[Guide]Taking the First Steps - Welcome to WiiU Mods

Started by Ӄit ßallarɖ, May 03, 2016, 06:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: mnsg on May 22, 2016, 01:07:45 PM

Anyway, I did check out GameBanana, but some users at GBAtemp.net stated that it wasn't a good place,


Dont know who said that, but gamebanana is fine. At least for now. Even now, aside from smashexplorer, animcmd, param editor (and probably msbteditor) dont have guis. I dont expect modding to grow that large without something that people lacking in knowledge will be able to understand.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

To make sure I understand correctly...you cannot have both a hacked Wii U and maintain Youtube, correct?

Assuming as this blocks out everything...or is there a way to be able to maintain both?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on June 02, 2016, 06:14:11 PM
To make sure I understand correctly...you cannot have both a hacked Wii U and maintain Youtube, correct?

Assuming as this blocks out everything...or is there a way to be able to maintain both?

From what I can understand, you can't show any signs of hacking at Miiverse.  You can still upload YouTube videos, but you don't want to make Miiverse posts that showcase the hacks, as that could get you banned.

Tubehax DNS Redirect is basically a Youtube Blocker that also funnels Nintendo's Update addresses through it. So if it's blocking youtube, it's also blocking the update servers.

And yeah.. Don't miiverse post. If you're using som'in like Loadiine's smash launch mode, any posts you make to miiverse from any game will show up under Smash bros.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: mnsg on June 03, 2016, 07:21:59 PM
From what I can understand, you can't show any signs of hacking at Miiverse.  You can still upload YouTube videos, but you don't want to make Miiverse posts that showcase the hacks, as that could get you banned.

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on June 04, 2016, 04:18:31 AM
Tubehax DNS Redirect is basically a Youtube Blocker that also funnels Nintendo's Update addresses through it. So if it's blocking youtube, it's also blocking the update servers.

And yeah.. Don't miiverse post. If you're using som'in like Loadiine's smash launch mode, any posts you make to miiverse from any game will show up under Smash bros.

I wasn't talking about Miiverse I never use it and never post on it, but good note thanks for the info.

I wasn't talking about uploading on YouTube either. I was asking really just for viewing random YouTube videos. Would it be possible to have a hacked system and use the YouTube app on the Wii U for viewing purposes?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on June 06, 2016, 11:17:52 PM
I wasn't talking about uploading on YouTube either. I was asking really just for viewing random YouTube videos. Would it be possible to have a hacked system and use the YouTube app on the Wii U for viewing purposes?
Yessir.
https://reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks/comments/4i4rv7/flimflam69s_551_kernel_exploit_guide_and_other/
Quote/u/chncdcksn was nice enough to set up a DNS server for all of us that also blocks Nintendo URLs. However, the cool thing here is that it does not block YouTube - so you can enjoy YouTube on your Wii U and still block updates from Nintendo! This is a nice alternative DNS server. (You still will not be able to access the eShop through this. If you want eShop access, check out the Various Things section.)

    Turn Auto-Obtain DNS OFF
    Set Primary DNS to 104.236.072.203
    Set Secondary DNS to 104.236.072.203
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


June 07, 2016, 04:28:06 AM #36 Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:29:06 AM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
Quote from: Widowmaker on June 07, 2016, 12:42:04 AM
Yessir.
https://reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks/comments/4i4rv7/flimflam69s_551_kernel_exploit_guide_and_other/
Oh, it got fixed up to work with youtube? neat to know. I'll have to remember this for when someone else asks.

edit: Ah, it's a secondary "TubeHax". I'll add it to the Op.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Alright, I finally decided to set this [censored] up, but I've hit an impasse.
When I try to self host, the address just takes me straight to my router management.

I've not seen anyone else encounter this issue, so any ideas on how to resolve this?

Quote from: DrPanda on July 25, 2016, 04:49:02 PM
Alright, I finally decided to set this [censored] up, but I've hit an impasse.
When I try to self host, the address just takes me straight to my router management.

I've not seen anyone else encounter this issue, so any ideas on how to resolve this?

I have not but don't you have a EUR? I just remember reading in numerous blogs and pages that it's the most glitchy one out of all 3 so far, so maybe try researching for issues specifically for that?

Sorry it's not much help but I'm still learning myself. This time around it's not many helpful peers and it feels like every man for himself.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on July 26, 2016, 03:58:40 AM
Sorry it's not much help but I'm still learning myself. This time around it's not many helpful peers and it feels like every man for himself.
I've got a good grasp on how to set up mods.
A few of us from here are on the Smash Wii U modding Discord I keep talking about. Nano, DSX8, Large Leader, vaanrose, etc.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]