Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Windhunter7's Blender Importing Tutorial(Blender to Brawl)  (Read 56952 times)
okotochiken
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 01:58:55 AM »

Hey Wind. Well, if you're reading this post, I got the model properly rigged, this time over Snake. However, it just won't appear in game! I've tried Dolphin and the actual Wii with no result. I've properly texted the rigging in Brawlbox, by the way. A little help?

https://mega.nz/#!a9d1RAQY!-paLZU11iAlIhib4Nbv2l6YHmHCFZ7a1atIv2u2gokg

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 04:28:36 PM »

So, it's not properly textured; yes, you have the material right, but you don't actually have the texture in the file; so you need to right-click the "TextureData[0]" BRES and click Import->Texture and then select the texture for the model; then you HAVE to name it "Jacksepticeye", like you did in the material, matching that case, as well. And it only displays the textures in BrawlBox if the texture, properly named, is in the same folder as the file; otherwise it'll make it appear white in BrawlBox. As for in-game, since it has no textures assigned to it yet, it copies randomized textures from its surroundings; you also should fix the rigging, since it looks really weird and creepy in-game.

I am curious, though; specific parts, especially the arms, look like good rigging, so I'm wondering: Did you rig the model in Blender, or did you rig it in BrawlBox? Because if you rigged it in Blender, could I get more info on what you did, and then we could collab on this tutorial? Because I've been trying to figure how to get it to work for like a year.

Post Merge: September 08, 2016, 04:29:52 PM
    P.S. I apologize in advance if anything I said sounds mean; I just want to provide feedback of how you can improve upon it, just for the purposes of constructive criticism.
    « Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:29:52 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

okotochiken
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 11:15:59 PM »

I used both Blender and Brawlbox to get it working. I sent an email with the steps to your Gmail account.

Also, HOW DID YOU GET IT IN GAME! No matter what I did it wouldn't show up; I kept getting default Snake...

Post Merge: September 08, 2016, 11:17:00 PM
    Also, after a small amount of experimentation, Step 8 doesn't always work and the weights may need to be set manually.
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:32:33 AM by okotochiken » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 06:33:57 AM »

Ok; I saw the email you sent me, and though steps 1-12 is what I've been attempting before, I didn't attempt the Rigging Refinement before; so when I finish my current requests, I'll get back to testing Blender importing, and check it out, and if I can get it to work 100%, I'll give you credit in my tutorial.

As for how I got it in-game, I openened Snake's .pcs file(NOT his .pac file, because his .pac file is only used in solo gameplay, whereas his .pcs file is used in multiplayer and most types of fighting; some characters require both for that, though), replaced the MDL0 with the .dae file, and placed it in Snake's folder. It still needs the texture imported into the TextureData[0], though.

Post Merge: September 09, 2016, 06:34:27 AM
    Thanks a lot, though, btw! Cheesy When I get a chance, I'm totally trying it out! Smiley

okotochiken
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 02:08:40 PM »

Yeah, I replaced the mld0 in the pcs as well (and the texture is added too), but for some reason I still end up with default Snake. Do you use Dolphin's sd.raw method, the actual wii, or an iso patcher to use mods?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »

I do one of two things; either I use Project M hackless(3.5) on an SD card in the Wii, and put the .pcs in fighter->snake when I get to the Project M folder; the other is that I use WiiScrubber to inject it into the Brawl ISO in Dolphin, which I have instructions to do in the spoiler below:

(If you don't yet have the ISO on your computer)
    Download this and follow this tutorial(Where it documents how to use Clean Rip; the rest of the tutorial you don't need to know for these next steps, as they're unrelated; with the exception of downloading Dolphin; you should download Dolphin to be able to do one of these steps)

Put the .iso and the .pcs in a folder for modifying the .iso.(It can be the same folder as for Dolphin games, but doesn't have to be)

Download Wii Scrubber(It's in the Resources section of kc-mm), and put it in the same folder as the .iso and the .pcs file. Open WIIScrubber.exe. Click "Load ISO" and select the Brawl .iso. It will give warning messages, but you can ignore these, as they won't affect this. Just hold down "Enter" until the messages go away. Expand "Data Partition 2" and "fighter", then "snake" and find the FitSnake00.pcs file. It will have a bunch of digits and stuff next to it. You don't need to know any of those, though, so just right-click it and click "Replace". Select your .pcs file with the import; now it should say something about re-compiling and give the same warning messages when you initially opened the .iso. It should automatically save the replacement when you finish pressing "Enter" for all of the warnings and the .iso loads.

