Project Wolf Link

Started by windhunter7, June 07, 2015, 11:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 50 Guests are viewing this topic.

Which Brawl fighter should I replace so that both Link and Wolf Link can be played? Hint: Zelda fighters are not on the list for a reason. Please read the post first.

Bowser
2 (1.9%)
Captain Falcon
2 (1.9%)
Charizard
0 (0%)
Diddy Kong
4 (3.7%)
Donkey Kong
0 (0%)
Falco
1 (0.9%)
Fox
0 (0%)
Ice Climbers
2 (1.9%)
Ike
2 (1.9%)
Ivysaur
8 (7.4%)
Jigglypuff (Note: I accidentally forgot to put King Dedede here, so he's at the bottom of the list instead.)
6 (5.6%)
Kirby
0 (0%)
Lucario
5 (4.6%)
Lucas
1 (0.9%)
Mario
3 (2.8%)
Marth
1 (0.9%)
Meta Knight
1 (0.9%)
Mr. Game & Watch
5 (4.6%)
Ness
3 (2.8%)
Olimar
18 (16.7%)
Pikachu
1 (0.9%)
Pit
9 (8.3%)
R.O.B.
5 (4.6%)
Samus
1 (0.9%)
Snake
2 (1.9%)
Sonic
1 (0.9%)
Squirtle
1 (0.9%)
Wario
1 (0.9%)
Wolf
13 (12%)
Yoshi
3 (2.8%)
Zero-Suit Samus
3 (2.8%)
King Dedede
4 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 107

June 07, 2015, 11:02:17 PM Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 03:28:53 AM by windhunter7
*Last Update to This Thread was: July 20, 2018
The thread update was: Adding a new note that Project Wolf Link is now separate from Project Recolor, as PR will now only be the games themselves and not also including Brawl imports, necessarily.

*Please note: The only reason that there are all these spoilers is to keep the post well-organized; if you click on all the spoilers, aside from the pictures(Which are in individual spoilers), it's not very long at all, especially since some of the spoilers have extremely short posts.*


What is this project?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


About updates to this thread, and how to subscribe:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


List of stuff to do:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Why Blender?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Why Wolf Link?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Details about the import

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Details about the PSA

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


How you can help

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FAQ

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Project Recolor Summary

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


                         Wolf Link and Midna
                         

I hope you write that Blender tutorial. I'm not fond of Autodesk or Maya.
SmashX Mod. Coming to a Wii near you.

I hope so, too, of course! :)

Imagine how many more importers we'll get if Blender can be used.

Nice, I've been waiting for someone to attempt to make a Wolf Link import and PSA.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Mine is over Link. link will have a custom down-b to change to wolf link. this will use brawl ex

Wait1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Run:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Attack 11:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I played this one Smash Bros Game that Link's final smash was changing into Wolf Link. Mabye that would work for his final smash--just a thought. Also, his Down-B can be some king of dig move which he can generate an item, plus, his Up-B can use some kind of teleport object like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I can't wait to see which Wolf Link comes out first!
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

June 09, 2015, 09:08:26 PM #6 Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:16:05 PM by windhunter7
Quote from: Onii-chan on June 09, 2015, 08:32:46 PM
Mine is over Link. link will have a custom down-b to change to wolf link. this will use brawl ex

When you say "Mine is over Link" and you have screenshots of him in BrawlBox, does that mean that you imported it without releasing it on the Vault? Or does it mean that you released it on the Vault recently at all? Also, if so, is it a perfect import, including metal, FS eyes, and faces, using Blender? Because using Blender is my main goal here, so that I can import other characters, as well as so that other people who want to use Blender can import characters. Though, Wolf Link's PSA plus the import would still be a very important goal.

Quote from: Araragiリンク on June 09, 2015, 08:44:33 PM
I played this one Smash Bros Game that Link's final smash was changing into Wolf Link. Mabye that would work for his final smash--just a thought. Also, his Down-B can be some king of dig move which he can generate an item, plus, his Up-B can use some kind of teleport object like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I can't wait to see which Wolf Link comes out first!

I kinda already had an idea for his(Wolf Link's) Final Smash, though, and Wolf Link is gonna transform to Link via Down-B, same with Link.(Nobody uses his bombs, anyway) As for the dig, I already had that as like his B or something like that. Though, you did give me an idea that maybe in addition to rupees and hearts, he can dig up Brawl items. Gonna add that as an idea to the OP now. I also already had that same idea for his Up-B, too! :)

Hopefully, I can fix the bug I'm currently experiencing with testing the size by testing a quick-and-simple import, and then the rest will be much easier.(For the importing of him when he's finished, anyway)

June 09, 2015, 10:56:58 PM #7 Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:59:50 PM by Leon Exodio
Quote from: windhunter7 on June 09, 2015, 09:08:26 PM
When you say "Mine is over Link" and you have screenshots of him in BrawlBox, does that mean that you imported it without releasing it on the Vault? Or does it mean that you released it on the Vault recently at all? Also, if so, is it a perfect import, including metal, FS eyes, and faces, using Blender? Because using Blender is my main goal here, so that I can import other characters, as well as so that other people who want to use Blender can import characters. Though, Wolf Link's PSA plus the import would still be a very important goal.
you dont need blender to port a psa or model all you really need is only bb and just to edit the bone offsets of the model to the psa i even have a tutorial on youtube about this and his psa is not even out its been in the works for a while now but as far as i know he and the (team) he is with has not fully announced it but his wolf link psa has everything metal and FS eyes as for the faces im not sure on that i would have to find the model he has on my pc somewhere and see

