Back at it! POKEMASTERS STAGE THREAD! (Clemont's Gym M Released)

Started by POKE MASTER, September 23, 2016, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BKupa666 on October 05, 2016, 12:38:25 AM
Can't wait to try out World 4-2, and Morton's Castle was a really pleasant surprise...wasn't expecting to see that one for a while. Nice work!

One thing, since I didn't see it in your original post, are you still planning on doing Mine Cart Carnage? I can definitely understand if you want to restrict to one request per user, just wondering if it's still on the table.

Thanks a lot bro! :)
Yeah I managed to build Mortons Castle out of nowhere last night lmao.
Oh yeah I still plan on making it. Or at least attempting to make it.
But I want to work on some other stages first so there's no due date for it. But I'll slap it up there on the list of up coming stages.

Quote from: POKE MASTER on October 04, 2016, 05:10:24 PM
Ahh okay, i get it now. No problem.

Post Merge: October 04, 2016, 05:12:50 PM

Hey thanks a lot man! :)
No not really because I never played that game but if you have a request for a stage or level from that game I could probably make it if I can get my hands on the textures/sprites from the game.

You're welcome!

Ok, cool. Thanks! A lot of levels have already been made on here, and I've made a few 2d stages as well, so I'll just pick one from each game that hasn't been made that I'd like to see, and you can just pick whichever one of those that you would like to make. :)

Sonic 1 Scrap Brain Zone

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/27194/

Sonic 2 Wing Fortress Zone

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/24969/

Sonic 3 & Knuckles Lava Reef Zone

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/10592/




Quote from: Russell_SSB on October 05, 2016, 07:28:52 PM
Thanks for my Clu Clu Land stage! :)


You're welcome I wish I could have done more. But the game itself is pretty basic. There's not much movement as compared to a super mario advance stage.

Post Merge: October 05, 2016, 09:11:07 PM

Quote from: ToadKart on October 05, 2016, 05:22:18 PM
You're welcome!

Ok, cool. Thanks! A lot of levels have already been made on here, and I've made a few 2d stages as well, so I'll just pick one from each game that hasn't been made that I'd like to see, and you can just pick whichever one of those that you would like to make. :)

Sonic 1 Scrap Brain Zone

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/27194/

Sonic 2 Wing Fortress Zone

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/24969/

Sonic 3 & Knuckles Lava Reef Zone

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/10592/




I'll make 1 of them in the future. I want to work on some other stages first.

Post Merge: October 05, 2016, 09:12:31 PM

Quote from: ToadKart on October 05, 2016, 05:22:18 PM
You're welcome!

Ok, cool. Thanks! A lot of levels have already been made on here, and I've made a few 2d stages as well, so I'll just pick one from each game that hasn't been made that I'd like to see, and you can just pick whichever one of those that you would like to make. :)

Sonic 1 Scrap Brain Zone

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/27194/

Sonic 2 Wing Fortress Zone

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/24969/

Sonic 3 & Knuckles Lava Reef Zone

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/10592/




But consider it done! =D



Quote from: BKupa666 on October 25, 2016, 05:56:40 PM
Everything okay, man?

Yeah I just lost a little interest in brawl hacking again do to the small accumulation of downloads on my new stages.

I used to hack because it was fun & I got the motivation to hack MORE because of the amount of people that enjoyed my stages.  I would upload a stage & bunch of people would download it & enjoy it & I'd feel the desire to make more to make more people happy.
I got my motivation from other peoples enjoyment of my stages.
But it seems like not many people play brawl anymore. I barely get any downloads now after I put 5 - 6+ hours of effort into a single stage.
It doesn't seem like it's really worth it to make stages anymore.
Maybe I'll switch over to project M stage hacking because nobody really plays brawl anymore but project M is still HOT.

I've had fun with your recent stages, but yeah, people seem to be mostly interested in the competitive-leaning stages nowadays. Maybe you'd get more downloads for your other listed stages if the layouts were more tourney-friendly (for example, based on Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Wario Land and whatnot)?

I know Smash Bros. Legacy XP, for example, is trying to compile as many quality tourney stages as possible for its new builds...and it already has some other fun ones like your Ghost House stage. Maybe reaching out to them is a good way to get more attention for your projects?

Quote from: BKupa666 on October 26, 2016, 12:25:57 AM
I've had fun with your recent stages, but yeah, people seem to be mostly interested in the competitive-leaning stages nowadays. Maybe you'd get more downloads for your other listed stages if the layouts were more tourney-friendly (for example, based on Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Wario Land and whatnot)?

I know Smash Bros. Legacy XP, for example, is trying to compile as many quality tourney stages as possible for its new builds...and it already has some other fun ones like your Ghost House stage. Maybe reaching out to them is a good way to get more attention for your projects?

Yeah you're exactly right. I'm going to have to start  making more balanced, competitive friendly stages if I want more downloads.
Nobody really plays Brawl for FUN anymore since Smash 4 came out.
They mostly play it for 1v1s

So I'll focus on making more + stages.


Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on October 27, 2016, 12:54:26 AM
or maybe start sm4sh hacks?

Sounds like a good idea...but it seems like the smash 4 stage hacking scene is like nonexistent lol.
People say that it's possible to make stage hacks for it but I haven't seen any.
I also hear it's extremely difficult to hack stages for that game as well.
Maybe when they dumb it down & make a program(s) that can easily read the game  i'll jump into it.

In any case, I found a segment from the Mine Cart Carnage stage that, if you're still interested, could be translated into a Yoshi's Island (Brawl)-type platform layout for the Project M/Legacy folks.

http://imgur.com/gallery/W1R7A

Can be accessed from these sprites about midway through the level (https://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/24388/) with the background being here (https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/dkc/sheet/45121/).

Quote from: BKupa666 on October 28, 2016, 10:40:48 PM
In any case, I found a segment from the Mine Cart Carnage stage that, if you're still interested, could be translated into a Yoshi's Island (Brawl)-type platform layout for the Project M/Legacy folks.

http://imgur.com/gallery/W1R7A

Can be accessed from these sprites about midway through the level (https://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/24388/) with the background being here (https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/dkc/sheet/45121/).

I'll give it a shot!  =D

Looking forward to seeing the final product of that and any other projects you're able to complete in the near/not-so-near future :-D