this?

If we can make a model from scratch in something like Maya, what says we can't rig bones to the bone tree? After all, that model would need to have bones rigged to it before it could be used, so I don't see why we can't do that same for models from other games by converting them into a file format that can allow for bone tree editing.Many people have said before that it isn't possible...What if it is, but we just haven't found a way to do it yet, like so many other things in Brawl Hacking?

The bigger obstacle to this would be the following: Having to take away as many bones as you give. We can't give a character too many bones, otherwise, glitches and crashes are likely to occur. This could cause problems in the long run, such as ruining the quality of animations that used bones that are no longer there.

There is so much to explore with this topic!
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 10:05:27 AM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

They're evil, all over the world.

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »

This has been tried before and no one has succeeded, but granted yes it would be a huge step.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »

i may as well throw out my opinion since i've looked a bit into bone adding before...

it would be wonderful to be able to put bones where we want and attach them to where we want, but there's a large problem.  i'll use the example of giving characters finger bones that dont have any to begin with.  say we do find a method to do such, but how would the model's fingers move?  the hand is stuck as it is, because if they dont already have finger bones, then the fingers are just textured on.  look at Toad and Waluigi, their hands are just a single polygon.  even if bones are added, you'd then have to vertex hack actual fingers, and then somehow attach the bones to that polygon.

the problem isn't necessarily adding real bones (not the bones from the bone adder, those are only half bones) to a model's bone structure, it's how to attach the bones to the correct polygon and part of the model.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: