Experienced Modder With BrawlEx Oddities

Started by Ghoti, September 01, 2015, 12:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm not a noob when it comes to Brawl modding. I understand how to do just about anything BrawlBox is capable of, and have gotten pretty good with codes over the years. So what I've found is baffling.

I have BrawlEx working just fine on Dolphin. But I can't get it on the Wii, in the most unique way possible. No, I haven't done anything wrong, since I copy-pasted EVERYTHING. Nothing has changed, and everything else works fine. The cosmetic effects work just fine. The sound effects work fine. The Ex character loads, and 99% of him works. But the instant I dash, the game locks up.

Now, this can't be a faulty PSA, since it works fine on Dolphin. Additionally, this happens on EVERY PSA. I've tested on about 7. It's always the dash that locks up the game, despite everything else working fine.

Does anyone have any idea why this is? I can't find another case like this. This is infuriating and nonsensical.
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

Ermm... Maybe it's one of the codes you're using? If there are any codes related to movement, try getting rid of it.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

September 01, 2015, 01:13:11 AM #2 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:16:47 AM by Ghoti
One of the first things I tried was nothing but File Patch and the SFX code. When that didn't work, I tried nothing but File Patch. Same result :(

Post Merge: September 01, 2015, 01:16:47 AM

Either way, I'm using the exact same codes on Dolphin as I am on the Wii, which is why I'm so baffled :P
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

Haha, Dolphin and Wii have different breaking points for some reason, so things that work for one may not for the other. But, currently i've no other suggestions.... Strange.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

I have noticed one key difference in Gecko (which is really odd, considering I'm using the same file to load Gecko on both the Wii and Dolphin (and yes, I made sure to re-copy the file, it still doesn't work)). The menu for Gecko displays more options on Dolphin than it does on my Wii. Why is this? I've verified that I'm using the same boot.elf file on both, downloaded from the same source, so why is it appearing different? I can take screenshots if it helps.
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax