Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How can I find or make custom Character Select boxes pictures? SOLVED!  (Read 1468 times)
zoroarkrules25
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 12, 2016, 01:25:12 PM »

Hi, I am wondering how I can find or make character select boxes images for hacks. For example I have one for skull kid, but the character select screen box is just toon link. How can I replace it with a picture of Skull Kid? I have seen videos of people with custom character select boxes for hacks that don't have them but I don't know how you do it.I know how to edit the actual portraits though.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:13:26 PM by zoroarkrules25 » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 02:40:26 PM »

You mean the pictures of characters like in this picture, right?(Not the backgrounds, but the character pictures?)

If that's the case, then what you're trying to change is what's called the "CSS" icons. Because they must be 80x56 in dimensions, and go in the common5, in the "sc_selcharacter_en" subsection, inside the "MiscData[70]" subsection.

zoroarkrules25
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:01:15 PM »

Yes, thank you, but what I mean is for custom characters, for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_lm77ujOWk

In this they have a custom Icon for characters like sephiroth( another psa I have over marth). In the PSA I downloaded he has only a csp over marths, but not a Icon.

Are there places where I can find custom ones, or even create my own for the PSAs I have without them?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 07:50:06 PM »

That's because that guy did something called "porting a character", where he put Marth in 2 slots on that screen, and in 1 of them, he used custom animations. I guarantee that you could rename the Sephiroth to "FitMarth00" and put it in Marth's folder without the .rels or animation .pacs, and it would be a skin over Marth. The icons are still in the same location, whether or not you choose to have the movesets be different. Also, you can use the CSP to make the "CSS Icon". Just copy the CSP, open it up in MS Paint(Literally; though you could do something in GIMP or something, as well), crop it till it's only the head part, move the image to the side temporarily, make an 80x56 green box(You can do this by making a new .bmp, changing the dimensions to 80x56, and then using the color filler tool to make it a very noticable color like lime green or bright red), select ONLY the image that you cropped(Make sure that none of the background in-between the picture and the green box are selected, and that it's only the picture), and then fit the image to that box by unchecking the "Draw Opaque" button, change the attributes to "80" and "56" for the dimensions, and presto! All you have to do is import it into BrawlBox, in the section that I told you earlier about. If you have any questions about how to make the icon, lemme know. Wink

zoroarkrules25
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 09:38:45 PM »

Thank you! I thought cropping the CSP might work, but I wasn't sure. I'll try and see if I can get it to work!

EDIT: It did work! Thank you again for your help!
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:13:02 PM by zoroarkrules25 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: