Gamecube/Wii Stage Ripping (Taking Requests!)

Started by HeartlessSeph, July 26, 2015, 09:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

July 26, 2015, 09:38:08 AM Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:26:41 PM by HeartlessSeph
Hey guys, haven't been active in a while. My old computer died from overheating and so I've been running with a cheap $100 laptop recently. But I've once again gotten my hands on a good laptop and am ready to begin working again! I'm doing this since a while ago I told someone I would rip stages for them and never got the chance to finish so now I'm going to be accepting requests to rip stuff from. Of course, I don't have every game that's available for the systems, so I can't exactly rip everything but don't be afraid to request regardless!

Stages I'm currently ripping:
- Adventure Mushroom Kingdom (SSBM)
- Lylat System Venom (SSBM)
- Underground Maze+Link Battle Platform (SSBM)
- Black Knight Battle Area (Fire Emblem PoR)
- The Lost Heir Battle Map (Fire Emblem RD)
- Shadow Moses Island (MGS TTS)
- Final Battle (Luigi's Mansion)

When you request please tell me your preferred file format. I have 3DS Max 2010 and 2015 so I can save in those formats. Of course, I can also save in any format 3DSMax allows me to (.OBJ, .DAE, .FBX, ect.)

Here's an example of a rip from Luigi's Mansion. It's simply the forested area from the very beginning of the game.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Not going to post that one since it's just that area though.

When requesting please make sure you define exactly what you want. This thread serves a dual purpose, you can request stages you want me to make AND you can request for me to simply rip a stage for your own personal use. Of course, it takes much longer for me to make a stage myself and as such, if you request, please be patient.

EDIT: So, I have stages that I'm going to be working on for now. Requests for Model Rips are still open but for now stage requests are on hold (sort of, still request so I can consider it if you really want a stage in.)

The stages are (from post #18):
- Mushroom Kingdom Adventure (The one I'm Currently working on)
- King Bulblax's Arena
- Palgaea Shrine (May not finish, probably going to pass this one down to someone else once imported)
- Kongo Jungle (This is just going to be a fix as requested)
- Not a stage but considering the ease of it: Soul Calibur 2 Weapons (Likely not all of them)

This is cool :)

Okay then...

Well I've always thought that Pikmin was underrepresented in the modding community (I play a mean Olimar, aha) So I'd really enjoy some Pikmin stage(s). The final Area of Pikmin 1 has you up against a King Bulborb. The Area is called the Final Trial, and it's small compared to the rest. At the end of the level is a natural Arena where you fight the King Bulborb. I always thought that would be cool. Though, I don't know if you own Pikmin, or Pikmin remake for the Wii.

On top of that, the the second Area (Forest of Hope) has some cool areas within it's map. Perhaps the stage could be right where the Pikming "Onions" park at the beginning of the level. It'd be col if those were also present to give context to where you are, since most of the Pikmin areas lack key features to really define a place.

Other than that and lastly, (and this might be complicated). So Smash 3DS has Gerudo Valley as a stage. I know we can't use those, so I was wondering if you could recreate that stage (as it's one of my favorites) using assets from Twilight Princess (from the Wii or Gamecbue). In those games, Kakariko is a desert looking/valley type town. All it's missing is a bridge to complete Gerudo Valley from 3DS, but there is a bridge in the game during the first hour or so of a playthrough. You cross it to find Epona (I believe... it's been a few years). Using that bridge in combination with the Kakariko assets, would complete it.

To keep the maps at a playable Poly, the Gamecube ones might be best to use, but if they're unavailable the Wii works too :) These are my requests, just let me know if these sound cool to you :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

July 26, 2015, 05:27:22 PM #2 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:38:37 PM by PseudoTypical
Can we request that you take things from Gamecube or Wii games that aren't stages? I still might have a few stage ideas, but I'd really like some items/weapons...

On the subject of stages, I'd like to request Palgaea Shrine (Lowest Level) from Soul Calibur II. http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Palgaea_Shrine_-_Lowest_Level

July 26, 2015, 06:43:35 PM #3 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:45:15 PM by HeartlessSeph
@Nebulon That's why I said don't be afraid to ask. I actually have Pikmin for the gamecube ;D. Although I should use this moment to bring up the fact that I don't have Pikmin 2. I can rip those parts, I just need either codes or a save at those locations to get to them. It shouldn't too long to rip them honestly... maybe. That last part does sound complicated though, this is primarily for ripping stages not building them, although I would like to maybe take that up as a project in the future.

