Project Wolf Link

Started by windhunter7, June 07, 2015, 11:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Brawl fighter should I replace so that both Link and Wolf Link can be played? Hint: Zelda fighters are not on the list for a reason. Please read the post first.

Bowser
2 (1.9%)
Captain Falcon
2 (1.9%)
Charizard
0 (0%)
Diddy Kong
4 (3.7%)
Donkey Kong
0 (0%)
Falco
1 (0.9%)
Fox
0 (0%)
Ice Climbers
2 (1.9%)
Ike
2 (1.9%)
Ivysaur
8 (7.4%)
Jigglypuff (Note: I accidentally forgot to put King Dedede here, so he's at the bottom of the list instead.)
6 (5.6%)
Kirby
0 (0%)
Lucario
5 (4.6%)
Lucas
1 (0.9%)
Mario
3 (2.8%)
Marth
1 (0.9%)
Meta Knight
1 (0.9%)
Mr. Game & Watch
5 (4.6%)
Ness
3 (2.8%)
Olimar
18 (16.7%)
Pikachu
1 (0.9%)
Pit
9 (8.3%)
R.O.B.
5 (4.6%)
Samus
1 (0.9%)
Snake
2 (1.9%)
Sonic
1 (0.9%)
Squirtle
1 (0.9%)
Wario
1 (0.9%)
Wolf
13 (12%)
Yoshi
3 (2.8%)
Zero-Suit Samus
3 (2.8%)
King Dedede
4 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 107

In the game, during twlight or other times, Midna goes far away from wolf link and wolf link jumps all the way to her. Maybe that could be the Up Special for your Wolf Link!


(if u played the game, u know what I mean)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Though I said that I would not "necropost", this is technically kind of a question, so I have an answer to it in the FAQ.

Also, just a note (to everyone) that I have not ceased development on this project. I'm just really busy right now with college, work, and many requests. I still have 11 immediate requests left, plus the old ones that I still haven't finished, which there are about 5 big ones of, and THEN I can resume on this project.

dont worry about being inactive for so long i never though you stopped work, just get the important stuff out of the way and keep up the good work when you have time. i support this project all the way ;)

June 05, 2016, 01:48:51 PM #63 Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:57:22 PM by The Demon
Thank you for putting me on the main screen, Windhunter7. I understand with all of the work and college, it is hard to find time to do this project. Don't worry though, you have a lot of supporters, along with me  :kdance:

Post Merge: June 05, 2016, 01:57:22 PM

Also, for B, it could take a while to get a heart, and it only heals 7% of the health, so wouldn't it make the move useless? Not being mean, just saying. Maybe around 15% would be more appropriate?
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Maybe; I'll test balancing when I get to the PSA to determine the exact percentage and chance of getting them that would be not OP.

June 05, 2016, 08:31:47 PM #65 Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:37:54 PM by The Demon
Have an idea for B: Around 60% you will get a rupee, which won't do anything like you said, 35% you will find a heart, which will decrease 1/20 of your damage percentage, and 5%, you will find a heart container. (The reason it heals 1/20 of the health is because you get maximum of 20 hearts in the game.)

Post Merge: June 05, 2016, 08:37:54 PM

If it's impossible, then lets just stick to 15% or whatever
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Maybe, but the problem with that is, in Brawl, a Heart Container, which heals all hearts in TP, only heals 100% in Brawl. So it would have to heal 5-7% HP(depending on how many hearts I count as the character has; I figured 7 just because it seems more balanced and is a nicer number, IMO) I think I will make it more balanced, though, but I'm not going to update my info on the PSA until after I at the very least start to make it.

You got it, man.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I remember when SSBB was in development, and Nintendo Power still existed, they had a preview article for Brawl, and said something like, "Link in Brawl is based on his Twilight Princess design, where he can turn into a wolf. It is currently unknown if a lupine transformation is part of his new moveset." It wasn't, now it might be! :D

Quote from: Daveybird on June 06, 2016, 12:28:02 AM
I remember when SSBB was in development, and Nintendo Power still existed, they had a preview article for Brawl, and said something like, "Link in Brawl is based on his Twilight Princess design, where he can turn into a wolf. It is currently unknown if a lupine transformation is part of his new moveset." It wasn't, now it might be! :D
yea its cool

agreed
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

wait, if wolf link is over zero suit samus, doesn't that mean that link would have to be ported over samus

or is that the other way around?
Simple mod tester, at your service

Excellent question, and the answer is a possible yes, meaning that if I did .rel port Wolf Link over Zero-Suit, I'd just have to make Samus' FS different. A similar thing would be the case with Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik.

Doesn't really matter, though, because the majority of people said that Olimar should be the one replaced, and he doesn't have a character he transforms into.

Quote from: windhunter7 on June 30, 2016, 07:52:25 PM
Excellent question, and the answer is a possible yes, meaning that if I did .rel port Wolf Link over Zero-Suit, I'd just have to make Samus' FS different. A similar thing would be the case with Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik.

Doesn't really matter, though, because the majority of people said that Olimar should be the one replaced, and he doesn't have a character he transforms into.
well actually youd just haft to disable to transformation part of the final smash...wait people want to replace Olimar? i know he's not the best in brawl but what about project M?...ugh well i could always make a clone if i could figuer out to to do that without the missing clone tool

Ivysaur seems to be the most appropriate choice for me. Just stop all of the pokemons from switching.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)