Gamecube/Wii Stage Ripping (Taking Requests!)

Started by HeartlessSeph, July 26, 2015, 09:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: HeartlessSeph on July 27, 2015, 12:31:43 AM
Haha, it seems you misunderstood. I was under the impression you wanted the model for yourself. I won't mind making it though, the Pikmin stages currently available for Brawl are incredibly simple. Having more Pikmin-esque elements in a stage seems a good way to make it stand out. Of course, I need to take my time if I'm making the stages. The ones I'm currently focusing on are Adventure Mushroom Kingdom and The Black Knight's battle room from Path of Radiance.

Maybe I should redefine the OP to avoid any confusion honestly.

Oh, I'm sorry. I totally thought you were just looking to pump out some simple stages using pre-existing assets. I definitely don't want to halt your work. Aha, admittedly I've been busy too with my projects. I totally understand :) Don't worry about the stage. I'm not in a position to make it, so never mind then. Obviously, feel free to use the idea in any way you want, but now that I understand and all, I won't bother you about it. Thanks anyway :) Good luck!
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

July 27, 2015, 03:12:59 AM #16 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:30:46 AM by HeartlessSeph
You know, that suggestion about the models resource just might be a better alternative to just uploading it directly normally for those who want the models. Don't know why I never thought of that, considering that's where I get models most of the time.

@Nebulon Don't worry about it man. I wouldn't mind at least attempting it. It's not a request thread for no reason.

July 27, 2015, 03:28:57 AM #17 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:02:03 PM by PseudoTypical
So long as you let us know about the stuff now, I'll be happy. :) Might as well share the stuff with everyone, right?

EDIT: For another thing, could you rip some of the old Melee items? The Ray Gun and Beam Sword specifically haven't been ripped yet. Maybe the Parasol too...

July 29, 2015, 11:04:55 PM #18 Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:32:23 PM by HeartlessSeph
Here for an update on Mushroom Kingdom. Made the collisions fit the stage correctly and also imported assets from Mewtwo2000's Peach's Castle. Just need to fix the lighting and the lack of Peach's castle in the background which shouldn't be all that difficult.


Also, here's a list of stages I plan on making as of now (the order I list it in isn't related to priority)
- Mushroom Kingdom Adventure (The one I'm Currently working on)
- King Bulblax's Arena
- Palgaea Shrine (May not finish, probably going to pass this one down to someone else once imported)
- Kongo Jungle (This is just going to be a fix as requested)
- Not a stage but considering the ease of it: Soul Calibur 2 Weapons (Likely not all of them)

That's on my list for now. I'll be continuing to add to it as I complete more stages.

I'm probably going to post it to the OP also. Don't be afraid to request stages still. I may not be able to do it but I will be able to rip it and I'm sure any other stage modders with interests in it will pick it up.

I'll begin to upload any of the models I uploaded so far onto models-resource on Friday.

@PseudoTypical Sure I can rip some items. Not sure how the Beam Sword will turn out from a straight rip though.

EDIT: Just noticed that they're messed up UVW maps here. Don't know how I didn't notice while working on it. Not too much of a problem, it just means I'll have to redo the materials again   :-[

I'm really excited for this. It'd be even better if you could get someone to improve upon the original textures. If you look at some of the stage forums I'm sure you could find someone interested!

Oh, and for the weapons (both Melee and Soul Calibur), the preferred file types are OBJ, DAE or 3DS. Thanks. :)

July 30, 2015, 02:58:55 AM #20 Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:11:45 AM by HeartlessSeph
Heya guys, version 1 of Mushroom Kingdom Adventure has been posted to the vault. Unfortunately, no pictures this time around. The actual entry just has the older picture uploaded.

Anyway, it's more of a test run for you guys. To get a taste of the Final version (it pretty much is final anyway, just needs a couple of fixes here and there. Here's the link in the unlikely case that my entry is bumped down to the bottom overnight, http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209209

Enjoy ;)

Post Merge: July 31, 2015, 02:11:45 AM

Another update on Mushroom Kingdom, and the last one it will be for a while for that stage since I feel like on working on a stage that wasn't originally a smash stage right now. I updated the lighting (still not exact though) and modified the water to look closer to the original look. I also fixed the issue of Peach's castle and the flagpole not showing in the background. The download link was already posted, it's the original download.