June 09, 2015, 11:26:53 PM #8 Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:49:57 PM by Araragiリンク
Oh, I watched the tutorial. And because of it, that was the start of my personal Kirby over Marth PSA. I even found a way to make him compatible with BB PSA. He actually worked! Thank you for the tutorial.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

June 10, 2015, 01:17:58 AM #9 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:22:06 AM by windhunter7
Quote from: Leon Exodio on June 09, 2015, 10:56:58 PM
you dont need blender to port a psa or model all you really need is only bb and just to edit the bone offsets of the model to the psa i even have a tutorial on youtube about this and his psa is not even out its been in the works for a while now but as far as i know he and the (team) he is with has not fully announced it but his wolf link psa has everything metal and FS eyes as for the faces im not sure on that i would have to find the model he has on my pc somewhere and see

"Import", NOT "Port". And I really wanted to learn to import myself, especially since the Model Requests probably aren't granted that often anyway, especially since I wanted to import obscure characters like Ilia and Ashei and Barnes and many other characters from the Zelda franchise, in addition to my favorites from many other games. It would be ridiculous to request literally hundreds of imports if I can import myself; not to mention that lots of people could use a tutorial on how to import with Blender, which is my highest priority of this thread.(With next highest being the import, and third highest being the PSA) Wolf Link just happened to be among one of the ones I planned on importing; it's just that he's the only one I KNEW didn't have any creations of in the Brawl Vault.(I know; I literally checked the entire vault and bookmarked all entries with working links of anything character-related. Muhahaha! XD )

Post Merge: June 10, 2015, 01:19:33 AM

P.S. Sorry for the long post; I just wanted to get my point across how import the ability to import with Blender and NOT 3DS Max or Maya or anything else that's student-free or pay-to-get is to me, and others.

Post Merge: June 10, 2015, 01:22:06 AM

Also, because I know how to delete polygons in BrawlBox, I can save time by making a lot of imports over one character, and then make copies of the file and delete the polygons that aren't of the character for each file.

This sounds awesome, Windhunter! If you want, I could make a recolor or two... Also, what character is it going to be over? That will change PSA's, animations, etc. So it would be nice to know (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song :D

June 10, 2015, 03:18:20 PM #11 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 03:30:12 PM by windhunter7
I have already planned on making the recolors: Project Recolor recolors! :D (a darker version of the colors, though, as Wolf Link is dark in color; kind of like the reverse effect of my Peter Pan texture Project Recolor recolors)

And he's going to be over whomever is selected in the poll(Unless there's an extremely large amount of one option and only like 1 of another), and since I want his Down-B to transform into Link, but his PSA will be based primarily off of Link's, his PSA will be over Link, and I'll .rel port him over a useless character, and I'd like people's opinions as to whom to replace. I'm sure not many people play as R.O.B., so I'll make him replace R.O.B. unless I get other input.(I'll still replace R.O.B.; I'll just simply add additional optional .rels)

Post Merge: June 10, 2015, 03:30:12 PM

Ooh, I can finally add a FAQ! :D

Could you possibly make a project M version of it too??

And this sounds really cool!

June 11, 2015, 02:53:30 AM #13 Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:53:28 AM by windhunter7
Yup! Also, gonna add that question to the FAQ! :P

Post Merge: June 11, 2015, 03:03:45 AM

Btw, I can't yet manage to succesfully import a single-boned non-textured single-object model in-game in order to check what size is required and if I got the rotation correct, so what I'm gonna do is import Link, with the rigging that Brawl has on him(Yes, I can import the textured model already rigged, but I have to do each individual polygon separately because of a glitch with Brres Viewer, so it may take a while), test to see if it freezes, if it does I'll make sure every setting in the entire MDL0 in BrawlBox is IDENTICAL to the original Link and test if it freezes, and if still not, I can still try opening both up in Notepad to recognize any inconsistencies.

This'll work a lot better to test importing models, as this I can compare to something else. Also, after I successfully import it, I'll figure out if the scale is the appropriate scale when I was guessing, and if so, I'm going to post progress on how much I learned about rotation, etc. I'll also move onto the next step when I am able to do that.(If the scale is not correct, I'll just take note of it so I know the real scale)

Post Merge: June 12, 2015, 02:53:28 AM

I slightly changed my mind; I'll do exactly what I said above, only instead of normal Link, I'll have just Link's BodyA polygon, and test copying that rig in Blender and then to BrawlBox and comparing, since his BodyA has only 1 polygon, 1 texture, and isn't very complex, so it'll be much easier to handle than Link as a whole, especially with me being confused about how the eyes are set up in BrawlBox. But then again, if this works successfully, I won't have to worry about how it's set up in BrawlBox, because I'll be rigging it in Blender. ;D

Quote from: windhunter7 on June 10, 2015, 01:17:58 AM
"Import", NOT "Port".

the model was imported from twilight princess and ported to link and was rigged over ivysaur

Quote from: windhunter7 on June 09, 2015, 09:08:26 PM
When you say "Mine is over Link" and you have screenshots of him in BrawlBox, does that mean that you imported it without releasing it on the Vault? Or does it mean that you released it on the Vault recently at all? Also, if so, is it a perfect import, including metal, FS eyes, and faces, using Blender? Because using Blender is my main goal here, so that I can import other characters, as well as so that other people who want to use Blender can import characters. Though, Wolf Link's PSA plus the import would still be a very important goal.

i didnt release it on the vault because it isnt done. and you could just check my vault. duh. and it is a "perfect import." the model was rigged over ivysaur with edited bones to support midna, the tail, the jaw, etc. then i ported the model to link and edited the bone data in the fitlink.pac to work with the model


after reading all your posts here (which was difficult to do) i have concluded you dont know what you are doing
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.