Now if you open the ISO in Dolphin, he should appear in-game.

okotochiken
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 03:15:56 PM »

Well, I tried patching the iso and my game just stopped. It didn't make the monotonous drone that I've come to associate with freezing, so I have no idea what's going on. I'll try rigging him over someone else, like Captain Falcon.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 03:21:28 PM »

Dolphin just does that sometimes; it's Dolphin, not the mod; just restart Dolphin, and retry until it loads. I know it's Dolphin, because I've tested things both on Dolphin and on the Wii, and Dolphin is the only one that'll randomly freeze.

okotochiken
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 03:41:54 PM »

What settings do you use to import the file into Brawlbox? Also, I've emailed you my latest (and best rigged) model, so can you please see if you can get it working?
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:15:55 PM by okotochiken » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 09:01:01 PM »

Here's a screenshot of my settings in the spoiler:

Ok, so here's what I found out about the most recent .dae file that you emailed me:

Rigging: Appears perfect to me, wondering how you managed that(Tested rigging via previewing animations in BrawlBox)
    Does it appear? Unknown
    Why is it unknown if it appears? Because this one, unlike the last one you emailed me, freezes Brawl
    Textures: It still doesn't have the texture, and you may want to fix that
    Bones: You were missing some Bandanna bones, but even after I added those in, it still froze, so it wasn't the rigging, and it was the model
    More Info: What EXACTLY did you do differently for this one? Because I noticed that the rigging on this one was perfect, but this was the one that actually froze the game whereas the other one didn't.

okotochiken
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: September 09, 2016, 09:26:07 PM »

With the rigging, I used 3DS Max for this one to see if it was Blender's fault it wouldn't appear ingame. The only things I did to the model itself was resize & rotate it. I can give you the source link to the place where I downloaded it if you want to have a look.

http://3delicious.net/index.php?a=detail&id=67324

Just click the picture to download. I'll fiddle with my 3DS Max export settings to see if I can get it working, but I'm pretty sure it's set to the correct ones needed to export for Brawlbox...

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2016, 09:28:57 PM »

No, it wasn't Blender's fault at all; as I said before, it appeared in-game for me; 3DS Max, for some reason, however, ended up making the import freeze the game.

okotochiken
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 02:58:56 AM »

Well I'll just keep fiddling. Thanks for the help!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2016, 04:12:18 AM »

Likewise, and thank you for your help, too! Cheesy

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2016, 10:15:22 PM »

Important Notice to All Blender Importers:

Ok, so for those of you who are subscribed to my tutorial thread, just letting you guys know that I (more or less) solved the whole Blender importing issue. The only glitch that still occurs is just something that can be fixed in BrawlBox in a few minutes. The secret is to use Blender 2.78a, since it was difficult to get 2.70 not to freeze BrawlBox, and 2.77 had model glitches. But yeah, this new breakthrough means that you can actually rig the character in Blender, and it is also a more direct import/export process. Oh, almost forgot, you also have to skip using BRRES Viewer entirely, and just export the .dae with Brawlbox and import the .dae into Blender without using any conversions first. If someone knows enough about Blender to know how to make the bones 100% visible, instead of lines, please let me know, because I'm still a semi-novice when it comes to Blender. Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to directly fix the current and final glitch, please lemme know!

Unfortunately, though, I'm really busy this semester, so it'll be after the semester that I make the official tutorial. Hopefully December, if I have enough time.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: