Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Metal Box "Shine" On Fighters in Brawl Box  (Read 2758 times)
ThatDude
Advanced Kitten

Endless Ideas

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 27, 2010, 10:45:15 PM »

Ok, how do I apply a metal box shine to a texture so it looks metallic in game? When I made my Metal Shadow, I just imported the model into PAVGN's Metal Sonic and it still worked (thanks for that btw PAVGN), that proves that it is done in brawlbox and not with Gecko codes.

If you need me to explain better, pleas feel free to ask, I'm not that good at explaining.

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:50:06 PM »

Ok, how do I apply a metal box shine to a texture so it looks metallic in game? When I made my Metal Shadow, I just imported the model into PAVGN's Metal Sonic and it still worked (thanks for that btw PAVGN), that proves that it is done in brawlbox and not with Gecko codes.

If you need me to explain better, pleas feel free to ask, I'm not that good at explaining.

The shine on the Metal Sonic is because Sonic has an env01 which makes his entire body shiny. This is why Sonic cant be white or any shade like that. He glows pink. If you compare that Sonic's texture with a normal Sonic you'll see the env01 texture is different. Falcon and Samus are the only others I know off hand with textures that make their body shine but I don't know if they can be made that metallic.

ThatDude
    Advanced Kitten

Endless Ideas

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »

Ah, darn. Oh well, thanks for telling me.

johnlcb
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »

thatdude actually you can do that metal texture you want in the data partition try to find in the fighters folder  where are the pacs look at for example fitmarthdark.pac this one you can open it in brawlbox and export it as a for example fitmarh00.pac and pcs  you have to export both

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:15:52 PM »

But isn't that for emerald textures?

I believe he's talking about this.

That's the result of re-texturing Sonic's env01
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:17:25 PM by dingoberriz » Logged

ThatDude
    Advanced Kitten

Endless Ideas

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 06:49:57 AM »

thatdude actually you can do that metal texture you want in the data partition try to find in the fighters folder  where are the pacs look at for example fitmarthdark.pac this one you can open it in brawlbox and export it as a for example fitmarh00.pac and pcs  you have to export both
    Thats not quite what I need, but I'll attempt to work with it. thanks for the info.

Protoman.EXE
    Extreme Kitten

Netbattler pro.

• Awards Hot Topic Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »

Thats not quite what I need, but I'll attempt to work with it. thanks for the info.
    I've actually been looking into this for quite some time.
    Materials1 folder inside models contain wheather something has a speacial texture effect i think, im going to edit the properties and see what i can get.

PS: Ur name reminds me of my PSN ID, the_dude_is_real. Which is why its awesome.

Sig by Segtendo. Epic

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: