PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!

Started by Sirkura, July 19, 2015, 12:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SylveonPlaysSSB on May 16, 2016, 08:44:27 PM
Is there a guide to editing CSSSlot so you can change the oreder to how you want?

You actually want the roster.dat. it determins order. The BeX thread tells you how to do it and gives you the tools needed.

I have a question, there isn't any Slot ID for Ganondorf. Does he not need this to make a clone?

Quote from: SSBfangamer on May 22, 2016, 11:58:16 AM
I have a question, there isn't any Slot ID for Ganondorf. Does he not need this to make a clone?
He should have one. i'll look into it. it may be missing from the download.

Ok, this might be a weird request... but can someone make a pack for me? I've tried BrawlEx before, and I've tried it with this, but it never works.. so could someone set one up for me? I just need the clones, I can add the movesets and all, but I just need someone to set it up. I need at least
two link clones,
one toon link clone,
one Zelda clone (If thats possible)
one ness
one lucas
One Captain Falcon
one ike and
one marth

If someone could make this, which they probably won't, i would be really thankful

Im a fairly new hacker here on the vault. Csp, texture, Css, sss, battle portraits, i will take requests for those. (once in a while stage editor parts)

Quote from: ALM5252 on May 23, 2016, 06:06:01 PM
Add him as an L-Loading Alt like Giga Bowser or Wario-Man.

http://smashboards.com/threads/pyotrluzhins-lab.434012/
I got a question,
Can you use L-loading to make the character having custom colors? (ex. Blue, Red, Yellow, etc.)

Quote from: Charx on June 18, 2016, 01:27:38 AM
I got a question,
Can you use L-loading to make the character having custom colors? (ex. Blue, Red, Yellow, etc.)

Yes and no. it maps a clone to an existing slot and loads it by holding a shield button. so you could copy a PSA and files over the original and just alter the costumes. however there is a way to add extra alt colors in the same fashion PM did it. also there are tutorials how to expand the roster to 10 costumes each (and 12-14 are being worked on)

here is a tutorial i personally use. he also has all the configs set up for 10 costumes (honestly never tried those with PM, i recomend changing it from scratch so you know how anyway for clones)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.0

Hi. I have two questions.

I saw that you guys updated your build. That's awesome but if I want to continue using the files I already have would I have to replace everything from the previous version of the build that I'm using in order to update it or are there certain files that I can replace to gain the improvements in the current version? Such as the RSBE01.gct.

Another one is regarding the ASL code. Does it fully work with this build because I've have tried to use the ASL tool but it says that the code is not there and when I try to set it up it doesn't work on the specific stage and the other stages do not work. Is there something special I have to do for this build? Or is it just project M in general? I had the idea that I would have to set it up for every stage using the ASL tool but I just wanted to check here first.
Forget the reason that we hack,
oddly enough I don't even know why I started

Quote from: EnKaYea on June 19, 2016, 01:10:57 AM
Hi. I have two questions.

I saw that you guys updated your build. That's awesome but if I want to continue using the files I already have would I have to replace everything from the previous version of the build that I'm using in order to update it or are there certain files that I can replace to gain the improvements in the current version? Such as the RSBE01.gct.

Another one is regarding the ASL code. Does it fully work with this build because I've have tried to use the ASL tool but it says that the code is not there and when I try to set it up it doesn't work on the specific stage and the other stages do not work. Is there something special I have to do for this build? Or is it just project M in general? I had the idea that I would have to set it up for every stage using the ASL tool but I just wanted to check here first.

Try using this tutorial. I used it just now and it works just fine! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAN09n6iGg

Quote from: Charx on June 18, 2016, 02:52:52 PM
Thanks but I actually meant if there's a way to alter the Hold Z for Dark Characters v2 (Emerald Spectrum) code to make it a custom color. I personally want the colors to go between Blue and Green.