@PseudoTypical Yeah you can, honestly I don't even know why I posted this topic in the Stages forum and not the model import forum. Guess that's what happens when you post a topic at five in the morning. Do remember that any characters won't be T-Stanced, though considering you're asking for items/weapons you should be alright.

Alright guys, I'm going to get to ripping. Give me a bit.




Quote from: HeartlessSeph on July 26, 2015, 06:43:35 PM@PseudoTypical Yeah you can, honestly I don't even know why I posted this topic in the Stages forum and not the model import forum. Guess that's what happens when you post a topic at five in the morning. Do remember that any characters won't be T-Stanced, though considering you're asking for items/weapons you should be alright.

Alright guys, I'm going to get to ripping. Give me a bit.
Yay

Can you rip all of Link's weapons from Soul Calibur II then? That would make a ton of things on the Vault better. Also If you could get the classic versions of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur that would be great. If this is too much I can narrow things down plenty!

I would make suggestions, but I can do absolutely nothing with the models myself, so maybe disregard this but...

If there was anything I wanted ripped, it'd be more stuff from Kirby's Return to Dreamland. A bunch of levels in that game (specifically the grayscale Another Dimension levels you fight the Doomers in) would make for great Smash stages; Lord knows the Vault is lacking in those.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

July 26, 2015, 08:49:16 PM #6 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:59:47 PM by HeartlessSeph
Alright, I ripped Pangaea Shrine and the Forest of Hope. What model formats do you guys want them in? Also, for the forest of Hope I didn't really remove any of the models so Olimar and any enemies in the area are still there in the pose when I ripped them.

Here's pictures of the stages
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


@HypnotizeOverdrive Sorry, I lost my copy of Return to Dreamland and never bothered to make a copy of it. I technically can download it, but I'd really prefer not to.

Any chance of some Soul Calibur II stages? Do you have a limit of how many requests one can ask for at one time?
~BRSTM Creator~

Please Send Your Requests For BRSTMs Here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73016.0

I'm Always Up For A Challenge! Rock On!

For Melee stages, maybe you could rip its version of Kongo Jungle. All the ones on the Vault have some messed up version of the background and that stage deserves better. Also Poke Floats

There's not a limit per se to how much I can rip or how much you can request. But I am only human so the amount of models or actual stages (yes I am doing some stages myself such as Adventure Mushroom Kingdom) is limited. I also am most active on Thursdays and Fridays cause I have nothing else to do those days so that's when you'll hear from me most.

It's easy to rip the stages themselves, it's the importing into Brawl and making it actually look good part that takes a while. So I'm hoping that people will be around to pick up some of these stages if they want to.



Quote from: HeartlessSeph on July 26, 2015, 08:49:16 PM
Alright, I ripped Pangaea Shrine and the Forest of Hope. What model formats do you guys want them in? Also, for the forest of Hope I didn't really remove any of the models so Olimar and any enemies in the area are still there in the pose when I ripped them.

Here's pictures of the stages
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


@HypnotizeOverdrive Sorry, I lost my copy of Return to Dreamland and never bothered to make a copy of it. I technically can download it, but I'd really prefer not to.

Oooo nice Forest of Hope :)

As far as formats go, I guess it would make sense to make it a walk off. But Olimar model isn't needed. Pikmin don't HAVE to be there either, but some menacing enemies in the background might be cool :) I think the Onions should be there personally.

Though I don't know what you were feeling about all of it. These are just my thoughts :) I am excited though to see you go through with this (if you are) :)

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Haha, it seems you misunderstood. I was under the impression you wanted the model for yourself. I won't mind making it though, the Pikmin stages currently available for Brawl are incredibly simple. Having more Pikmin-esque elements in a stage seems a good way to make it stand out. Of course, I need to take my time if I'm making the stages. The ones I'm currently focusing on are Adventure Mushroom Kingdom and The Black Knight's battle room from Path of Radiance.

Maybe I should redefine the OP to avoid any confusion honestly.

I think most of us get that you're only human and that we should respect that. For another thing, we really appreciate you doing this. Finally having good model rips can move along great mods so much more easily.

Later on tonight I'll look at a list of Gamecube games and see which ones people would probably want stuff from the most...


So it begins...

Oh, yeah: for Palgaea Shrine, you can put it in whichever format you believe is easiest. I personally won't be doing something with it but will probably pass it along later. Also, if you post this stuff to some model resource sites I'm sure people would love you for it.