Here's a video to accompany it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeHC5e5VaO4&feature=youtu.be

Next stage I'll be working on is Palgaea Shrine. Look forward to it!


Always missed this stage!  Just a suggestion for the name: since the "Mushroom Kingdom" stage refers to the whole Adventure mode level, it can get confused with the normally playable stages of the same name, and most people may not recognize that it's referring to the ambush/locked battle where the Yoshi Team attacks you.

"The Yoshi Team" alludes to the specific segment of the level a bit more strongly.
"Yoshi's Ambush" also sounds pretty neat, which follows the recurring Story/Island naming convention.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Adventure_Mode#Part_1:_Reach_the_Flagpole
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Locked_battle
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Yoshi_Team#Super_Smash_Bros._Melee

August 05, 2015, 07:41:48 AM #22 Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:31:50 PM by omegafalcon
I know these aren't stages, but could you rip Pax and the weapons from Mushroom Men for Wii; Male character from Sin and Punishment Star Succsesor; Gnome from Gnomez(WiiWare); T-Rex from Fossil Fighter and Dillion from Dillion's rolling western? I know some of these are obscure and you probably don't have. Also note that that might not be the right title for S&P but I'm pretty sure its star something.

As for stages:
Mt. Battle from Pokemon Colleseum/XD
Edit: Area 10 specifically, the area where you fight the 100th trainer.
Mirror B's Hideout Pokemon Colleseum
The first boss battle with Mirror B in his Cave in Pyrite Town.
Maybe have Mirror B and a group of Lodicollo dancing in the background
Pyrite Town Colleseum
Basically the Pyrite Town Colleseum,
a walk off stage with a high ceiling and maybe some wall collisions
Poke Floats from SSBM
Dragon Kings Tomb from Mortal Kombat deception

I'm not familiar with ripped stage file types so I guess you could save it in whatever format works for you.
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Not sure if its possible, but i'd like to have Artifact Temple ripped from any version of Metroid Prime 1. Im talking about this thing:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I can make the stage by myself, but then could you optimize it? But if ripping this model is not possible, then how about that tall vertical shaft from Melee's adventure mode that requires player to reach the top before timer runs out?

Can you rip these models from Beyond Good and Evil from Gamecube?

Jade, Pey'j, Double H.

Hillys, Lighthouse, Main Canal, Pedestrian District, Selene.

Would you be up to ripping the original Melee FD background from SSBM?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Hey guys, sorry for the long delay, stuff popped up, some completely out of left field. Anyway, I have the rest of the week as free time, so I should be able to pop some stuff out finally! Anyway, for the models I have already ripped, I need to do some UV fixing before I upload any of it. For now, I did an extremely simple import, but not really. It's Palgaea's Shrine which I said I would work on, but also said I would only bring into Brawlbox. I'll post the link here to the .PAC file and let anyone who wants it take it over. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fssmmzndsp8vlc0/Palgaea%20Shrine%20WIP.pac?dl=0

Now for the question answering, here goes.

@omegafalcon Sorry, I don't have any of those games you listed above, but the good news is I am going to play through Pokemon Coeum and Gale of Darkness again, so it'll be quite easy for me to rip any stages I find interesting. And I do suppose I can rip the Poke Floats models, although I would probably hand it off to somebody else. Sorry, I don't have the gamecube version of Deception, but maybe I can rip it from the PS2 version (possibly not though).

@R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞   I can rip both, I honestly should have ripped the vertical shaft, but didn't think anyone would want to bother with it honestly.

@E-scope12 Here's another case of me not having the Gamecube version, once again I'll have to see if the PS2 version could be ripped from (are there any differences between the 2 versions?)

@Ricky D. (Br3) I'm not even sure if I can rip backgrounds honestly, of course I'll try. I loved the background in Melee's Final Destination.

Yay. :D Really glad to see you're back. Could I ask for you to grab one small thing aside from the weapons I mentioned? It would be the Koopa Dasher (Koopa Troopa's default kart) from Double Dash.

Could you rip the aliens in Ben10 Cosmic Destruction.
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Any news on this?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]