Here is the code:
C268478C 00000013
91220018 9142001C
7C7D1B78 801801B4
2C000000 41820060
801801DC 2C000000
41800054 2C0000F0
4182004C 39200001
3C60805A A143003A
7D290030 7D2A5039
40820034 80630040
540A3032 7C635214
8803027C 80630244
7C000775 40820018
38000010 7C600039
4182000C 38600001
48000008 38600000
3DE00004 61EF3AD8
7C6FA12E 81220018
8142001C 7FA3EB78
60000000 00000000
4A000000 90180F20
300436F8 00000001
1000009D 0000000C
100000B3 00000008
100000B2 00000001
E0000000 80008000
4A000000 90180F7C
300436F8 00000001
1000009D 0000000C
100000B3 00000008
100000B2 00000001
E0000000 80008000
4A000000 90180FD8
300436F8 00000001
1000009D 0000000C
100000B3 00000008
100000B2 00000001
E0000000 80008000
4A000000 90181034
300436F8 00000001
1000009D 0000000C
100000B3 00000008
100000B2 00000001
E0000000 80008000

Technically emerald is just another costume used for subspace. it should be possible to just switch out a "fit[char]dark.pac/pcs"  and load what ever you want. same with fake characters.

Quote from: EnKaYea on June 19, 2016, 01:10:57 AM
Hi. I have two questions.

I saw that you guys updated your build. That's awesome but if I want to continue using the files I already have would I have to replace everything from the previous version of the build that I'm using in order to update it or are there certain files that I can replace to gain the improvements in the current version? Such as the RSBE01.gct.

Another one is regarding the ASL code. Does it fully work with this build because I've have tried to use the ASL tool but it says that the code is not there and when I try to set it up it doesn't work on the specific stage and the other stages do not work. Is there something special I have to do for this build? Or is it just project M in general? I had the idea that I would have to set it up for every stage using the ASL tool but I just wanted to check here first.


ASL works but the tool is only partially compatible. due to the changes in code i believe.  one thing you can do is make a new ASL code with the tool in a blank .txt file and add stages. then manually copy the stage data to the BeX one. the core coding should be the same aside the pointers.

Quote from: Sirkura on June 28, 2016, 05:59:54 AM
Technically emerald is just another costume used for subspace. it should be possible to just switch out a "fit[char]dark.pac/pcs"  and load what ever you want. same with fake characters.

ASL works but the tool is only partially compatible. due to the changes in code i believe.  one thing you can do is make a new ASL code with the tool in a blank .txt file and add stages. then manually copy the stage data to the BeX one. the core coding should be the same aside the pointers.
I just tried it with a character and it did not work. I tried it with Captain Falcon. Does the method you gave me works for all characters in the game or the only ones that have their dark costume for the Subspace Emissary in Brawl that is in the disk?

Quote from: Charx on June 29, 2016, 10:51:44 PM
I just tried it with a character and it did not work. I tried it with Captain Falcon. Does the method you gave me works for all characters in the game or the only ones that have their dark costume for the Subspace Emissary in Brawl that is in the disk?

By default only ones that have those costumes i believe. however by ex editing you may be able to redirect BeX to an emerald costume. but i don't know exactly how you would do that myself. someone in the official BeX thread may know. i know its possible to get 14 costumes total for some characters. so they have definately looked into it.

So I have a major issue, so I was trying to add a new Clone but whenever I loaded my PM+BEx build on Dolphin it read the configs as Invalid Read, I've added quite a few other clones with no issues but for some reason this time didn't work. Any idea what happened or how I could fix it?
Wanna battle me in Pokémon or Sm4sh 3DS?
Add me then! FC:0989-2835-1270
PM me your FC after adding me!

Quote from: SylveonPlaysSSB on July 01, 2016, 01:29:15 PM
So I have a major issue, so I was trying to add a new Clone but whenever I loaded my PM+BEx build on Dolphin it read the configs as Invalid Read, I've added quite a few other clones with no issues but for some reason this time didn't work. Any idea what happened or how I could fix it?

Check that your VSD hasn't gone over 2 gigs. dolphin simply stops loading files from ithits the 2G mark.

nope it still had 175 MB left open
Wanna battle me in Pokémon or Sm4sh 3DS?
Add me then! FC:0989-2835-1270
PM me your FC after adding me!

Quote from: SylveonPlaysSSB on July 03, 2016, 02:00:12 PM
nope it still had 175 MB left open

it actually cuts off slightly before it is full. you can try deleting music temorarily to see if it resolves it. otherwise it is an issue on your configs.