[Guide]Taking the First Steps - Welcome to WiiU Mods

Started by Ӄit ßallarɖ, May 03, 2016, 06:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 03, 2016, 06:57:27 AM Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:32:24 AM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
Figured a gathering of the modding minds should be in order.

In this we will teach you how to get your Wii U set up and raring to go for the Wii U - Smash U modding scene. Here's what to do:

Setting up TubeHax
Got into your settings and change up your Internet Connections.
So, Internet -> Connect to Internet -> Connections (or X button). Here, tap your setting and then "Change Settings".
Now, Tab over 1 screen and tell it to "Don't Auto-Obtain" on DNS.
It'll ask you what DNS address you will want to use
tap in: 107.211.140.65 for primary
Alternitively, you can use 104.236.072.203 if you still like using Youtube, as the one above will block it.
Save and test connection. If it connects, you're golden.

Next, deny Nintendo any chance of sneaking in:
Scroll over to "Power Settings" and change "Standby Functions" to "Disabled".



Firstly, This section is targeted for those who's been stuck on 5.5.0/5.5.1.

Double check to see if Skype, or any app running on port 80 and possibly 440 is closed.

The first thing you're going to do is get the Server Exploit Files (EUR Friendly Jar. Replace the original). When it's downloaded, extract em somewhere that's easy to find.
Next up, rename all the folders. The leak has em reversed, so atad, sdaolyap, and sredaol would change to data, payloads, loaders.
Double Click "HaxServer.jar". If Windows complains, then install Java 8+.
You should get a small window like this:

It should show "0" in all fields if you first ran it. That is OK.

Now, the fancy stuff:
You need to find your PC's Lan-IP Address. Make a note of it.
Now, let's goto the WiiU.
Hop into your browser and delete your cookies. Just to help it along. If it freezes still when you run this next step, run the "Reset Save Data" option to give your Browser a scrubbing.
Goto the web address: http://<yourip>/hax?kexploit31 (IE: I would goto http://192.168.1.3/hax?kexploit31)
It should attempt to load, which will then flip to a green screen, with ascii. Then should kick back to the WiiU Home menu. From what I've read, Tadah! You've done the first step into the magical world of WiiU Modding!




Loading apps:
Firstly, we're going to run our good friend, the Homebrew Launcher. Now, how to do this goes like this:
run either the kexploit10 or kexploit31 (IE: http://<your ip>/hax?kexploit10)
go back into the Browser
goto http://<your ip>/hax?launcher

It should boot right into the Homebrew launcher! Now, if it doesn't (it'll report "Race Attack Failed" and boot you to Settings), try launching the other kexploit (for me, kexploit10 worked, while I read kexploit31 works.)



Using this guide will only last for that power on session. So, if you wish to relaunch Homebrew Launcher, you're going to have to run through these steps again. At least, till they deliver a more... installed... option. If you have not turned the power off (and haven't went into System Settings) after you've gone back to the Home screen, enter Mii Maker to reload Homebrew Launcher (or possibly other apps you've started)

Leave notes here and I'll update the post so we can have a document on this. Also, Admins/Mods can edit this post if they feel the need to update som'in, grammar police, or if I haven't done it in a bit.


Segtendo's edit: Many people seem to have an issue with trying to get into any sort of homebrew. I personally recommend http://loadiine.ovh/. It has worked for me every time.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



May 03, 2016, 09:35:48 AM #1 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:42:06 AM by Large Leader
Don't know if this completely warranted it's own thread atm, but at least include instructions to set DNS to tubehax and to turn off auto update and standby features of WiiU in case of emergency patch by nintendo.

Also, instructions are here. You could probably copypasta with a "thanks for info" stuff, if you want. INcludes some relevant info

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-running-kexploit-5-5-x-w-haxserver-loadiine-homebrew-launcher-etc.424948/

Make sure skype is off when you run it, unless you have it set not to use port 80 and 440 (or at least I think it's 440, I know for a fact it uses 80).


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

May 03, 2016, 10:06:21 AM #2 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:34:42 AM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
Added the first bit of your post. The topic you posted is basically what I just said (besides the command prompt), cept it continues to go into Loadliine, which I don't believe this forum wishes to talk about. Isn't the Smash mods launched from Cafiine?
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Would be nice if you added a little Introduction and a "What are we achieving with this" line and make it an official Tutorial.

The guide itself seems to be pretty good. Props to you for taking initiative here, Kit!

May 03, 2016, 05:26:16 PM #4 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:27:29 PM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
Quote from: Albafika on May 03, 2016, 05:21:56 PM
Would be nice if you added a little Introduction and a "What are we achieving with this" line and make it an official Tutorial.

The guide itself seems to be pretty good. Props to you for taking initiative here, Kit!
Will do. Thanks for the pointer. I kind of tossed it together with what I poked around with and waited for input. I still feel like it's missing som'in (and not the annoying "Website host" stuff).. like, stuff about Cafiine and other apps, also Spoofing, when the time is needed.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



So according to this, the Wii U can block updates and still connect to HaxServer?

yeah. DNS is "Domain Name Service". Basically, this is what your System (Pc/Console) goes to when it leaves your house to check for an address. Like, connecting to  kc-mm.com will goto the DNS and ask it to find the website's IP address. When you point your browser at your Lan Ip, it doesn't need to ask the DNS where it is, cause it's handled by the Router.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Okay, it still works. :)

i just need to figure out how to set up SDCafiine and I'm gold

Yup. Hoping to get some info on that in the OP as soon as someone shares XD
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Can't confirm on 5.5.1, but for 5.3.2, you'd run OSdriver off of your sd card when you go to your IP address. If that worked without race attack failing, then you run sdcafiine. At that point, you just press A and go on with your life (aka load smash).


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I try to run the SDCafiine payload off of Kexploit, and I get "No kexploit" and hanging.

May 03, 2016, 07:40:15 PM #11 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:44:38 PM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
If it doesn't like one version of kexploit, try the other. *shrugs*

I'd help out but busy trying to figure out if I'm even looking for the right files for Loadiine, and then later figure out how to install the data keys to unlock the rest of my Smash DLC that I haven't paid for (My Bf wants to buy a few more for me, but I'd rather save his cash for som'in else...)
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



After a million tries, I can finally go to the homebrew launcher.

Now wheres that smash music modding guide.


This really isn't the place to be asking questions. GBATemp, as difficult as it is, is the best place to ask atm. Or maybe if soneek shows up, but he can't FAQ for everything.

Just to reiterate, wade through GBATemp and you might be able to find an answer there.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.