Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: Help1 Game Crashes when I change any portraits!  (Read 5494 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 10:35:32 PM »

Well, either you did something wrong, or you're just really unlucky; you see, I've played on Dolphin enough to know that it will occasionally just "freeze" silently, regardless of if you even are using any mods; it especially likes to do this freeze when you first press a button at the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Press Start" screen, or after a second or two after entering the Character Select Screen.

Alternatively(I just realized), it might be a different version of the common5 from the Brawl that you're using; for example, the common5 that you uploaded works with my ISO, which is an NTSC one; which type is yours? NTSC as well? If you right-click the ISO in Dolphin, and go to Properties->Info, it should tell you what country if you don't know.

Aron
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 10:45:57 PM »

Well, either you did something wrong, or you're just really unlucky; you see, I've played on Dolphin enough to know that it will occasionally just "freeze" silently, regardless of if you even are using any mods; it especially likes to do this freeze when you first press a button at the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Press Start" screen, or after a second or two after entering the Character Select Screen.

Alternatively(I just realized), it might be a different version of the common5 from the Brawl that you're using; for example, the common5 that you uploaded works with my ISO, which is an NTSC one; which type is yours? NTSC as well? If you right-click the ISO in Dolphin, and go to Properties->Info, it should tell you what country if you don't know.
    It's says the country is USA. So it is NTSC

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 07:13:40 AM »

Then I dunno. Go over these steps, though, just to make sure 100% that you're doing everything exactly right.

Put the .iso and the .pac in a folder for modifying the .iso.(It can be the same folder as for Dolphin games, but doesn't have to be)

Put WiiScrubber in the same folder as the .iso and the common5.pac. Open WIIScrubber.exe. Click "Load ISO" and select the Brawl .iso. It will give warning messages, but you can ignore these, as they won't affect this. Just hold down "Enter" until the messages go away. Expand "Data Partition 2" and "System" to find the common5 file. It will have a bunch of digits and stuff next to it. You don't need to know any of those, though, so just right-click it and click "Replace". Select your new common5.pac(I'd recommend not changing the name when you extract it at all) Now it should say something about re-compiling and give the same warning messages when you initially opened the .iso. It should automatically save the replacement when you finish pressing "Enter" for all of the warnings and the .iso loads.

Alternatively, you might be using an outdated or corrupt Wii Scrubber version, which might not work. Would you mind uploading your Wii Scrubber version, so that I can test if the program is the problem? Because if it is, then I'll upload my version for you.

Aron
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 07:35:44 AM »

Then I dunno. Go over these steps, though, just to make sure 100% that you're doing everything exactly right.

Put the .iso and the .pac in a folder for modifying the .iso.(It can be the same folder as for Dolphin games, but doesn't have to be)

Put WiiScrubber in the same folder as the .iso and the common5.pac. Open WIIScrubber.exe. Click "Load ISO" and select the Brawl .iso. It will give warning messages, but you can ignore these, as they won't affect this. Just hold down "Enter" until the messages go away. Expand "Data Partition 2" and "System" to find the common5 file. It will have a bunch of digits and stuff next to it. You don't need to know any of those, though, so just right-click it and click "Replace". Select your new common5.pac(I'd recommend not changing the name when you extract it at all) Now it should say something about re-compiling and give the same warning messages when you initially opened the .iso. It should automatically save the replacement when you finish pressing "Enter" for all of the warnings and the .iso loads.

Alternatively, you might be using an outdated or corrupt Wii Scrubber version, which might not work. Would you mind uploading your Wii Scrubber version, so that I can test if the program is the problem? Because if it is, then I'll upload my version for you.
    here https://www.dropbox.com/s/74herw3fwf488bb/WiiScrubber140Multiboot.rar?dl=0

Post Merge: April 19, 2016, 07:49:32 AM

Ok I listen to what you said in the spoilers and I finally got it too work!
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:49:32 AM by ThatOneHedgehog » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 09:43:46 AM »

Glad I could help! Sorry if I sounded mean at any point, though. Undecided

Aron
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 10:06:30 AM »

Glad I could help! Sorry if I sounded mean at any point, though. :-
    It's alright, Thanks! You really helped me a lot Smiley

Post Merge: April 19, 2016, 04:09:18 PM
    Glad I could help! Sorry if I sounded mean at any point, though. :-
    now the textures wont load at all, it was loading yesterday

Post Merge: April 19, 2016, 04:16:58 PM
    Glad I could help! Sorry if I sounded mean at any point, though. Undecided
    nvm mind, I was trying to install a css with unplayable characters (Alloys, Wario Man,and Giga bowser.) And it didn't work, so i changed the files I  changed and fixed it
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:16:58 PM by ThatOneHedgehog » Logged

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: