Back at it! POKEMASTERS STAGE THREAD! (Clemont's Gym M Released)

Started by POKE MASTER, September 23, 2016, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: POKE MASTER on September 28, 2016, 04:03:17 AM

Fixed! :)
Lol thanks broskii.  
I'm having trouble with the Super Mario stage though.  The problem I feared would happen happened. I cannot get a high resolution background.

This is what I have so far. But you see how the background kills the whole thing due to the sheer lack of quality it has.

Huh...maybe that's because that background was the one item I linked from Super Mario Advance, while the rest of it was from Super Mario All-Stars?

Here's a version of the same snowy hills from All-Stars (http://www.mariouniverse.com/images/sprites/snes/smb2/bg-snowmountains.png). Maybe that'll work better? If not, it wouldn't be too big a deal to use general blue sky (http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/supermariobros2/sheet/7209/) for the background...the rest of the stage definitely looks kickass so far!

Quote from: BKupa666 on September 28, 2016, 04:35:52 AM
Huh...maybe that's because that background was the one item I linked from Super Mario Advance, while the rest of it was from Super Mario All-Stars?

Here's a version of the same snowy hills from All-Stars (http://www.mariouniverse.com/images/sprites/snes/smb2/bg-snowmountains.png). Maybe that'll work better? If not, it wouldn't be too big a deal to use general blue sky (http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/supermariobros2/sheet/7209/) for the background...the rest of the stage definitely looks kickass so far!

Okay I'll throw some blue sky up in there then lol.

Post Merge: September 28, 2016, 05:24:31 PM

Quote from: BKupa666 on September 28, 2016, 04:35:52 AM
Huh...maybe that's because that background was the one item I linked from Super Mario Advance, while the rest of it was from Super Mario All-Stars?

Here's a version of the same snowy hills from All-Stars (http://www.mariouniverse.com/images/sprites/snes/smb2/bg-snowmountains.png). Maybe that'll work better? If not, it wouldn't be too big a deal to use general blue sky (http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/supermariobros2/sheet/7209/) for the background...the rest of the stage definitely looks kickass so far!

Never mind I got the background covered. :D

I told you once you go hack, you cant go back...
But seriously nice to see u back and hope to see u on the sm4sh thread as well

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on September 28, 2016, 07:18:03 PM
I told you once you go hack, you cant go back...
But seriously nice to see u back and hope to see u on the sm4sh thread as well

Lmao ;)
Thanks man. It's good to be back.
I'll check it out now.

Just checked out your World 4-2 video on YouTube...it's magnificent! The level really feels 'alive' with the Beezos in the background and the various items — excellent touches there. The one glitch(?) I noticed was that there seems to be a small pixelated line below the Ace Coin. Not sure whether that's the level itself or your TV (it seems to be below one of the cherries in your preview images, so I'm guessing the latter). 

In any case, it's a great stage that I can't wait to add to my personal build. Thanks for making it!

Quote from: BKupa666 on September 29, 2016, 05:13:28 AM
Just checked out your World 4-2 video on YouTube...it's magnificent! The level really feels 'alive' with the Beezos in the background and the various items — excellent touches there. The one glitch(?) I noticed was that there seems to be a small pixelated line below the Ace Coin. Not sure whether that's the level itself or your TV (it seems to be below one of the cherries in your preview images, so I'm guessing the latter).  

In any case, it's a great stage that I can't wait to add to my personal build. Thanks for making it!


Ayyy!!! Thanks bro!
The cherrys are animated as well. Idk if you can tell from the video because it isn't that high quality but they swing back & forth like they do in-game.

It's hard to explain... but the "line(s)" that you see are reflections. Light is reflecting off of the transparent models that I needed to use to add the little items & nick-nacks for the stage.  The reflection off of the edge of the model makes it look as though their is a line fading in & out of view as the camera angle changes . In reality it is just the edge of the model reflecting light. I can't do anything about that unfortunately.  =\


Quote from: Russell_SSB on September 30, 2016, 08:02:11 PM
Hey, man. How goes the stage?



Dang sorry bro, I wasn't even able to start it yet. I'm definitely going to start on it Monday because I'll have some spare time. The only days I work on stages is Tuesday  & Wednesday;my days off from work. I have a lot of free time before I go to class those days. But Monday I'm off from class so I will definitely have time to start & probably finish the stage.

Quote from: POKE MASTER on October 01, 2016, 02:32:10 AM
Dang sorry bro, I wasn't even able to start it yet. I'm definitely going to start on it Monday because I'll have some spare time. The only days I work on stages is Tuesday  & Wednesday;my days off from work. I have a lot of free time before I go to class those days. But Monday I'm off from class so I will definitely have time to start & probably finish the stage.
Okay! Thanks. :)

Quote from: Russell_SSB on October 01, 2016, 09:38:06 AM
Okay! Thanks. :)

I'm a bit confused on how you want the layout of the stage to be broskii.
Where you thinking of something like this where the back contains the stage itself and you fight on a platform in front of it???

http://i.imgur.com/nI95ROh.jpg

Love your stages. Ever consider doing some from the Genesis Sonic games?

Quote from: POKE MASTER on October 04, 2016, 01:57:52 PM
I'm a bit confused on how you want the layout of the stage to be broskii.
Where you thinking of something like this where the back contains the stage itself and you fight on a platform in front of it???

http://i.imgur.com/nI95ROh.jpg
This looks neat! Maybe have an animated background with platforms in the stage. I would love your idea! :)

Quote from: Russell_SSB on October 04, 2016, 04:29:53 PM
This looks neat! Maybe have an animated background with platforms in the stage. I would love your idea! :)

Ahh okay, i get it now. No problem.

Post Merge: October 04, 2016, 05:12:50 PM

Quote from: ToadKart on October 04, 2016, 04:12:50 PM
Love your stages. Ever consider doing some from the Genesis Sonic games?

Hey thanks a lot man! :)
No not really because I never played that game but if you have a request for a stage or level from that game I could probably make it if I can get my hands on the textures/sprites from the game.

Quote from: POKE MASTER on October 04, 2016, 05:10:24 PM
Ahh okay, i get it now. No problem.

Post Merge: October 04, 2016, 05:12:50 PM

Hey thanks a lot man! :)
No not really because I never played that game but if you have a request for a stage or level from that game I could probably make it if I can get my hands on the textures/sprites from the game.
Thanks again for the stage for Super Smash Bros. Frontier. ;)

Can't wait to try out World 4-2, and Morton's Castle was a really pleasant surprise...wasn't expecting to see that one for a while. Nice work!

One thing, since I didn't see it in your original post, are you still planning on doing Mine Cart Carnage? I can definitely understand if you want to restrict to one request per user, just wondering if it's still on the table.