Help with Spec and normal maps texture (Solved)

Started by Hilmy091, August 09, 2016, 12:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 09, 2016, 12:46:18 PM Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:24:14 AM by Hilmy091
So i was trying to import textures but then i came across textures that looked like this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have no clue what to do with them. Apparently those images needs to be merged or similiar.

FYI I only have paint.net to edit stuff, so please give instructions on what to do with the textures for paint.net.

Those are spec and normal maps. Using paint.net, I typically desaturated the normal texture( the blue one) and set its layer to overlay. Then make a new layer with the grey on on top of it, and set it to multiply. Edit brightness and saturation to your liking.

Thanks. but isn't the normal one the yellow one? And where do you put the yellow layer?
(My guess is the bottom)

Yeah, the yellow one seems to be the normal texture. So have it at the bottom as a normal layer.