Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird texture glitch on custom model [FIXED]  (Read 3016 times)
cjv1128
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:37:08 AM »

Ok, so, I've been working on trying to put Lilac, a character from the game Freedom Planet, over Sonic. I'm having a problem with the textures though, sometimes they show up correctly, but other times... this happens.
I'm not really sure why this is happening, but when it happens, if I'm in training mode and set the camera to zoom, when I unpause, they show up properly then. Of course, if I change it back to normal, this happens again. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:23:12 AM by cjv1128 » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 01:49:20 PM »

Are the textures powers of 2, are they in CMPR format, and are you using Brawl's materials?

cjv1128
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 02:50:05 PM »

The textures are both in CMPR format and in powers of two, but I don't think that it uses Brawl's materials, as I used 3dsmax to rig it and export as a DAE that I then put into brawlbox. Is there some setting I can change to make it work, or am I just out of luck on this?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 03:03:31 PM »

So I can't guarantee that using Brawl's materials will fix it, but it can't hurt to try. What you do is expand the MDL0 of a Brawl model, expand the Materials folder, and select one of the materials that's used in the same way(Most of the time, you'll probably want a material that references only one texture), then export that, open up your MDL0, expand your Materials folder, and replace each material(Other than the _ExtMtl ones, if you have any) with that one. If all of this doesn't solve it, I could look at it for you, but I would prefer you try this, first.

cjv1128
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 05:16:51 PM »

Ok, so I tried doing that, and it did make a difference, but... its still messed up. Also, it seems to have made it darker. The one wearing blue is the one I'm experimenting with:
    And for reference, what they're supposed to look like (they seem to work fine on Melee's Pokemon Stadium, for some reason, although the one is still really dark)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6DWK24JYAtXY2ZjUWxnemg5S2M/view?usp=drivesdk I put both the original one and the one from after modifying the materials in the zip, just in case.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 05:29:51 PM »

Ok, then next I would suggest replacing the shader, the whole shader, not for each individual stage, with a Brawl shader, and that should theoretically fix it completely. Theoretically; kinda too busy myself to test it out right now, so go ahead and try it.

cjv1128
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 07:40:09 PM »

That seems to have fixed it, although its still really dark and the skins like really shiny on some polygons, but I can deal with that

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 10:47:47 PM »

Are the polygons using any Color Nodes? Because if so, having them not use Color Nodes should do the trick, but if they are not using them, then there should be some RGB values in the materials that you can change to remove the dark effects.

cjv1128
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »

I actually tried replacing the materials again, but this time with one that doesn't use a mask, and now its the right brightness! Thank you SO MUCH for your help!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »

No problem! Glad you got it working! Cheesy

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: